The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reviews that I have done so far. Don't mind my engrish!
gaoxing84 said:
REVIEW OF THE GOLD DIGGER!

Just received the Gold Digger By Vilain. took them less than 2 weeks to deliver from Denmark. Thumbs up!
Design of the container i guess they got the idea from Sebastian craft clay.

First Smell impression - hardly any smell, hmm can't make up what smell it is but its definitely not smelly. very mild smell (maybe butter not definitely not shea butter)

First impression, the texture of the product looks like HdF sponge wax but once you dig it out, it will feel like the Sebastian craft clay. Very thick and very heavy clay feel. This is kinda different from the usual HdF product i used. It's so strong (stronger than Sebastian Craft Clay) that you need a little strength to emusify the product in your hands, got to rub till it's a little warm before applying. This product dries up really fast so once it's in your hands, must quickly apply into your hair. It's so darn strong till you need a little strength to power it thru your hair. Shaping and styling of hair is as easy as the videos we watch on Slikhaar Tv, they didn't oversell their product. Totally matte look. You can have the sleek matte look, beach style or even wild hair do, this product will certainly hold it. Very dry product, comparable to Uevo Grey and Nigelle Bold Make Clay (maybe even drier).

One of the strongest product i have ever used (even stronger than the old Sebastian Xtah Clay)

From what i read, maybe having a few tiny drops of water will work the product better and will help give you some time to style before it dries up. I still prefer to have no water though.

so far from 7am till now, my hair hasn't really flopped, even my long fringe sticks to the side and my sides that are shaved, grew out is still pressed down in place.

Will update if it's easy to wash off using normal shampoo.

*buyer beware - this is damn strong clay. Not suitable for people with really fine hair, other than that, i would recommend people to dry, it's quite cheap, 26 bucks after shipping.

gaoxing84 said:
Alright guys, about time for a simple review of much anticipated Silverfox by Vilain from our favourite twin brothers from Slikhaar Studio Denmark (PS, I am not Slikhaar Studio Singapore, I have zero knowledge or skills in cutting hair. =p). Will be doing a direct comparison to the Gold Digger!
Orders for these will start on 6th Dec 2013!

Anyway, here goes...

I received a small sample from Slikhaar a few weeks ago. Rasmus told me that its a 95% finished product sample, only the scent hasn't been decided yet. But the main properties are all locked in.

First impression, the wax is in a cool silver color, much like harden liquid silver. Smells wise, can't comment much because no addition scent has been added but as of now, let's just say that its kinda manly and musky, a little similar to gold digger but i feel the silverfox as of now smells better.
Texture wise, a little harder to dig out compared to gold digger. Feels stronger if you rub it and spreading on your palms.
As usual, once you rub it and heat it up a little, application is fairly easy, idiot proof just like how the gold digger is.

Did a few test and different concotion with addition of HdF Quicksand and Powerpoint hairspray. Sea salt is definitely a must.

This product is said to be high hold (as good as gold digger) and comes with medium shine (gold digger is matte but we all know it comes with a very slight natural shine due to our natural-produced oil. lol sounds wrong)
Products used in a order from Left to Right

First day - SSS and Silverfox
When I apply, Easy as hell, less dry compared to Gold digger and i can see instant shine on my hair after styling. As usual, drying process is fast and locked in quickly. The hold is all good just as promised by Rasmus to be as awesome as the gold digger. Strong wind in opp direction can't stop me from looking the same, but if it does, a simple raking or touching up, the hair is back to the original style.

But warning, do not use alot of silverfox when styling, your hair tends to look alittle to wet and heavy. Always start off small and add if neccesarry.
Thumb of rule - Use a little amount to start of as a base and finish up with alittle more.

Second Day - SSS, Quicksand And Silverfox.
A trick to lower the shine of the silverfox is to use with HdF Quicksand. Quicksand is known for it's matte properties, so after using SSS, use a small amount of Quicksand as a base and finish off with Silverfox, as matte as you want it. On days you need to be looking sharp, go with shine. Feeling a little grunchy, add quicksand.

Third Day - SSS, Silverfox and finish with Powerpoint Hair Spray
This combi is darn awesome if you want awesome natural shine with additional holding power. Nothing much to say except for the almost 12 hours hold with awesome looking shine

Fourth Day - SSS, Quicksand, Silverfox and Powerpoint Hair Spray.
This is the ultimate combi of matte looking style. Nuff said! i clocked in almost 20 hours on this from morning till midnight. Imagine that!

