The Contact Lenses Thread

habsters

Reaction score
Hard lens. Or conventional lenses.

Thanks... My opto gave me a similar answer as urs also :s13:
but the freq I wear lenses really does not justify me purchasing of conventional lens...

so i still prefer soft lenses... :o
thanks

warhunter

Reaction score
Thanks... My opto gave me a similar answer as urs also :s13:
but the freq I wear lenses really does not justify me purchasing of conventional lens...

so i still prefer soft lenses... :o
thanks
No choice la

rustyvinyl

Reaction score
Hi there, which are the shops with more reliable and experience opto?
Tks lots!

oldbreadstinks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anybody know where to get lenses with base curve of 9.4?

i got tested by my opto with BC of 9.4 but almost all stores only carry max. 9.0
to add salt to my wound, i got astig + myopia.
in the end i sucked it up with 5 pair of trial lenses of myopia only, with BC 9.0...
my astig 100deg+ so my vision will be compromised by 10%.

but based on the freq i wear contacts (once/twice a week), yearly isn't a good choice for me.
anybody with BC 9.4 or know where to get lenses of BC9.4, do tell me!

edit: i prefer daily lenses. and my trial pair fyi are daily lenses too.

not possible

disposible lenses are meant for the general market. not likely to make anything bigger for mass distribution . not gong to earn.

and I don't there there's anything beyond 8.7 with astig.

Reaction score
Hi there, which are the shops with more reliable and experience opto?
Tks lots!

hi, u can try sunny eye wear at far east plaza. Sunny is very friendly and his prices are very reasonable. definitely much cheaper than shopping center optical shops. Have been going there for years :)

Look-into-me

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just want to check if any of you had this experience before.

Well it was about 2 weeks back when suddenly my left eye started to feel quite dry and a little itchy, as well as burning sensation while I'm wearing my contact lenses. So i decided to allow my eyes to rest about 3days before trying to wear my contacts again, however i still feel the same discomfort problem...

After that day I stop again till today then decide to try wearing a fresh new pair of contacts cos I thought it may be becos the previous pair wasn't clean enough. Yes indeed the fresh pair help a little, however after a few hours the same problem came back again.... When I remove my lenses my eye became very itchy and red...

I also realize when I wake up in the morning my affected eye will be extremely dry, yep i know it seems weird but only 1 side of my eye is having this problem. So any guys can advice me what to do? Is it an eye infection?

angelmiao

Reaction score
Hi guys, just want to check if any of you had this experience before.

Well it was about 2 weeks back when suddenly my left eye started to feel quite dry and a little itchy, as well as burning sensation while I'm wearing my contact lenses. So i decided to allow my eyes to rest about 3days before trying to wear my contacts again, however i still feel the same discomfort problem...

After that day I stop again till today then decide to try wearing a fresh new pair of contacts cos I thought it may be becos the previous pair wasn't clean enough. Yes indeed the fresh pair help a little, however after a few hours the same problem came back again.... When I remove my lenses my eye became very itchy and red...

I also realize when I wake up in the morning my affected eye will be extremely dry, yep i know it seems weird but only 1 side of my eye is having this problem. So any guys can advice me what to do? Is it an eye infection?

may I know are both of them (after u changed to the brand new one) are the same brand? Last time when I use maxi eyes, my eyes turn up like yours, itchy red and even got baksae.. After then I realised my eyes are sensitive with certain brand. Currently I'm stick to fresh kon only.
I suggest u better go for eye checkup before starting to wear lenses :s12:

Look-into-me

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may I know are both of them (after u changed to the brand new one) are the same brand? Last time when I use maxi eyes, my eyes turn up like yours, itchy red and even got baksae.. After then I realised my eyes are sensitive with certain brand. Currently I'm stick to fresh kon only.
I suggest u better go for eye checkup before starting to wear lenses :s12:

hmm but how is it possible for only 1 side of my eye to be sensitive?

ironborn

Reaction score
Focus Dailies $80 for 2 30-pack expensive?

Today, I visited the optical shop to get a new pair of spectacles and decided on purchasing some contact lenses for the first time, just to use for special occasions where I don't want to wear spectacles.

I am short-sighted with both eyes being 200 degrees. The lady recommended Focus Dailies and she said must buy minimum 2 boxes (30-pack). So altogether, that's 30 pairs of daily contact lenses. She charged me $80 for them. My question is, is that too expensive?

I've never bought contact lenses before and didn't consult other people about it so I don't know what's the usual price.

al3x85

Reaction score
Anyone has any recommendation for monthly toric contacts lens that can support astigmatism of -2.75 cylinder?

I'm currently using B & L Softlens 66 (monthly) . Would like to try out some lens as i don't really feel comfortable.

legionzsgoh

Reaction score
Anyone has any recommendation for monthly toric contacts lens that can support astigmatism of -2.75 cylinder?

I'm currently using B & L Softlens 66 (monthly) . Would like to try out some lens as i don't really feel comfortable.

dude, its either u have to go for permanent/yearly toric CL or Rigid Gas permeable/ Hard CL for ur -2.75 DC.

Alternatively u may wanna try for a compromization of ur astig to -2.25 DC as most current CLs for Astigmatism are only up to -2.25DC

legionzsgoh

Reaction score
Today, I visited the optical shop to get a new pair of spectacles and decided on purchasing some contact lenses for the first time, just to use for special occasions where I don't want to wear spectacles.

I am short-sighted with both eyes being 200 degrees. The lady recommended Focus Dailies and she said must buy minimum 2 boxes (30-pack). So altogether, that's 30 pairs of daily contact lenses. She charged me $80 for them. My question is, is that too expensive?

I've never bought contact lenses before and didn't consult other people about it so I don't know what's the usual price.

bro, if its Focus Dailies Aqua ComfortPlus, it will be RRP $45, thus u are looking at $10 discount. Thus my question for u to think about . This $80 does it include the proper CL examination and Insertion n Removal Patient Education process?

legionzsgoh

Reaction score
hmm but how is it possible for only 1 side of my eye to be sensitive?

Sensitivity could be due to the possible adherence of proteins, dust n dirt or even micro organism on ur CL surface. Where ur Maxieyes if i am not wrong is just a color lens without surface treatment other than color pigments.

When ur eye are dry so are the CL on ur eyes, thus, these plastic monomer will increase the friction on the eye surface ... creating more mechanical rubbing that would lead to surface abrasion and irritation, which in turn cause the eyes to be red and inflamed. having it on 1 particular could either be the CL is more "dirty" on that side of eye or perhaps ur hands or other thing had exerted additional irritation to it.

_hulk_

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where to buy cheap monthly contact lenses online?

I buy from eyelookgood.com

Please go for regular eyes checkup to know your eyes condition before buying from there.

I buy B&L from there cos its cheaper than than optical shops and their expiry date is normally longer. (2-3yrs). Those I bought from shops, only a year plus.

legionzsgoh

Reaction score
where to buy cheap monthly contact lenses online?

But do remember to get a proper CL examinations done for you before u proceed for bulk purchase online...

Remember: online CL price may be very cheap,.. however a visit to the Eye Doctors are darn expensive... and the health of ur pair of eyes.. Priceless...

wisewise

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clearlab CL

Went to a optical shop wanted to restock my lenses, shop recom a clearlab daily lens. Cheaper than pro clear bought for $38 per box, find it surprisingly good.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.