The Contact Lenses Thread

warhunter

Reaction score
hirocon need book appointment?
since i already bought 1 year supply from spec shop
i guess i will just pay the examination to seek hircon's consultation and advice on which lense i should swap back

Lol hironcon I heard no business. If they take only appointment I think they die la. No business cos Singaporeans got cheaper better faster mindset. Tsk

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
hirocon need book appointment?
since i already bought 1 year supply from spec shop
i guess i will just pay the examination to seek hircon's consultation and advice on which lense i should swap back

no mention of book appt on their web, anw i jus walk in :s13:
https://www.facebook.com/hirocongateway/
I gt to know them via https://www.passp.asia/hirocon

they hv the option to swap sealed boxes of lens if ur degree changed, but tt's for lens bought from them i think.

best is just call/visit them n ask.

beary2teddy

Reaction score
Anyone tried before seed biweekly lenses? Currently using acuvue oasys

How do they compare with each other?

warhunter

Reaction score
Anyone tried before seed biweekly lenses? Currently using acuvue oasys

How do they compare with each other?
Contact lenses are not about trying. Its what is prescribe to you. You don't try lenses to know if its good or not. A contact lens fitting tells the optometrist if its good or not.

Like I always say. The most comfortable lens may just indicate that it is too tight and can give problems in the future. You can only tell when someone looks at the lenses on your eye with the microscope.

beary2teddy

Reaction score
Contact lenses are not about trying. Its what is prescribe to you. You don't try lenses to know if its good or not. A contact lens fitting tells the optometrist if its good or not.

Like I always say. The most comfortable lens may just indicate that it is too tight and can give problems in the future. You can only tell when someone looks at the lenses on your eye with the microscope.

I've never done any fitting. I just want to know how the 2 brands compare with each other

warhunter

Reaction score
Anyone else other than this person?

That's the truth.direct comparison can only be made to their marketed features of which both are similar. If you compare the marketed feature, they will all tell you about high oxygen flow. That will not be proven without a fitting and aftercare. Some people react well to lenses with low oxygen flow. Some people don't

But if you go into the science of it. Seed is using hydrogel which does not allow high oxygen flow for long hours wear.

Last edited:

xiasuaykia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried ezcontactlens.com before?
Received their flyers in school today and their prices look cheap but dont know trustable anot.

warhunter

Reaction score
Received their flyers in school today and their prices look cheap but dont know trustable anot.

Get a proper fitting done with an optometrist. Buying online is not the way to go. You take your own risk with improperly fitted contact lenses.

__Neo__

Reaction score

I've been using them for months liao because of their prices.
Sometimes delivery delay abit, got once wait until 10+ days. But overall ok la since I just wanna save money and can afford to wait.
Just that I never share openly because warhunter here keeps going on and on about 'buying online is not the way to go' :s22:

warhunter

Reaction score
I've been using them for months liao because of their prices.
Sometimes delivery delay abit, got once wait until 10+ days. But overall ok la since I just wanna save money and can afford to wait.
Just that I never share openly because warhunter here keeps going on and on about 'buying online is not the way to go' :s22:

because singaporeans are just singaporeans. they never listen

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Addressing reports made on online contact lens sales.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...-for-ensuring-safe-use-of-contact-lenses.html

The company in question is not a Singapore run company and thus I do not think they are breaking any laws. I'm pretty sure some would travel overseas to make contact lens purchases as well. It boils down to consumer awareness "Caveat Emptor", you are responsible for your own eyes, the necessary warnings have been given. For your safety it maybe advisable for you to not use contacts that are imported or bought online as they may not have gone through the safety checks by HSA.

Referrals (with monetary or in kind benefits) will be dealt with.

warhunter

Reaction score
Addressing reports made on online contact lens sales.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...-for-ensuring-safe-use-of-contact-lenses.html

The company in question is not a Singapore run company and thus I do not think they are breaking any laws. I'm pretty sure some would travel overseas to make contact lens purchases as well. It boils down to consumer awareness "Caveat Emptor", you are responsible for your own eyes, the necessary warnings have been given. For your safety it maybe advisable for you to not use contacts that are imported or bought online as they may not have gone through the safety checks by HSA.