Final words.
Gold Digger and Silverfox has similar extreme hold i would say with one having matte natural looking finish and the other comes with medium shine (but having the trick i found, you can have the matte look)
It boils down to what you're looking for but i am sure these products will definitely surprise and impress you as much as i do when i am using them for the first time!

gaoxing84 said:
Nigelle Bold Make Clay
a review of Nigelle Bold Make Clay from me. (sample given by our LeeJHong, thanks bro for all the samples, i haven't got chance to use the lolane gel yet. also sorry for the late review cause got assignment to do. haha)

My routine quite standard for all la. The same old side quiff.
First impression of the Nigelle Bold Make Clay - the smell damn awesome, one of the best smelling clay i have ever use, it's like netzach love to shea butter smell.
The texture of the product itself, weirdly, first ever soft-wet clay i have used (used to have sebastian x-tah clay and craft clay, hard as rock). Just a small amount, prolly a 1 cent coin or lesser will do. Easily spreadable in your palms.
Before i apply the clay, standard routine of OS Fashion Sea salt spray and blow dry into shape.

Once i brush and rake my hair with the clay, immediately i see the shape and the soft-wet texture of the clay instantaneously became matte and dry, very similar to UEVO Grey but the drying process for Nigelle is way faster. No sign of shine at all! Application is fairly easy, hair easily re-mouldable thru out the long day.

Eventually as the day goes by, you will not feel the dry-ness and hardness of what UEVO grey gives, the Nigelle clay will turn soft and natural and yet pilable and still holding on to your hair. This is a hit and miss for different people. Some people prefer to have dry-ness in the hair as this dry-ness gives them the perception of strong hold but too me, natural and soft can be good (if there's no wind) at least i know my hair is not damaged due to dry-ness.

But try not use too much, i try using quite a bit at one time and it became really heavy and my hair tends to flop after some time. This clay is so strong that just a little goes a long way. Also when using this clay, don't rake your hair so hard as well, the clay is damn strong that too much strength in raking your hair, you might just yank some strands out.

This is quite a awesome product from Japan, brought in by our bro LeeJHong, i recommend to people who wants strong hold, soft touching and natural look thru out the day.
Best pair with Sea-Salt spray or even with quicksand even though I have never try it before.
This clay is best for people who are going for the british indie cut look or Japanese manga guy's look (the kind with long fringe).

gaoxing84 said:
Doing a review for 3 products samples i bought it off at Hairyportal. (All products are available at Hairyportal website, they have brought in Hanz de Fuko lately). If i am not wrong, they are going for 27SGD per tub for Hanz de Fuko.
(All products was used after I blow dry my hair into a side quiff/pompadour shape with sea-salt spray)
*Sorry for my broken english and wall of text lol*

1) Imperial Barber Classic Pomade
2) Imperial Barber Matte Pomade Paste
3) Hanz de Fuko Quicksand

They come in small containers like this. Not a lot but could probably last me a few applications for each product.
I guess the first one to finish will be the classic pomade.
Let's start this review off with the Imperial Barber Classic Pomade. (Also the first product that i tried after receiving them)
This is the very first time i actually try using water-based pomade after hearing raving reviews of what Imperial Barber pomades can do. The strong hold, the slight shine and also water re-activable. Didn't want to use gel because it tends to harden the hair, making it look un-natural.
After reading online on how to use pomade, it's best use on slight wet or dry hair depending on the amount of hold and look you're going for, i chose the latter.
The product itself gives out a fruity scent/smell and i quite liked it.
As the bottle opening is kinda small, i took some time digging out the product, probably a 5 cent coin amount, the texture of the product is quite tough but surprisingly easy to spread evenly into my palms and also very easy to apply. First impression, it gives my hair a slight shine and doesn't harden like how gel does. 2 mistakes that i have realized after using this product.
First mistake, it will better if I were to use a comb to rake my hair to the side towards the back, it will look neater, sharper, easier to apply. But I am going for the disconnected side quiff look so i used my hand instead. Would recommend to use it with a comb.
Second mistake, after applying, it will look rather wet. I would recommend to blow dry again. This will allow the pomade to set in place, if not your hair will flop due to the heavy texture of the product.
The hold is strong, keeping my hair in place the entire day. If my hair flops, All i need to do is wet my hands and rake my hair to the side again to re-activate the pomade.
Would recommend this product to people who are going for the sleek side or back comb. You will definitely look a lot sharper and neat. Good for everyday working attire or formal events.

