The Contact Lenses Thread

Gintoki

Master Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
23
Those are mainly for hard lenses. keep your fingernails short and go onto the web to see some examples of how they put on contacts. normal for newbies to take a long time

Oh they dont have it for soft lens? I did try to look on youtube, like very easy for them to just pinch out. I cant figure out why so difficult for me. Guess I just have to try again.
 

wufei85

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
I am thinking of doing RGP or conventional yearly len as my myopia and astigmatism is quite high so like to check is there any optometrist to recommend as RGP seem to be uncommon in sg
 

ftpofmpo

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2014
Messages
8,431
Reaction score
1,082
I am thinking of doing RGP or conventional yearly len as my myopia and astigmatism is quite high so like to check is there any optometrist to recommend as RGP seem to be uncommon in sg

you can go to sp or np optometry, but there's a long waiting queue
 

ftpofmpo

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2014
Messages
8,431
Reaction score
1,082
On average yall spend how much per month on contacts ah? Just ordered 2 boxes of one day acuvue moist for astig with the $30 discount so cost me $100 for 30 uses. Price sounds abit steep to me not sure if shld change to cheaper brand


acuvue moist is not suitable for wearing for more than 10 hours everyday.

you can consider monthly lens, but need proper upkeep. (or rgp lens)

cheaper ones made of polymacon such as soflens 38 avoid them.
 

hui123

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2017
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
dazzleme lens are actually very comfy considering the price is only $7!!!!!!! i usually wear it fro 15 days then i change to a new pair and the colors are super nice!!!!
 

ftpofmpo

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2014
Messages
8,431
Reaction score
1,082
dazzleme lens are actually very comfy considering the price is only $7!!!!!!! i usually wear it fro 15 days then i change to a new pair and the colors are super nice!!!!


it is simply a white label lens from a korean factory with not much details.it is unlikely the lens will have any special features. recommend to find a lens with information and get them fitted.
 

mngedo

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2006
Messages
756
Reaction score
7
Hey guys just sharing some info, i have got Coneal ulcer recently and I surely do not wish for anyone to get this. It is the most painful expereience (physical and emotional).

I always used monthly contact lens. Monday to Friday at least for 8 hours a day. I throw it out after a month and always praticed good hygiene.
This seems normal but i still got an corneal ulcer and the suspect is baterial infections from contact lens.

I was even hospitalized for emergency treatment :(( i have already recovered now and switching to dallies and trying to alternate with the use of glasses. Actually glasses cause me to have a headache. My degree is not so bad and I don't wear glasses at home. Because of this there is now a "scar" on my corneal. I know of people who went to sleep without removing their lens, use the lens past its lifespan etc. i would advise everyone not to risk it. Remove your lens Immediately if your eyes feel watery and has a yellowish discharge.
 

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
4,891
Reaction score
181
Thanks for sharing your painful experience..good lesson for all of us cl users out there..

Hey guys just sharing some info, i have got Coneal ulcer recently and I surely do not wish for anyone to get this. It is the most painful expereience (physical and emotional).

I always used monthly contact lens. Monday to Friday at least for 8 hours a day. I throw it out after a month and always praticed good hygiene.
This seems normal but i still got an corneal ulcer and the suspect is baterial infections from contact lens.

I was even hospitalized for emergency treatment :(( i have already recovered now and switching to dallies and trying to alternate with the use of glasses. Actually glasses cause me to have a headache. My degree is not so bad and I don't wear glasses at home. Because of this there is now a "scar" on my corneal. I know of people who went to sleep without removing their lens, use the lens past its lifespan etc. i would advise everyone not to risk it. Remove your lens Immediately if your eyes feel watery and has a yellowish discharge.
 
Last edited:

dustypixie

Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
176
Reaction score
1
anyone tried contactlens.sg subscription services? I'm currently wearing bioinfinity coopervision lens. My power for both sides are different, and theoptometrypractice.sg doesn't allow me to key in different power. I usually buy a year supply and Contactlens.sg is so far cheapest and safest I've seen , 1 box is only about $33. Ezcontactlen is selling $30 per box but don't know can trust a not eh. No reviews to see.

Any colour lens to recommend for dry eyes? I used to wear black in sec school days but now I just wanna try something natural to see if my boyf like a not. =:p Monthly or daily one is fine but would prefer monthly ones.
 

ftpofmpo

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2014
Messages
8,431
Reaction score
1,082
anyone tried contactlens.sg subscription services? I'm currently wearing bioinfinity coopervision lens. My power for both sides are different, and theoptometrypractice.sg doesn't allow me to key in different power. I usually buy a year supply and Contactlens.sg is so far cheapest and safest I've seen , 1 box is only about $33. Ezcontactlen is selling $30 per box but don't know can trust a not eh. No reviews to see.

Any colour lens to recommend for dry eyes? I used to wear black in sec school days but now I just wanna try something natural to see if my boyf like a not. =:p Monthly or daily one is fine but would prefer monthly ones.

you might want to see if you fit into air optix colors. most other brands are group 4 which dries out fast. you can also try buying from european or us websites
 

ftpofmpo

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2014
Messages
8,431
Reaction score
1,082
Hey guys just sharing some info, i have got Coneal ulcer recently and I surely do not wish for anyone to get this. It is the most painful expereience (physical and emotional).

I always used monthly contact lens. Monday to Friday at least for 8 hours a day. I throw it out after a month and always praticed good hygiene.
This seems normal but i still got an corneal ulcer and the suspect is baterial infections from contact lens.

