The Contact Lenses Thread

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
What brand / where can I get the most affordable monthly disposable lenses? I am not too particular about brands. My degree is around 600

hello kazuki

if you want to discuss prices, online/malaysia cheap but they dont provide comprehensive eye checks to ensure the lenses are suitable for your eyes.
rather get from a reputable shop whereby they do the health and cl fitting checks before buying the lens :)

anw which jeans u currently rocking now :s13: last i know was your samurai 710 hahah
 

sgreview

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
832
Reaction score
186
From my own personal experience, the Alcon Dailies Total One are difficult to remove.

Oh.. thanks for sharing.. I was still thinking of asking my optometrist this CL will be suitable for me.

Any users of Bausch & Lomb Biotrue ONEday? Is it as good as it advertise?
 

sgreview

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
832
Reaction score
186
Yes, you are right.
Colored lenses definitely not as comfortable as clear ones as there is pigments in the colored ones that make it less comfy.
you are also right to say the older generation is not so breathable. However, some people cant get used to newer materials, hence they stick with the older materials as it is more comfy. However, more comfy does not mean healthier for the eyes.

Silicon hydrogel provides the best oxygen content to the eye which is the most optimal. However, as mentioned earlier, some people cant get used to it. Their eyes will feel itchy and wont be as comfortable as compared to normal hydrogels which is the etafilcon A moist material.
Acuvue newest product which is the Oasys is silicon hydrogel. Alcon Dailies total one is also silicon hydrogel.
Would recommend Dailies total 1 if price is not a factor. Very comfy and have many good reviews from those who use it.

Hope this answers your question. :)

Haha.. now that someone feedback that Dailies total 1 is difficult to remove..

Any feedback on Biotrue™ ONEday Contact Lenses? Is it as good as it was advertise?
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
hello kazuki

if you want to discuss prices, online/malaysia cheap but they dont provide comprehensive eye checks to ensure the lenses are suitable for your eyes.
rather get from a reputable shop whereby they do the health and cl fitting checks before buying the lens :)

anw which jeans u currently rocking now :s13: last i know was your samurai 710 hahah

then i go back to queensway shopping to check out again. Luckily my eyes are too particular about brands. I vividly remember been getting around 13 pairs monthly disposable for around $140


*Off topic :p
I got too fat for S710XX, now its hanging around at home.:s13: Then bought a bkb710 at bigger size at tds, but i find it a little too loose for my liking. Now my regular wear is Oni Denim 622ZR, but its quite a stubborn slow fading nut...:s22:
 

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
Haha.. now that someone feedback that Dailies total 1 is difficult to remove..

Any feedback on Biotrue™ ONEday Contact Lenses? Is it as good as it was advertise?

difficulty really depends on individual. more seasoned wearers are ok to remove
 

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
then i go back to queensway shopping to check out again. Luckily my eyes are too particular about brands. I vividly remember been getting around 13 pairs monthly disposable for around $140


*Off topic :p
I got too fat for S710XX, now its hanging around at home.:s13: Then bought a bkb710 at bigger size at tds, but i find it a little too loose for my liking. Now my regular wear is Oni Denim 622ZR, but its quite a stubborn slow fading nut...:s22:

WA 13 PAIR monthly disposables at that price...
what lens is that man... damn bloody cheap

i no time for denim alr. last pair was a pair of sams cant rmb the model haha. all sitting in wardrobe rarely wear :( those days kinda over
now at most my leveis 501xx hahaha
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
WA 13 PAIR monthly disposables at that price...
what lens is that man... damn bloody cheap

i no time for denim alr. last pair was a pair of sams cant rmb the model haha. all sitting in wardrobe rarely wear :( those days kinda over
now at most my leveis 501xx hahaha

Biomedics 55 Evolution. Actually exact price i also cannot rem le, more than a year ago liao...


Ya lor, working only can wear on Friday dressdown and weekends. Sometimes too lazy just pull out Uniqlo those stretch jeans black color, no need to worry too casual. :p
 

primus87

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2018
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I have high degree of astigmatism - 500 for both eyes. I am looking for disposal contact lenses because I still prefer wearing spectacles on normal occasions. I approached serveral optical shops to ask for such kind of contact lens and all say don’t have such high degree one but there is when I searched on Google. Problem is, I don’t understand the specifications online and I prefer to get it from physical shops to Ensure I don’t get the wrong one.

Anyone knows where or how I could get such contact lenses? Even better if you could tell me the brands to look out for.

Thanks all!
 

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2000
Messages
57,014
Reaction score
11,600
if len degree is 500, what should be the contact lense degree? any increment or offset from len degree?
 

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
Hi all,

I have high degree of astigmatism - 500 for both eyes. I am looking for disposal contact lenses because I still prefer wearing spectacles on normal occasions. I approached serveral optical shops to ask for such kind of contact lens and all say don’t have such high degree one but there is when I searched on Google. Problem is, I don’t understand the specifications online and I prefer to get it from physical shops to Ensure I don’t get the wrong one.