2nd product i used is the raving Hanz de Fuko Quicksand.
Decided to use it on a Friday because I will be heading to party after work and I need my quiff to stay in place from morning till after dark.
First impression, smells weird, kinda different from the regular Hanz de Fuko product that I own (Sponge wax and scheme cream). Used cooking oil smell as what someone has described a few pages back.
Dig some out, same thing 5 cent coin amount. After rubbing it into my palms, the product turned from dry to oily but the moment I apply onto my hair, it felt like really fine sand going thru the strands of my hair. Application is really easy and it stays. First look, really really matte looking but at the same time doesn't feel as dry as compared to the Sponge Wax and Uevo Grey. As what the product promised, i get GREAT volume out of the product (imagine with sea salt spray, the amount of volume and texture is Wow!).
Did a slight spray of osis freeze 3 cause this hairdo gotta last me till the night. Hold was awesome, even with strong winds that day, all i need to do again is to rake my hair backwards and it's all done. It does last me till 3am in the morning, with sweat from all the walking and queuing.
Would recommend this to people with fine hair or hell, even with thick hair! No complains on the product except for the smell, maybe it's the special ingredient inside the product (Diatomaceous Earth) that gave out the weird smell.

Last product, the Imperial Barber Matte Pomade Paste. Used it on a Saturday night out for dinner and movie.
First impression, smells like bubblegum, soft to touch and got a very "pasty" feeling. Same thing as the 2 other products, easy to spread in my palms (I guess this is the norm for professional products) and application to my hair is easy as well. It feels like a combination of quicksand + scheme cream. Doesn't feel dry after raking it thru my hair, my quiff was almost instant and I finished it off with a osis hair spray. It gives great texture and to my surprise (this product wasn't in my must-try list) it gave me the look closest to what I am looking for (Picture below). However the downside, the hold isn't that strong though but the osis spray complements it(Don't use too much spray though, tend to give out shine and hardening your hair). The website states it's water re-activable but i wouldn't want to spoil the matte look with water.
Hard to compare this to the quicksand because both are quite similar product. Good for people with thin hair because it gives a strong texture + volume. I really can't decide which is better. Both are really good and interesting product.

A short week got me to test all 3 great products, now i am in a dilemma on which product I should keep and stay with them.
or probably buy all and use whichever i am feeling right with in the morning.

*hoping to stay with sponge wax, quicksand, classic and matte pomade paste at the moment. I got like 7-8 products with me right now. LOL

gaoxing84 said:
Scheme Cream
This is the first HDF product i got it via amazon because i can't seem to find it in Singapore at that point of time. How i knew about the scheme cream is via a youtube channel while i was looking on how to style a quiff. Came across the slikharr youtube channel and a combination of sea salt spray and scheme cream is being used to style a mens quiff.
As stated on the HDF website, it can be used as a leave on conditioner or as styling product. The product itself is soft and kinda smells like butter. Best to use it on dry hair. It actually makes your hair feel soft and smooth thru out the day, very natural looking with a little shine, it's like nothing is being used to style your hair. I used it with sea salt spray and usually used to style the slick side comb for work. It remains pliable thru out the day. The hold wise its so-so only. When the wind blows against your hair style direction, your hair might flop but all you need to do is run your fingers thru your hair, the style is back up again. I recommend to use it for natural looking side or back comb, not really for wild or spikey hair style. As for quiff, you must either have really good hair genetics like the Caucasians does or you're in a less humid country.
Do not use hairspray after using this product because it doesn't complement each other due to the product nature of a hairspray tends to "harden" your hair.

