The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

Prinsloo

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2015
Messages
2,481
Reaction score
791
Hmm not sure got to do with the update. Cant download apps,update or search for apps on play store.
 

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
61,771
Reaction score
3,591
my note8 the LCD suddenly change colour
i think screen burn

was playing some game haha
 
Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
61,771
Reaction score
3,591
Change colour doesn't sound like screen burn? Looks like some pixels failed so only some colours are not displayed?
i guess so?? i need to set the contrast high.. if not i see line and some shadow...

not my pic but i see something sometime.

gone case liao.. sian.. i use this phone for 4yr
D03iqAUXQAEuskR
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,329
Reaction score
293
i guess so?? i need to set the contrast high.. if not i see line and some shadow...

not my pic but i see something sometime.

gone case liao.. sian.. i use this phone for 4yr
D03iqAUXQAEuskR
Oh... that's burn in alright!!! Not colour change but this is a ghost image... an imprint of an image that you display statically for extended period leading to a 'ghost'... last time I sold my Note 4 with something similar on the lower half of the screen (a ghost image of the T9 keyboard I use), I lost $100 in value... but if it doesn't affect you just carry on using lor... at normal brightness and contrast, surely can't see much one lar... my current Note8 must have some burn in also lar... but don't care lor... still can use mah... still reponsive, still fast, doesn't hang... love it still...
 

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
61,771
Reaction score
3,591
Oh... that's burn in alright!!! Not colour change but this is a ghost image... an imprint of an image that you display statically for extended period leading to a 'ghost'... last time I sold my Note 4 with something similar on the lower half of the screen (a ghost image of the T9 keyboard I use), I lost $100 in value... but if it doesn't affect you just carry on using lor... at normal brightness and contrast, surely can't see much one lar... my current Note8 must have some burn in also lar... but don't care lor... still can use mah... still reponsive, still fast, doesn't hang... love it still...
i dont see long time extended period leading to a 'ghost' ba.. somemore i set to auto adjust.
i guess this is LCD problem.. although the phone is old but the LCD still ex so abit bo hua to change
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,329
Reaction score
293
i dont see long time extended period leading to a 'ghost' ba.. somemore i set to auto adjust.
i guess this is LCD problem.. although the phone is old but the LCD still ex so abit bo hua to change
It's a OLED problem... LCD won't have burn in... I only know about it when I sold my Note 4...
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,329
Reaction score
293
Any reliable shop to change battery?
I changed mine at some mobile phone repair shop on third floor of SLS facing the escalator... $40 for non-original battery... but I don't like their attitude... battery is ok... I am still using the phone for work... lasts whole day for use case...

I recommend iRepair or GWS... GWS at SLS 6th floor... reasonable and friendly... I paid $60 to replace Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" tablet battery... still good... replaced on Jan 2019... iRepair probably more pricey, but more reliable... fred diagnosis before repair... I use them the most... just a bit inconvenient jie location...
 

super365

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
4,012
Reaction score
35
I am scared that after update something will not work correctly or maybe phone become faulty unable to work correctly.
After update if phone will not work correctly or become faulty, is there a way to undo update?
How do you all backup before update?
 

hpv500

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2001
Messages
12,239
Reaction score
116
I am scared that after update something will not work correctly or maybe phone become faulty unable to work correctly.
After update if phone will not work correctly or become faulty, is there a way to undo update?
How do you all backup before update?

i nv backup one, cos i have another phone (Huawei), so i juz update only....so far so gd...no issues after updating May patch
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top