Referrals (with monetary or in kind benefits) will be dealt with.

They are breaking the laws. but our laws have no jurisdiction over them. Therefore you are right, the onus is on the patients purchasing these lenses. However, you are only citing one of the articles. There are many laws restricting the sale of contact lenses. 1. Medical devices act 2. Optometrist and opticians act. If you refer to the 2nd one, the act of selling online is also an offence (overseas website or not).

problematic overseas purchase are usually the surrounding asian countries which do not have proper laws regarding contact lenses. western countries have strict laws regarding the sale of contact lenses and a valid prescription has to be produced in order for lenses to be dispensed. That is why singaporeans travelling abroad for contact lens purchases should be cautious when purchasing lenses without a proper fitting done. There are no laws to protect u as a consumer or patient if you do so.

Last edited:

narkizy

Reaction score
Quick question to all the frequent contact lense wearers here..... I've been tryin to wear contacts for the past month but it seems that my eyes just arent used to it.

I always wear them on with eye drops and then a second round of eyedrops to make sure they go on my eyes with enough moisture. Also, they feel fine for around two-three hours, then they just lose all moisture and rub on my corneas nonstop =/

1)They go DAMN bone-dry within a mere 5 hours, sometimes less if i'm in an aircon room, even despite me spamming eyedrops

2)They become GLUED to my eyes after half a day and taking them off feels as if i'm ripping my eyes out along with them

Is it just my eyes that cant get used to contacts and cant water properly as a result of them being in my eyes so the lenses go dry almost instantly?

Any reccomendations on how i should be wearing them differently?

Cuz i'm terrified that at the rate i wear my lenses(aka bone-dry discs of terror) i'm gonna harm my eyes

Last edited:

warhunter

Reaction score
Quick question to all the frequent contact lense wearers here..... I've been tryin to wear contacts for the past month but it seems that my eyes just arent used to it.

I always wear them on with eye drops and then a second round of eyedrops to make sure they go on my eyes with enough moisture. Also, they feel fine for around two-three hours, then they just lose all moisture and rub on my corneas nonstop =/Either the lenses are too tight, or you have a condition that affects one of the following. Eyelids, Tear layer, cornea surface, blinking. get someone to look at it for you if you have never done a fitting.

1)They go DAMN bone-dry within a mere 5 hours, sometimes less if i'm in an aircon room, even despite me spamming eyedrops Proclear lenses are FDA approved for dry eye CL wearers, ask you optometrist to try this for you

2)They become GLUED to my eyes after half a day and taking them off feels as if i'm ripping my eyes out along with them if the lenses get stuck, dont force it out. put in some eye drops (for contact lenses) blink till it loosens up then remove it

Is it just my eyes that cant get used to contacts and cant water properly as a result of them being in my eyes so the lenses go dry almost instantly? The lenses may not be suitable for you. Or you have an underlying condition of the above mentioned that was not addressed before you started contact lens wear

Any reccomendations on how i should be wearing them differently? Get someone to look at it before you continue to use the lenses or you will just do damage to your ocular surface in the long run.

Cuz i'm terrified that at the rate i wear my lenses(aka bone-dry discs of terror) i'm gonna harm my eyes

Please read my replies. Answered u questions in red.

LASTLY, You don't get used to contact lenses. contact lenses must be prescribed to suit you. Getting used to discomfort is a myth. you are getting used to a piece of plastic on your eye. Discomfort is not what you get used to. Its your body giving u feedback to whats happening

Last edited:

warhunter

Reaction score
Any eye drops recommendation for dryness?

That depends on what the dryness is caused by. Dryness can be caused by a eye lid condition, tear layer dysfunction, contact lens drying out, etc. And the drops that is suitable will be different.

But if you are asking about eye drops suitable for contact lenses, that will be unit dose eye drops. But that does not mean it will solve your dryness because you don't know the cause.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.