Sponge Wax
Best selling product of the HDF range. I decide to try this product because the description states that this gives a matt and high holding strength, perfect for styling a quiff that i always wanted to have. Got it off a local webstore. The same thing, i paired it with sea salt spray. First impression, same smell as the scheme cream, alittle putty texture but after rubbing the product into your hands, it spreads evenly and really easy to apply. My first successful quiff was born. It gives our asian hair a really good texture, makes your hair looks thick and nice. The holding strength of this product is awesome, way stronger than the scheme cream but at the same time remains pliable thru out the day. My quiff lasted me the entire day from Morning 9am till the wee hours like 4am (went clubbing after work). If comparing with Uevo grey wax, it's way less dry. It also gives your hair a soft touch without comprising the holding strength. I would recommend this product if you're looking to style a quiff or basically any other hairstyle, this is a very versatile product. To complement this product, best to use sea salt spray before styling and maybe some light hairspray after styling if you want even stronger holding strength.

gaoxing84 said:
OS FASHION SEA SALT SPRAY
A simple review on the OS fashion sea salt spray which i got it ytd from the pretty jerk by leejhong.
I used it on towel dried hair and blow dry. Initial impression "wow!". I finally can have some volume in my hair. The spray dries fast enough and leaves a nice smell (not totally girl kind, doesn't make you feel like a girl). The hold is quite good, as you blow into shape, it stays and easily controllable and looking textured. Perfect for people looking to make a quiff which is quite popular nowadays. Think justin bieber and David beckham.

Also, I was given a tester wax from germany because he knows that I do comb back and side comb for work after I stated here in the thread. That's customer service right there!

It's call the silyorn Hair matter. So far I can't comment on the hold but it's pretty controllable. Gives a shine but not oily like. Perfect for slick formal hair style for work.

I think a alternative good pair to the sea salt spray would be the hanz de fuko scheme cream and sponge wax. Can try their new product quicksand if you want to go for a totally matte look.

So far I am very statisfied with the product from the pretty jerk and leejhong has been very helpful towards my queries. Keeps my order on track with SMS reminders. Keep up the good work leejhong, will definitely recommend to all my friends who are looking for such products.

This is a personal review from a statisfied customer and I am not affiliated in any way to theprettyjerk.

gaoxing84 said:
Lolane Gel Gum

I was given a sample of this product to try from Junhong. Finally got the chance to use.
First impression, smell! not shea butter but it smells damn good. not fruity or buttery. The smell stays in between masculine and feminine and I love the smell.
It's a wet-based gel that supposed to give High Hold and High Shine (as usual from all gel products).
The same old method of styling, sea salt spray, blow dry into shape and here we go.
Dap a little product into my hands and spread it evenly, surprisingly, as a wet-based gel, it dries up fairly quickly when i rake it into my hair. Even though it dries up quickly, the shine and hold is almost instantaneous. But one point to note is that you need to keep dapping the product for a little more to style because of the drying speed. Application is simple and straight forward.
Hold is there. Finish like what gels is supposed to do. BUT! it doesn't have the super hard look like what old-school gels give. No separation of hair like "blades" (you know what i mean if you ever use gel during primary school or secondary school). It's more like a wax and gel combination. Keeping it all natural looking yet with hold. Quite a interesting product.

Good for people who are looking for alternatives to water-based pomades for slick back or side-slick comb.

It's still holding my hair without fraying of baby hair! thumbs up! haha

Thanks LeeJhong for yet another great product!

gaoxing84 said:
POWERPOINT HAIR SPRAY REVIEW!!!

Wassup guys! Yet another simple review from me. (Not sure why am i doing this because LeeJhong aka Dior Model has already covered most of the things i want to say but nevertheless, i will say what i thought of it as a end-user/consumer pov )

Anyway, this PowerPoint Hair Spray is from Japan and the company that does this is call Feeling. Huge bottle. 400g of goodness inside. Probably can last me a good 4-6 months cause I will only use hair spray when i am partying or going out over the weekends. Everyday user can expect a usage duration of at least 2 - 4 months. I explain why the duration can be so long later in the review.

This review will be a direct comparison to OSIS+ Freeze Number 3 because i own it before the powerpoint and since ever since i got the powerpoint, the osis+ has pass on to my younger brother. haha

Let's get started shall we?

First impression - Huge ass spray can. After i got it from JH, i straight away go back to my office toilet and give it a try. The thing i like most the first time i use it is the spray nozzle. It has a wider and stronger distribution of the liquid product. Comparing to what osis+, it distributed better and as well wider. Osis+ nozzle tends to concentrate on a smaller area. Also the pressure is also stronger for power point. This means all it takes is 2-3 sprays and the entire head will be covered.
+1 for Power Point

The smell, let's see, i think it smells very similar to how a salon will smell with all the pleasant scent of shampoos and conditioner. Kinda sweet but not exactly feminine. Osis+ has its own unique smell too. To me, both are nice. no clear winner over here.
Draw!