Anyone knows where or how I could get such contact lenses? Even better if you could tell me the brands to look out for.

Thanks all!

Hi Primus, i also replied to your query on the LASIK thread.
for soft lenses, the best option probably would be flexcon. but for such high astigmatism, the lenses might not be that stable on the eye.
you will experience lots of movements and yes your spectacles of course will give you the best vision. I am sure the price you pay for your lenses is on the steeper side as well due to that.
as i replied on the other thread, gas permeable lenses might be an option if you dont wish to wear glasses for special occasions. either soft or hard. hard lenses not advisable for vigrous sports though, and note that the vision for soft lenses will not be optimum.
 

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
if len degree is 500, what should be the contact lense degree? any increment or offset from len degree?

if spectacle lens degree is -5.00, cl degree usually will be lesser.
again, no definitive answer. if there is , opticians/optometrists would be out of jobs. We have to get you to try and we have to use our professional judgement to determine which is better for you and which degree do you feel most comfortable in without compromising vision quality.

but if you need a number, -4.50 or so. :D
 

primus87

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2018
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Hi Primus, i also replied to your query on the LASIK thread.
for soft lenses, the best option probably would be flexcon. but for such high astigmatism, the lenses might not be that stable on the eye.
you will experience lots of movements and yes your spectacles of course will give you the best vision. I am sure the price you pay for your lenses is on the steeper side as well due to that.
as i replied on the other thread, gas permeable lenses might be an option if you dont wish to wear glasses for special occasions. either soft or hard. hard lenses not advisable for vigrous sports though, and note that the vision for soft lenses will not be optimum.

Thank you thank you. Hard lenses are those yearly kind right? My sis used hard lenses in the past and advices against it. I’m willing to sacrifice abit of vision for convenience on occasions since I wear glasses on a daily basis. Is flexcon readily available in normal shops here?
 

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
Thank you thank you. Hard lenses are those yearly kind right? My sis used hard lenses in the past and advices against it. I’m willing to sacrifice abit of vision for convenience on occasions since I wear glasses on a daily basis. Is flexcon readily available in normal shops here?

She must have had a bad experience with it to advice you against it... It is better in terms of oxygen content going into your eye and clarity of vision.
I would not say readily available but it can be custom ordered.
 

primus87

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2018
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
She must have had a bad experience with it to advice you against it... It is better in terms of oxygen content going into your eye and clarity of vision.
I would not say readily available but it can be custom ordered.

Yes. Cos she’s lazy and she said hard lenses very mafan. Hahahahaha.
Anywhere you know that can custom order? What kind of price am I looking at? I went to a few all tell me don’t have.
 

white_prince

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 14, 2012
Messages
26,869
Reaction score
6,666
Hi all,

I have high degree of astigmatism - 500 for both eyes. I am looking for disposal contact lenses because I still prefer wearing spectacles on normal occasions. I approached serveral optical shops to ask for such kind of contact lens and all say don’t have such high degree one but there is when I searched on Google. Problem is, I don’t understand the specifications online and I prefer to get it from physical shops to Ensure I don’t get the wrong one.

Anyone knows where or how I could get such contact lenses? Even better if you could tell me the brands to look out for.

Thanks all!

I had almost the same asti as you -525.
Had been going around to many optical shops to only find out that we’re left with flexcon.
So today, i went to titus eye care. They have monthly high asti soft silicon lens but comes with a price of $700 for 2 boxes of monthly usage for 6 months use excluding consultation fee of $80. My degree and Asti not possible to do Ortho-K too.
The monthly contact lens comes under Mark Ennvoy brand model saphir RX.
You can try if u wants.
 
Last edited:

MrRayded

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
174
Reaction score
14
Anyone knows if it's normal for optometrist to provide free trial of contact lens for first time wearers (inclusive of fitting) I wish to try contact lens but unsure if willing to commit.
 

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
Anyone knows if it's normal for optometrist to provide free trial of contact lens for first time wearers (inclusive of fitting) I wish to try contact lens but unsure if willing to commit.

Hi there. No free lunch in the world.
We take our time to understand your needs, explain the risks and teach you how to handle and wear the lenses.

Usually you buy the boxes, the fees will waived.
If not, you pay for consultation with few pairs of free trial but no boxes...
 

primus87

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2018
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
I had almost the same asti as you -525.
Had been going around to many optical shops to only find out that we’re left with flexcon.
So today, i went to titus eye care. They have monthly high asti soft silicon lens but comes with a price of $700 for 2 boxes of monthly usage for 6 months use excluding consultation fee of $80. My degree and Asti not possible to do Ortho-K too.
The monthly contact lens comes under Mark Ennvoy brand model saphir RX.
You can try if u wants.

Thanks for the recommendation!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top