I was even hospitalized for emergency treatment :(( i have already recovered now and switching to dallies and trying to alternate with the use of glasses. Actually glasses cause me to have a headache. My degree is not so bad and I don't wear glasses at home. Because of this there is now a "scar" on my corneal. I know of people who went to sleep without removing their lens, use the lens past its lifespan etc. i would advise everyone not to risk it. Remove your lens Immediately if your eyes feel watery and has a yellowish discharge.

Did you go for yearly or half yearly eye checkups?
 

blueygirls

Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2009
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I need bifocal lenses but those don't work well. So i'm considering Monovision (where you wear two different lenses in each eye, so one takes the lead at distance and the other eye at near).

Any recommendation for optician in Jurong area? Good after-sales service and not too expensive?
 

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
4,891
Reaction score
181
Try West Mall mr eyewear?

Hi guys,

I need bifocal lenses but those don't work well. So i'm considering Monovision (where you wear two different lenses in each eye, so one takes the lead at distance and the other eye at near).

Any recommendation for optician in Jurong area? Good after-sales service and not too expensive?
 

warhunter

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
1
Hey guys just sharing some info, i have got Coneal ulcer recently and I surely do not wish for anyone to get this. It is the most painful expereience (physical and emotional).

I always used monthly contact lens. Monday to Friday at least for 8 hours a day. I throw it out after a month and always praticed good hygiene.
This seems normal but i still got an corneal ulcer and the suspect is baterial infections from contact lens.

I was even hospitalized for emergency treatment :(( i have already recovered now and switching to dallies and trying to alternate with the use of glasses. Actually glasses cause me to have a headache. My degree is not so bad and I don't wear glasses at home. Because of this there is now a "scar" on my corneal. I know of people who went to sleep without removing their lens, use the lens past its lifespan etc. i would advise everyone not to risk it. Remove your lens Immediately if your eyes feel watery and has a yellowish discharge.

I have treated a few ulcer patients (of course not in Sinkie cos I'm only a glorified specs salesman in Sinkie). I always take this phrase from my ulcer patients with a pinch of salt.
Can you described your good hygiene so I can spot any possible entry point for the bacterial/microorganism?

Let me give you a few points to look at.
1) Personal hygiene - hand washing with soap (NO EXCUSES FOR NOT USING SOAP) Dry hands with clean tissue.
2) Lens hygiene - Rub (at least 30s each side) and rinse lenses with MPS before storing in lens case with new solution.
3) Lens case hygiene - Dry lens case after inserting lenses. Store DRY. DO NOT USE TAP WATER TO RINSE CASE. Always discard solution after taking lenses out of case. Replace solution in case if lenses unused for more than 2 days. Replace lens case with every bottle of solution
4) Solution hygiene - Replace bottle as stated on label. most solutions 1-3 months after opening (READ LABEL). If your solution lasts >1.5 months, i doubt you're doing the right thing.
5) TAP WATER on hands/lens/lens case/etc - ALL THE ABOVE SHOULD NOT INVOLVE TAP WATER

What hygiene are you talking about leh? Please share your above 5 points of hygiene for education purpose.
 

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
8,220
Reaction score
65
I have treated a few ulcer patients (of course not in Sinkie cos I'm only a glorified specs salesman in Sinkie). I always take this phrase from my ulcer patients with a pinch of salt.
Can you described your good hygiene so I can spot any possible entry point for the bacterial/microorganism?

Let me give you a few points to look at.
1) Personal hygiene - hand washing with soap (NO EXCUSES FOR NOT USING SOAP) Dry hands with clean tissue.
2) Lens hygiene - Rub (at least 30s each side) and rinse lenses with MPS before storing in lens case with new solution.
3) Lens case hygiene - Dry lens case after inserting lenses. Store DRY. DO NOT USE TAP WATER TO RINSE CASE. Always discard solution after taking lenses out of case. Replace solution in case if lenses unused for more than 2 days. Replace lens case with every bottle of solution
4) Solution hygiene - Replace bottle as stated on label. most solutions 1-3 months after opening (READ LABEL). If your solution lasts >1.5 months, i doubt you're doing the right thing.
5) TAP WATER on hands/lens/lens case/etc - ALL THE ABOVE SHOULD NOT INVOLVE TAP WATER

What hygiene are you talking about leh? Please share your above 5 points of hygiene for education purpose.

Good advises!
 

Niccccnicky

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Need help understanding my eye prescription to get toric lens

Hello, can somebody explain to me how to read my eye prescription (Degree, Axis angle)? And also, any good recommendationa for toric lens? Any help is appreciated! :)

R:S -2.75 C -1.75 A17
PD 29.5
L:S -1.25 C - 3.25 A5
PD 29.5
PD59.0
 

CoachPotato

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2017
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
Right: -2.75
Left: -1.25



Hello, can somebody explain to me how to read my eye prescription (Degree, Axis angle)? And also, any good recommendationa for toric lens? Any help is appreciated! :)

R:S -2.75 C -1.75 A17
PD 29.5
L:S -1.25 C - 3.25 A5
PD 29.5
PD59.0
 

CoachPotato

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2017
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
Go JB buy. Same acuvue moist, but cheap rate. :s12:

On average yall spend how much per month on contacts ah? Just ordered 2 boxes of one day acuvue moist for astig with the $30 discount so cost me $100 for 30 uses. Price sounds abit steep to me not sure if shld change to cheaper brand
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top