Now the most important part - The hold!
Osis+ as we all know is meant to be really strong and have awesome control. But for most of the guys here, we do not have really SPIKED up hair like freaking mohawk. All we need and want is our hair to stay as it is after we style it. Best is have good control over strong winds or humid weather that will break down the hair product we have in our hair.
Osis+ freeze does what its name says, IT FREEZES your hair. Leaving it gelled up, stiff and look un-natural. For one, having a huge spiked mohawk is already un-natural. And you can't really restyle your hair or rake your hair because it's totally stiff. Osis+ also has a certain amount of shine when you use it and take a certain time to get it fully dry.
OSIS+ can be a little heavy and my hair tends to flop after awhile. Not the entire fringe but small bunches of hair will flop

However, for power point hair spray, the selling point is that it's lightweight and at the same time, strong hold and control.
Even with the strong winds in tanjong pagar, my hair stays on to be how it looks when i styled it. Pretty awesome i would say.
When i used it, it dries up pretty quickly. I tried touching my hair after a while, i can feel that my hair turns thick, meaning the hair spray has settled in and holding on to my hair. I kinda like the feeling because it shows that whenever i move my hair, it wouldn't flop. Here comes the amazing part, this hair spray is pliable, i can restyle anytime i want, bunching up my hair or raking is not an issue! No flakes or what also ever and my hair is never stiff or gelled up but yet i am amazed that its strong enough to hold it against wind (not typhoon kind ah! lol)
As of now, i don't see my fringe flopping in bunches. So far so good!
There's also a certain amount of shine but really low as compared to osis+

+1 POINT GOES TO POWERPOINT YET AGAIN!

By the way, both products are tested on a simple quiff that i usually have. the standard you guys always see if you have been following this thread closely.

As we can see, a clear winner! I will recommend power point hair spray for anyone who wants light weight but yet strong control for your hair. Something that most of us wants here is to keep our hair style fixated the whole day looking natural instead of looking stiff or gelled up.

Huge ass bottle - why it can last because just a simple 2-3 sprays is enough, you don't need extra sprays because more sprays means more product on your hair which will lead to added weight and there you go again, hair flopping.

Some references of pictures you can show your stylist.
one of few nice ones
Super popular at Kobayashi now!
tumblr_mlgq29WANZ1r65bg6o1_500.jpg

undercut-slight-long-hair.jpg

649101-1_lp.jpg

HOKzK.jpg

wenn4015222-3752704604842516852.jpg

trendy_short_haircuts_for_men_3.jpg

Trendy-short-hairstyles-men.jpg

zayn-malik-spiky-hairstyles-for-men.jpg

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shampoos!!!

gaoxing84 said:
Carbolic Shampoo
Review of the Carbolic Silky Hair Shampoo By Q8 from LeeJhong!
Just received my bottle from him today.
Not a pro shampoo person but i need something to prevent itch from my scalp and cleanse my scalp!
So here goes.....

First impression - Smells like matcha green tea although the liquid is black. 420ML of black liquid goodness in a rectangle bottle with a huge pump!

All I need was a single motion of a pump and the liquid flows onto my palms that is just enough for my head lol. The texture is not exactly gooey as it looks but it does create a good amount of foam on my hair. It lathers quite well when i rub and scrub my hair and scalp. After rinsing with water, i raked my hair and i feel refreshed and dryness. Why dryness? it's a good indication that excessive oil from the scalp and product that i used is being cleanse away fully, leaving me with squeaky clean hair and scalp!

I would recommend to pair it with conditioner in between days. Using this shampoo to cleanse away all the excessive oil and impurities and with conditioner to soothe your hair and hydrating your hair after the cleansing. Wait for the Q8 conditioner that LeeJhong might bring in! .

After air-drying, my hair doesn't feel dry, in fact it feel soft. haha!

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reviews for OS SSS - http://theprettyjerk.com/product/os-fashion-sea-spray-200ml
Qn: What does the sea salt spray actually do?
Ans: Seasalt spray is used to create instant volume for one whereby a matte structure is being created for you in place. Basically, if you face the problem of flat hair, seasalt spray will be the solution for you. Just have to spray a few times onto damp hair (for best results IMO) and blow dry it to get the volume created instantly.

