The AMD Fanatic/Educator July-August 2014 Program

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
Means if not fussy its not bad. Anyways have to give kudos to AMD for doubling their efforts! Wish Asus or the rest would step their game up

Even i as an Nvidia fan (sort of) cant deny their price-perf ratio along their whole line. Esp 290.

The card to buy; one level lower than flagship

Same just like R7950 vs GTX670. It's $400 vs $550++
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
in this case your 499/528 R290 vs 700-800 GTX 780. Huge difference

If I was building a ballin small ITX rig, I'd be willing to pay a premium for ref 780 though. NV is the only option for high performance with blower design
 

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
18,905
Reaction score
33
If I was building a ballin small ITX rig, I'd be willing to pay a premium for ref 780 though. NV is the only option for high performance with blower design

Even i wouldnt buy a ref 780 leh... It looks good but is just so damn hot and slow...
 

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
33,617
Reaction score
4
More...

10580119_10203718783403344_312928964481895426_n.jpg
 

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
33,617
Reaction score
4
I'm only the lowly messenger, photos not taken by me... lol

Wish they can fly this type of twmm AMD show girl in... super solid dual cores as far as I can see, dunno overclocked, augmented or otherwise. :eek:

51afedfaa564f254045923.jpg
 

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
18,905
Reaction score
33
I'm only the lowly messenger, photos not taken by me... lol

Wish they can fly this type of twmm AMD show girl in... super solid dual cores as far as I can see, dunno overclocked, augmented or otherwise. :eek:

51afedfaa564f254045923.jpg

Holy this is the real dual core. But buay sai la they know nuts (pun unintended) bout pcs
 

djdestiny

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
1,236
Reaction score
11
Frankly why don't you try head down to PCT or VideoPro this sunday and see whether the guys know their stuffs :)
That's how they are doing their promotion ... the cosplay is another thing the main point is guiding people with their questions.
 

ArcticCheetah

Banned
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
35,817
Reaction score
2,017
Frankly why don't you try head down to PCT or VideoPro this sunday and see whether the guys know their stuffs :)
That's how they are doing their promotion ... the cosplay is another thing the main point is guiding people with their questions.

Erm you think Intel makes money by letting people "know" their stuff?
You are doing it wrong.
 

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
18,905
Reaction score
33
No I just think it is a stupid idea, so why would I join?

Your objections are duly noted but as again they are your opinion. I would suggest instead of deriding the system that you present better alternatives.

I for one think its a good promotional tour that AMD is using as long as the educators are forthcoming and proactive. Although the cosplay idea wasnt the best development we'll see how AMD responds to our feedback here in this thread
 

sglords

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
6,568
Reaction score
38
AMD shld promote at upcoming IT show instead
Even those no idea at least know there's such a brand
 

wtfh4x

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
210
TBH this kind of job sucks in the first place, then now have to wear No.4 and boots and stand in cramped SLS with not even a booth to stand in to get paid in products with rubbish resale value. I really pity them.
 

ArcticCheetah

Banned
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
35,817
Reaction score
2,017
People buy computers only hwzoners buy processor.
To make sure sales are highe make sure your processor is in the computers they buy.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
TBH this kind of job sucks in the first place, then now have to wear No.4 and boots and stand in cramped SLS with not even a booth to stand in to get paid in products with rubbish resale value. I really pity them.

Cramped SLS? REALLY?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top