The Contact Lenses Thread

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,205
Reaction score
2,207
I have high astigmatism of ard 250 on one side.

what kind of daily contacts should I get?

both eye power are different also.
 

boopit

Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
411
Reaction score
1
Yes the prices are the same throughout all the stores. It's $64 per box for acuvue define if I'm not wrong.

If you happen to visit johor bahru, you should get contacts from the optometry shops in the shopping malls there. It's so much cheaper! I uses acuvue oasys, it cost $56 per box in SG, but in JB it's only RM100 which is like $32!

thank you!
unfortunately I have to get them in Singapore.
Maybe I will try online SG stores next time ;);)
 

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
Wah sian.. Seechic closed down liao.
Anyone knows where can buy contact lens at a cheaper price online?
 

ftpofmpo

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2014
Messages
8,431
Reaction score
1,082
I have high astigmatism of ard 250 on one side.

what kind of daily contacts should I get?

both eye power are different also.

If you have high astig and myopia, you might need to get monthly lens, try looking for those labels with xr toric and get them fitted. go abroad if needed.
 

hsiaowen

Junior Member
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Hi, for those who wear monthly contact lens with astig, how much do you pay per month? Thanks!

I have astig and used to wear Acuvue Moist daily disposable.
Now astig went up, and instead of going for bi-focal to correct for long-sightedness, optician reccommended to down level by 25, so now using Acuvue Oasys.
Spend about 100 a month on contacts ba, not sure, haven't calculated cos I usually buy in bulk about 6-month supply which gives bulk discount also.
 

hsiaowen

Junior Member
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
my regular shop sales person recently advised me to download the Acuvue app (called MyAcuvue on Apps Store). You can get $30 or $50 (can't remember) discount off your Acuvue lenses if you download the app. Quite a good deal, can shave off some costs.:s41:
 

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
4,891
Reaction score
181
Can even accumulate points to redeem for vouchers. But best to get at a place where you shop regularly as your point of purchase store is stored in the app. The first time welcome voucher is 30 dollars.😄

my regular shop sales person recently advised me to download the Acuvue app (called MyAcuvue on Apps Store). You can get $30 or $50 (can't remember) discount off your Acuvue lenses if you download the app. Quite a good deal, can shave off some costs.:s41:
 

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2009
Messages
7,355
Reaction score
1
What brand of contact len is good for 1st time users like me? Or just go for cheapest?

slight astigmatism <100 can wear daily or not?
 

kevinkoh1992

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
346
Reaction score
2
I was a first time user, walked into a spectacle shop near my house and asked for daily contacts. The owner just took my specs and measured it. He gave me a box of 1-day Acuvue 30 lens. As I had to wear it the next day for a performance, I just took it and went off.

The following day, I tried putting on the lenses, took me 30mins and wasted like 8 or 9 6 or 7 lenses. The lenses did not seem to fit well, with persistent air gaps no matter how I rolled my eyes. Back then I just thought that I did not know the proper way of putting on contacts. I didn't know that there was this much to wearing contacts, lens fitting and stuff.

Thus, I strongly advise first timers to go for a full fitting, even if starting with dailies.
 

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
4,891
Reaction score
181
That's really unethical. An eye health examination should be performed at the very least to Ensure no infection or no harm is on your cornea before even dispensing the lenses. Your curvature should also be measured to determine a better fit too. perhaps you should go for a refresher course too. You can request for it from the spectacle shop(charges might apply depending on the shop).
I understand it's for sales but still, a customer eye health should not be compromised this way.

I was a first time user, walked into a spectacle shop near my house and asked for daily contacts. The owner just took my specs and measured it. He gave me a box of 1-day Acuvue 30 lens. As I had to wear it the next day for a performance, I just took it and went off.

The following day, I tried putting on the lenses, took me 30mins and wasted like 8 or 9 6 or 7 lenses. The lenses did not seem to fit well, with persistent air gaps no matter how I rolled my eyes. Back then I just thought that I did not know the proper way of putting on contacts. I didn't know that there was this much to wearing contacts, lens fitting and stuff.

Thus, I strongly advise first timers to go for a full fitting, even if starting with dailies.
 

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
4,891
Reaction score
181
Daily lenses with astigmatism is available in the market. E.g acuvue moist with astig, pasts 1 day with astig, clariti dailies for astig, focus dailies toric. Many in the market, but go for a fitting first before deciding which lenses suits you.

What brand of contact len is good for 1st time users like me? Or just go for cheapest?

slight astigmatism <100 can wear daily or not?
 

Gintoki

Master Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
23
Hi guys, recently went for a fitting at my neighborhood spec shop, but was very terrible at it.
Took like 1hr to put the contacts in, another hr to try to remove them, was feeling damn paiseh, think the optometrist also :s22:

Just wondering is there any shop in sg that sells those remover tool for contacts. I saw it on youtube once, its like a very small tube that can remove the contacts by placing it on the contacts i think there's some form of suction on it? Anybody knows?
 

ftpofmpo

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2014
Messages
8,431
Reaction score
1,082
Hi guys, recently went for a fitting at my neighborhood spec shop, but was very terrible at it.
Took like 1hr to put the contacts in, another hr to try to remove them, was feeling damn paiseh, think the optometrist also :s22:

Just wondering is there any shop in sg that sells those remover tool for contacts. I saw it on youtube once, its like a very small tube that can remove the contacts by placing it on the contacts i think there's some form of suction on it? Anybody knows?

Those are mainly for hard lenses. keep your fingernails short and go onto the web to see some examples of how they put on contacts. normal for newbies to take a long time
 

Rated R Edge

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Messages
7,618
Reaction score
825
On average yall spend how much per month on contacts ah? Just ordered 2 boxes of one day acuvue moist for astig with the $30 discount so cost me $100 for 30 uses. Price sounds abit steep to me not sure if shld change to cheaper brand
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top