Additionally, it helps to bunch up the hair nicely enough so that it aids greatly in the subsequent application of styling products such as wax/clay and hence, the required amount of these styling products used will be lesser actually. This will encourage easier removal of styling products at the end of the day as well as helping you to save more cost in the long run. A bonus point to add will be it helps to control the excess oils in the hair (especially so in SG) too as it dries your hair (not in a damaging manner) out to create volume.

A simple review on the OS fashion sea salt spray which i got it ytd from the pretty jerk by leejhong.
I used it on towel dried hair and blow dry. Initial impression “wow!”. I finally can have some volume in my hair. The spray dries fast enough and leaves a nice smell (not totally girl kind, doesn’t make you feel like a girl). The hold is quite good, as you blow into shape, it stays and easily controllable and looking textured. Perfect for people looking to make a quiff which is quite popular nowadays. Think justin bieber and David beckham.

Also, I was given a tester eax from germany because he knows that I do comb back and side comb for work after I stated here in the thread. That’s customer service right there!

It’s call the silyorn Hair matter. So far I can’t comment on the hold but it’s pretty controllable. Gives a shine but not oily like. Perfect for slick formal hair style for work.

I think a alternative good pair to the sea salt spray would be the hanz de fuko scheme cream and sponge wax. Can try their new product quicksand if you want to go for a totally matt look.

So far I am very statisfied with the product from the pretty jerk and leejhong has been very helpful towards my queries. Keeps my order on track with SMS reminders. Keep up the good work leejhong, will definitely recommend to all my friends who are looking for such products.

This is a personal review from a statisfied customer and I am not affiliated in any way to theprettyjerk.

deaththeorist said:
And… the sea spray really sia… i’d say its like a toothpaste! you dun need it per se… primary sch mass brush teeth always no toothpaste de right?…but then once u used it, you cant go back XD
+1 to OS fashion sea spray! btw jh, since u said better to apply when wet, i applied just now after bathing… see whether after one night’s sleep the volume is there anot! for the lazy! haha

specky7 said:
First time using the OS Sea salt spray by bro leejhong and I must say I am impressed with this product. It really helps to give my hair more volume and the strands are bunched up nicely making it easier to style my hair. Gotta use it more as still messing up with the spraying technique

TheMediator said:
Got my Sea Salt spray amidst raving reviews from the members in this thread from bro leejh via TPJ.

Promised him a review of the product as a return for the pleasant trade.
Did COD with him and he was punctual & helpful in answering my queries.
Also gave me a sample of Nigelle out of goodwill

First off, the SS spray works pretty much like how your hair would end up (after drying) after a fun and salty day @ Sentosa albeit not that gross.
It also works like OSIS Dust it for all those who have used it before but less “heavy” & a tad more natural.

It definitely has matt finish and maybe to the extent one might feel too “dry” depending on hair textures. It certainly gives a significant boost in the volume department but do not expect miracles!

Due to the matte finish, i opted to pair it with a wax less matte instead of my joico clay and hence i choose HDF Spongewax (Not really matt at all as stated on product label) and it went really well. [washes off easily too]

Fun & easy to use pre-styling product & overall worth the buy if you are wondering whether to take the plunge or not.

gaoxing84 said:
The power of the Sea Salt Spray.

I have seen endless recommendation and questions of sea salt spray. Let’s clear this once and for all so that people will know the power of it!

This is done via OS sea salt spray by Leejhong aka the pretty jerk aka dior model!
pretty awesome product. Lasted me since March 2013 till now, still got abit left.
The link!
http://theprettyjerk.com/product/os-…ea-spray-200ml

First thing sea salt spray gives is volume. most of us asian has flat hair, even with hair dryer, it’s difficult to achieve the voluminous hair like what a Caucasian can get. It’s practically a life saver product for us!

Second, it’s a pre-styling product which means it can used before you use wax/clay/pomade to style your hair. It’s usually used when you towel dried your hair and before blowing your hair.

Third, it gives you a outline or shape of the style you are looking for when blow drying. The shape will pretty much stay after blow drying because sea salt spray has a certain amount of hold but not strong enough to be used as a main styling product for us guys. We will need a final styling product to finish up the styling.

