The Contact Lenses Thread

Fatpat

Member
Joined
May 4, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
10
Do all optical shops stock various brands of daily contact lens? I haven't worn them since I trialed a pair many many many years ago. I prefer wearing specs but I'm thinking of wearing dailies for my occasional fishing trips or futsal sessions.

Any recommendation for an optometrist/optical shop? My degree and astigmatism I think quite high though. Not even sure if dailies come in those powers.
 

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
Do all optical shops stock various brands of daily contact lens? I haven't worn them since I trialed a pair many many many years ago. I prefer wearing specs but I'm thinking of wearing dailies for my occasional fishing trips or futsal sessions.

Any recommendation for an optometrist/optical shop? My degree and astigmatism I think quite high though. Not even sure if dailies come in those powers.

not all will stock a huge range
where is your location at?
 

silcosilva

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2007
Messages
13,363
Reaction score
6
Do all optical shops stock various brands of daily contact lens? I haven't worn them since I trialed a pair many many many years ago. I prefer wearing specs but I'm thinking of wearing dailies for my occasional fishing trips or futsal sessions.

Any recommendation for an optometrist/optical shop? My degree and astigmatism I think quite high though. Not even sure if dailies come in those powers.

I'm a daily contact lenses user, my eye power are currently between 900 to 1100 for both eyes, it fluctuates due to my medical condition... I suffer from astig in one eye, but for the time being I'm using normal off the shelves common easily found dailies... I've checked, some common brands do support power upwards of 1200 for the normal ones, those astig support ones varies... :)

Recently I went to get my eyes checked at Two Of A Kind (www.twooak.com), you'll have to sign up then book an appointment for consultation and after which you will be given samples to try and can also buy the lenses via subscription... Do note that their lenses maxes out at power of 1000 only... :s12:

Actually, I do sleep in my contact lenses occasionally to see how they behave when my eyes shut for some period of time as I do have history of fainting, and I wouldn't want the lenses to roll back if a relapse occur... To combat any chances of my eyes drying out, I use an Optrex branded rehydrating eye drops daily before, during and after removing my contact lenses, it's safe to use with contact lenses to prevent the eyes from drying out... I won't recommend people who can forget they have contact lenses on from doing this as it may result in an eye infection if no hydration is done promptly...
 

Medeline

Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2019
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
Contact lenses is a class 2 medical device in SG. People should avoid buying it online without any prescriptions. :)
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,133
Reaction score
402
got any place or lobang to buy 1 pair of disposable contact lens?

I just need 1 day use
 

ct_318

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2018
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Hi all, wondering if there are coloured astig lenses sold locally? My degree for astig is around 300. Saw online that there are coloured astig lenses now but would like to get it from local stores.
 

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
Hi all, wondering if there are coloured astig lenses sold locally? My degree for astig is around 300. Saw online that there are coloured astig lenses now but would like to get it from local stores.

yes there are! unfortunately i am not too sure which stores stock them so might just have to try your luck. these are usually not the reputable brands in the market hence lesser stores carry them.
 

blurpandasg2014

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2014
Messages
2,677
Reaction score
415
Paid 250 for 2mths supply of daily disposible for degree+astig and consultation. Is the price ok? Brand bausch and lomb
 
Last edited:

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
Paid 250 for 2mths supply of daily disposible for degree+astig and consultation. Is the price ok? Brand bausch and lomb

yup. RRP for the 4 boxes would be $220.
consultation fees differ across shops and if you felt that their service is good, then it is a reasonable amount to pay in my opinion :)
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Check with you all. For daily disposable contact lenses what is the best price I can get in physical store in Singapore? Degree is around 600 each side, astig low so can ignore. Thanks

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
 

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
Check with you all. For daily disposable contact lenses what is the best price I can get in physical store in Singapore? Degree is around 600 each side, astig low so can ignore. Thanks

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Hi bro, different stores might carry different brands. The price for those not so reputable brands i am not sure but for those reputable ones the price quite fixed i.e follow Retail price. Might have to go down and check with the store you usually go to. Price wise sometimes shops also anyhow one .. haha my store follows RRP so cant help you much on the cheaper options.
Side note: do go for regular check ups for your eyes as well since you wear contact lenses.
 

blurpandasg2014

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2014
Messages
2,677
Reaction score
415
I just got fitted for my contacts but the vision is very blur .

So went back to the shop today and they did a test...for the vision test, i was able to read the alphabets on the screen but i was not able to read words at arms distant. The person shaved 100degrees off my lens and i was able to see nearby

Isit a normal phenomenon for contact wearers to not be able to see near?
 

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
I just got fitted for my contacts but the vision is very blur .

So went back to the shop today and they did a test...for the vision test, i was able to read the alphabets on the screen but i was not able to read words at arms distant. The person shaved 100degrees off my lens and i was able to see nearby

Isit a normal phenomenon for contact wearers to not be able to see near?

It depends on your age.
Usually people with early presbyopia or lao hua will feel so.
also many factors to consider. i.e degree prescribed.
make sure the person dispensing your contact lens is an optometrist.
 

blurpandasg2014

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2014
Messages
2,677
Reaction score
415
It depends on your age.
Usually people with early presbyopia or lao hua will feel so.
also many factors to consider. i.e degree prescribed.
make sure the person dispensing your contact lens is an optometrist.

Im only 30 this Yr so it's quite impossible that it's due to Lao hua. No issue when wearing specs... Only with the contact lens that was prescribed

No idea if the person testing my eyes is a certified optometrists

My degree she tested was

Right eye : 525 degree, astig 1.75 (axis 160)
Left eye: 375degree, astig 1.75 (axis 160)

She did not reduce the contact lens degree. Its based on the power she tested using the specs
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top