The Accessories Thread

jus

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2000
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
0
Wow. That's quite old school. For functional purposes or for the look? Check out Albert Thurston, they might have what you're looking for. Also, tails and the unexpected. If you're looking for it locally, long shot.

For both. Went thru the website and didn't see any.
 

boysdontcryy

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
841
Reaction score
0
:) Wear 'em in good health. The black knit would look nice with your Zegna seersucker.

CF8A621A-2CD4-4E9F-84EF-75FEE67E16BD-367-00000034D4F86791_zps646e2f80.jpg


Just collected yesterday. Wearing the black knit with my new Kent Wang silver tie clip today.

90C61F88-73D9-4F38-AE1D-0CED367F6134-491-0000014C92D05E54_zps51601665.jpg
 

boysdontcryy

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
841
Reaction score
0
Can share where u buy your ties?

Sorry. Missed this post. Here, below. Other cheaper lined ties I think are good for the $ are ties by Andrews. Have one from them.

Vanda's ties are 6-fold. Not 7.

My favorite go-to-sources for ties are the following, in no particular order:

1) Sam Hober
2) Vanda Fine Clothing
3) Drakes
4) Cheap ties that are made of decent quality.

Drakes ties, particularly those with hand-rolled edges are tightly rolled, and are as good as it gets. The lined ones, are like any other lined ties.
 

boysdontcryy

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
841
Reaction score
0
Paging for BDC please post your tie collection photo.

This picture is a little dated already. But I'm too lazy to snap another picture. I do need another tie-rack though. Not sure if it's sold in SG.









Couple additions:

The Hermes tie immediately below looks infinitely better in real life. It shimmers and the colours are iridescent. Don't really buy ties for their brands, rather, for their silk, and colour.



Here's what they call a scarf-tie.



Here's how it can be worn:



 

boysdontcryy

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
841
Reaction score
0
Welcome to the world of braces! I use Albert Thurston. Once you switch to wearing braces, your life will be revolutionised. Lol. Can also check Trafalgar.

I bought them in all the colours I have ties in, so I can match them.

Here are mine:





any recommendations for suspenders?
 
Last edited:

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,261
Reaction score
5,238
am looking for a nice brown belt to complement my shoe. any recommendations? :) say budget below 200
 

i.curtis

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
I recently just bought a tie at KBKS for $120,

I think its been fairly underated here for the quality, all hand made in italy and better than drakes for sure
 

boysdontcryy

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
841
Reaction score
0
My jeweller just sent me a digital mock-up of the cufflinks he'll be making me.

Burmese jade
Diamonds

Question: Should I have the cufflinks crafted in this blend of gold and silver colour, or would it look better if it's entirely in gold?

 

archangle13

Senior Member
Joined
May 11, 2006
Messages
994
Reaction score
32
My jeweller just sent me a digital mock-up of the cufflinks he'll be making me.

Burmese jade
Diamonds

Question: Should I have the cufflinks crafted in this blend of gold and silver colour, or would it look better if it's entirely in gold?


I would think it depends on the shirt colour. By itself, monotone gold with that jade bit seems too oriental for a western attire.
 

boysdontcryy

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
841
Reaction score
0
Just bought a vintage Cartier Gladstone bag online.

I think it was reasonably priced.

Here's how an SAB gladstone bag looks like. The gladstone bag was coined and named after the William Gladstone, the English Prime Minister who popularised the bag. I was keen and interested in the Doctor's bag (and Gladstone bags) 7-8 years ago but somehow never got around to purchasing one because they tend to be large and cumbersome. I have a Doctor's bag I swiped from my dad though.

525x525px-LL-84af1ed3_vbattach59735.jpg


The one I bought. This will be the LAST bag I purchase.





 

boysdontcryy

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
841
Reaction score
0
My jeweller just sent me a digital mock-up of the cufflinks he'll be making me.

Burmese jade
Diamonds

Question: Should I have the cufflinks crafted in this blend of gold and silver colour, or would it look better if it's entirely in gold?


Received these two pictures in the mail. They make it up in wax, and then cast it. When I saw it in my mail I thought they had made the cufflinks entirely out of jade.



 

Daniel.Y

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
Look at the jade cufflinks. I wonder what is the cost for them to be made out.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top