TFIP IBF Data Analytics

coocoonana

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hii anyone attended any interviews yet? Mind sharing what kind of questions would the banks typically ask?

I also read some ppl said that the pay after conversion might be lower than 5.5k…. To me it doesn’t make much sense as well, but I’ve got a friend’s friend from previous batch DA track. He’s earning way higher than 5.5k at GS. So…… I Think most FIs will pay more than 5.5k.
Nice!! Goldman is a top bank . Ur friend must be good at his job!!

jarrettoh

Reaction score
This FI is a famous low baller.
Just want to verify if this is true? I found the salary guide for UBS for non-front office staff on efinancialcareers (can't post URL here):

Analyst: S$75k/pa base, S$5k/pa bonus (total S$80k/pa)
Associate: S$90k/pa base, S$20k/pa bonus (total S$110k/pa)

Range appears pretty reasonable for analyst/associate level. Or relative to other FI, it is already considered low?

Lysten

Reaction score
Just received the interview date to be coming Wed!
Cool, congrats on the interview. (y)👏If you don't mind, could you share how it went after the interview? Would like to understand more. May not be making it this time round but will be a good knowledge for the next application next year.

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just want to verify if this is true? I found the salary guide for UBS for non-front office staff on efinancialcareers (can't post URL here):

Analyst: S$75k/pa base, S$5k/pa bonus (total S$80k/pa)
Associate: S$90k/pa base, S$20k/pa bonus (total S$110k/pa)

Range appears pretty reasonable for analyst/associate level. Or relative to other FI, it is already considered low?
would be best to consult a friend working in there, don't get your hopes up.
or go linkedin and consult a former uni alumni.

someone else in this thread has earlier shared what an FI was willing to pay upon conversion.
anyway, got 18 mths to slowly figure out the conversion to permanent pay range is worth it or not.

Last edited:

Sjaehyung

Reaction score
Had zero calls so far. I wonder what is their criteria for choosing those who are suitable for the interview. Maybe they have IT background or they gone through courses with DA portfolio available for interviewers to see.

Any sharing on those who got the interviews?

reg1611

Reaction score
Had an interview with JPM. I think it is a goner.

Be very prepared for the interview.
Hey Lalilata!

I also have an upcoming interview with JPM for data analytics this Thursday. I received the invite from RecruiterPal, but I can't seem to accept the invitation. Did you face the same issue too? Thanks!

rainbowfighter

Reaction score
Just did my interview with UOB, I think it went okay.

There were no technical questions, and the interviewer shared more about the role.

General line of questioning went towards situational questions (e.g. how would you handle your colleagues, describe a difficult situation you handled, do you challenge the norm etc.)

lalilata

Reaction score
Hey Lalilata!

I also have an upcoming interview with JPM for data analytics this Thursday. I received the invite from RecruiterPal, but I can't seem to accept the invitation. Did you face the same issue too? Thanks!
All the best! No issue for me. Did it take you to a page to confirm the interview date?

I thk you should be fine. Have an example of what you used the Python to solve a problem, or describe your train of thoughts of the process..

reg1611

Reaction score
All the best! No issue for me. Did it take you to a page to confirm the interview date?

I thk you should be fine. Have an example of what you used the Python to solve a problem, or describe your train of thoughts of the process..
Nope it didn't, I wasn't taken to any page to confirm the interview date. My interviewer name/contact person is S___ H____, is yours the same too?

coocoonana

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you put any programming language in your resume? Need to explain the interest in that language. Any example of what you did with the language. Hope this is helpful?
Woa nice. Hope ur previous projects or examples went well w the interviewer!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.