The Contact Lenses Thread

__Neo__

Reaction score
is eyelookgood HSA/GDPMDS certified?
certified would mean that there is protection under the medical devices act right?

Last edited:

warhunter

Reaction score
certified would mean that there is protection under the medical devices act right?

HSA don't certify lenses. They only license people to bring in lenses. people that are allow to carry in lenses to singapore to respective healthcare providers. This can be found if you search under importer and distribution license

Providing lenses to the general public is under the optometrists and opticians act different law. No one is allowed to sell contact lenses without a licensed practitioner, checking your health of the eye before dispensing the lenses to you.

warhunter

Reaction score

Don't protect you if your lenses not from licensed sources. Not protected also because no one checked your eye when u took the lenses. Its prescription only devices

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
One advice.. those who lazy to rub your lens, spend some money to buy AOSept!
From all the solution I use, this is the best liao. Feels even better than multipurpose solution. Downside is you need to wait at least 6 hrs before using it again. Incase you need to use your contacts urgently, then standby some daily lens will do the job :)

img_109_360_ml.jpg

warhunter

Reaction score
One advice.. . ose who lazy to rub your lens, spend some money to buy AOSept!
From all the solution I use, this is the best liao. Feels even better than multipurpose solution. Downside is you need to wait at least 6 hrs before using it again. Incase you need to use your contacts urgently, then standby some daily lens will do the job :)

img_109_360_ml.jpg

Dude your advice will get people blind . new research shows rubbing your lenses is needed. Whatever solution you use. Its to remove the harden proteins on the Lens. If your not licensed. Don't give advise

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
Dude your advice will get people blind . new research shows rubbing your lenses is needed. Whatever solution you use. Its to remove the harden proteins on the Lens. If your not licensed. Don't give advise

I'm giving advise is based on my own experience. When I use mutipurpose solutions, I get eye discomfort even when I'm doing it the proper way.
I never have issues with AOSept. Furthermore, the solution itself never mentioned any requirements to rub the lens. So is the manufacturer giving wrong info? Then you should warn them on their instructions and packaging instead :)
Yes I may not be licensed. But i'm just doing what my optometrist and the instructions on the product told me :D

CIBAVision
Based on product's website:
Mechanical forces caused by the bubbling boost surface protein removal.

warhunter

Reaction score
I'm giving advise is based on my own experience. When I use mutipurpose solutions, I get eye discomfort even when I'm doing it the proper way.
I never have issues with AOSept. Furthermore, the solution itself never mentioned any requirements to rub the lens. So the manufacturer giving wrong info? Then you should warn them on their instructions and packaging instead :)
Yes I may not be licensed. But i'm just doing what my optometrist and the instructions on the product told me :D

CIBAVision
Based on product's website:
Mechanical forces caused by the bubbling boost surface protein removal.

That's why I'm informing you of the new studies. Which apparently your optometrist is not aware about. Mechanical rubbing removes the protein more effectively than non rubbing. companies make use of all sorts of marketing for their products but industry best practice is to rub the lenses.

http://health.usnews.com/health-new...d-rinse-best-way-to-clean-soft-contact-lenses
A more layman friendly article. it is especially important for lenses with replacement periods of >2 weeks to rub the lenses. (eg. monthly, 3 monthly, conventional lenses).

The protein deposited on the lenses is a good breeding ground for germs and an anchor for them to bind onto.

Last edited:

Xerovix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ksl mall selling RM300 for 4 boxes of 1 day acuvue moist. That's abt $30 per box.

Xerovix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't anyhow give advice leh. Lao hua is usually under correct. He should go to an optometrist to have his prescription verified. I think he is prepresbypic. Probably around 35-39 years old. Or he is overcorrected by a huge amount and his compensatory muscles in the eye cannot focus near image as effectively as before

i got anyhow gave advice meh?

simi is prepresbypic?

and don't anyhow guess lah. the user ish early 30s and not 35-39.

warhunter

Reaction score

simi is prepresbypic?

Dude I'm an optometrist. Prepresbyope are people who have a weaker ability to read before they reach presbyopic age of ~40. It can happen to people who are over corrected or have a certain binocular function problem.

warhunter

Reaction score

simi is prepresbypic?

I've seen so many people with such issues. Many of them are overcorrected and do not know. If he is early 30s definitely not what you said. Lao hua is presbyopia. He's not there yet.

Last edited:

Xerovix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've seen so many people with such issues. Many of them are overcorrected and do not know. If he is early 30s definitely not what you said. Lao hua is presbyopia. He's not there yet.

he is not 35-39 yr-old like what you said.:s22:

and i already said his lenses are overpowered.:s13:

warhunter

Reaction score
no.

i said either laohua or overpowered.:D

For that age only possibility is overpowered or muscle problem. Both need proper checking. Your advice of laohua can give people a false sense of security. Some conditions are potentially life threatening and can have those symptoms of muscle problems. What happens if your advice causes something to be missed?

Xerovix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For that age only possibility is overpowered or muscle problem. Both need proper checking. Your advice of laohua can give people a false sense of security. Some conditions are potentially life threatening and can have those symptoms of muscle problems. What happens if your advice causes something to be missed?

then both of us were wrong, wasn't it:s13:

warhunter

Reaction score
then both of us were wrong, wasn't it:s13:

Like what I always said in my posts. Go on and read them. People must always go to have a comprehensive eye check before contact lens wear.
That's the only way to be safe.

Fake contact lenses can be anywhere. Just get from licensed practitioners to be safe. Anything wrong with the source the practitioner will be responsible. If you get it from let's say an online source. Nothing is guaranteed

Last edited:

CkJie05

Reaction score
Like what I always said in my posts. Go on and read them. People must always go to have a comprehensive eye check before contact lens wear.
That's the only way to be safe.

Fake contact lenses can be anywhere. Just get from licensed practitioners to be safe. Anything wrong with the source the practitioner will be responsible. If you get it from let's say an online source. Nothing is guaranteed

Is it true that I should get a post purchase lens fitting examination ? The lenses that i'm wearing now seems to be abit blurry. Wondering if i should drop by the shop again to ask for the examination.

stewpig

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we can buy from overseas and import for our own personal use? Will it be confiscated by customs?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.