The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybernick

Reaction score
Selling Minoxidil 5%

Selling Minoxidil 5%.
3 Bottles for $50 (60ml each). Expiry August 2014.
Interested please PM me with your contact number.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how is your haircut?

I just had a haircut by Shua from La Coco, previously from Toni & Guy Hairdressing. She is the creative director over there with more than 10 years of experience in the industry but currently working on a part time basis (Thurs, Fri and Sat only). Despite being a Korean, she is able to communicate in English pretty well as she stayed in Singapore for quite sometimes already.

She first ask me if I have any preferred hairstyles then she will comment if the chosen hairstyle is suitable for me. Meanwhile, she "studied" my hair and was able to spot on all my hair problems correctly. Next, she explained to me in details how she is going to cut my hair. In addition, she also suggested an alternate hairstyle for me to choose which is quite new (at least for me) as normally the hairstylists will just cut/modify 1 hairstyle for me.

She also advised on how to take care of my hair and recommended what type of products should go but NO HARD SELLING. She is quite cheerful, friendly, chatty and most important knowledgeable and PROFESSIONAL.

Overall, I am quite pleased and comfortable with the haircut even though it may not be the best as I chose the hairstyle which is easier to maintain.

crystina

Reaction score
Hair

Hair is most important for fashion it will gives another look in fashionable world look different other one. so make good hairstyle and look different.

bluecarrot

Reaction score
I just had a haircut by Shua from La Coco, previously from Toni & Guy Hairdressing. She is the creative director over there with more than 10 years of experience in the industry but currently working on a part time basis (Thurs, Fri and Sat only). Despite being a Korean, she is able to communicate in English pretty well as she stayed in Singapore for quite sometimes already.

She first ask me if I have any preferred hairstyles then she will comment if the chosen hairstyle is suitable for me. Meanwhile, she "studied" my hair and was able to spot on all my hair problems correctly. Next, she explained to me in details how she is going to cut my hair. In addition, she also suggested an alternate hairstyle for me to choose which is quite new (at least for me) as normally the hairstylists will just cut/modify 1 hairstyle for me.

She also advised on how to take care of my hair and recommended what type of products should go but NO HARD SELLING. She is quite cheerful, friendly, chatty and most important knowledgeable and PROFESSIONAL.

Overall, I am quite pleased and comfortable with the haircut even though it may not be the best as I chose the hairstyle which is easier to maintain.

Thks for sharing your experience. I had similar pleasant experience as well. Very knowledgeable and professional indeed. Can feel her sincerity unlike many who are $ales oriented.

Gonna book my next appt with her soon.

Thank for sharing the info. Didnt know she was from Toni & Guy. Will chat with her more next visit. :)

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thks for sharing your experience. I had similar pleasant experience as well. Very knowledgeable and professional indeed. Can feel her sincerity unlike many who are $ales oriented.

Gonna book my next appt with her soon.

Thank for sharing the info. Didnt know she was from Toni & Guy. Will chat with her more next visit. :)

I should thank you for sharing instead.

So fast going for another appointment?

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody using Gatsby wax here? How do you all normally style your hair? Was asking because I dont have any ideas how to style my hair.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw, do you tip your stylist? be it due to job well done(for those 1st visit) or loyalty.

franklhy

Master Member
Reaction score
How much is for baby's haircut ? Is she "daring" to try out on new hairstyle ? i wanted to have haircut same as yours ( sleek back hair cut issit? ), but got high forehead lol ...

She charges $28. Yes I believe she is daring to try out new hairstyles. If you're not sure of exactly what to cut, just make a trip down and she will be able to suggest styles for you. I knew I wanted the slickback style but wasn't sure how to go about cutting it. But she was able to access the situation properly i.e. recommend if it suits me, tell me which parts she's gonna leave long, which parts she's gonna leave short, etc etc.

but your hair seems like using gel or pomade? abit wet wet finish..:)

Hmm I use the one that I pasted leh. Erratic molding clay. Maybe it's cos of the spray that I use so it looks wet? Or just the light shining on my hair lol.

Last edited:

franklhy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all after having to have a slickback hairstyle for a while already, like the one below, I noticed I have to use quite a lot of hair wax/clay to style my hair, to push all the hair back. Right now I'm using Erratic molding clay, combined with the Goldwell style fix hairspray, plus hairdryer.

Does anyone know of cheap particular waxes/clays combined with sprays that I'll be able to use so I won't be wasting quite a lot of money? Lol. Cos Erratic is a little costly for me. I'm starting to use Gatsby Ultra Hard Type wax already. One bottle of Gatsby is around $8.

slicked-back-haircut.jpg

siandiaola

Reaction score

how much did it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.