Fourth, it dries your hair pretty much and with dry hair, the use of wax/clay/pomade will be easier to apply and hold of such products will be better (quote from my old stylist and it’s true and i live by it). It also gives additional holding power that complements the wax/clay/pomade.

Reviews for Kanebo Acidic Shampoo - http://theprettyjerk.com/product/kanebo-lissage-vogne-acidic-shampoo-800ml-ph-5-5
Qn: What does the kanebo acidic shampoo actually do?
Ans: It is a form of acidic shampoo at pH5.5 which helps to effectively combat against the excess oils and impurities left in the hair. The best pH for pH balancing shampoo is between 5 to 7. Hence, your hair will feel more moisturized and hydrated. Usually when one has "stubborn" hair, the hair will be dry and stiff which tends to give you a bit of problem while styling. In this particular context, kanebo shampoo will be able to moisturize your hair adequately by providing a balanced level of moist for one. Complementing it with the conditioner helps to fill up the "holes" in the cortex layer when proteins are lost. In this manner, your hair will become healthier and stronger.

deadbeat said:
After an extensive & totally non scientific range of testing with all kinds of quality & crappy shampoo, I can totally declare unsurprisingly that it plays a big part in determining how your hair looks after it is styled.

In short: don’t skimp on shampoo, get kanebo/pote.

netzach said:
Tried the Kanebo (WHAT A NAME…KAN NE BO..) shampoo sample kindly provided by JHong.

Thanks for the neatly packed sample with nice labeled info about the shampoo.

- Creamy, nice smell
- Doesn’t dry up the hair like Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo etc. (very very important)
- Leaves the hair soft, smooth & smelling good. SHIOK
- Will prolly be getting a bottle once stocks are in

theclubmed said:
Dont mind my 2 cent on kanebo shampoo. its part of my rotation kit for my hair care.

giovionni thriple tree treat as my morning wash as its really minty and keep the scale super cooling

redkan cleansing foam as my once in three day shampoo of the choice for night wash, literally clean the **** out of ones hair, but its also so potent that it dry out your hair super fast. soak your hair in it for 10mins and your hair will be literally free of hair product.

kanebo, use it nightly as i really dig the shea butter smell, after waahing it just make me feel really relax just by smelling it. the least drying of all 3 shampoo, best smelling of them all and cleansing effect i will rate it on par with the Giovanni but lose out to the redken.

lastly, as my hair are bleaches, plus i uses 5 products in my daily styling, namely redken root spray, sea salt, quicksand for volumising purpose, nigelle wax for styling and powerpoint spray for setting it in place, my hair are quite screwed up, but the nigelle hair mask keep to be able to keep my hair healthy…

netzach said:
hmm. been using the Kanebo for quite a few days & Corium to wash/clean the scalp.
Can really see the difference whenever I use Kanebo.
Hair somewhat looks thicker & shinny.
The Kanebo glow effect for the hair is MAGICAL.

Voi hairspray – this is no joke. if you want the messy not so ‘stiff’ look, this is the hairspray to go for.

Eco seasalt spray (the RED bottle seasalt spray)

- Not as sticky, stiff as the OS sss
- Nozzle is perfect, again spraying over a wider portion of the hair. the nozzle is much better than the OS sss
- Light ‘chick’ scent to it
- Volume is there, but if you’re looking to do your comb backs, quiffs, etc, you might need a couple more pumps.
- for the messy, outta bed look, this **** here is perfect

f**king shiok.

whatme said:
Just want to thanks leejhong for the meet up and the great product from TPJ.

The Kanebo shampoo sample I just used. IT IS SIMPLY SMELL GOOD!

Normally my shampoo will cause my hair very dry due to bleached hair before. So I always use a lot of conditioner to make it smoother to comb later.

However this shampoo do not need me to use the conditioner at all and leave a silly soft feel!

Bro. Count me in for the next batch of the shampoo la. Hahaha

decafie said:
Some feedback for anybody eyeing the Kanebo Shampoo, OS Sea Spray, and Nigelle Bold Clay. I’ve used the mentioned products for about a week so far!

Kanebo shampoo – Excellent! The smell is luxurious and it really left my hair feeling softer. Pretty efficient at washing off my hair wax/clay/pomade at the end of the day. Does not leave any weird tacky feeling on the hair (unlike Phyto Shampoo ). And the smell…. the smell!!!! Crazy good!

OS Sea Spray – Never heard of such a hair product till JH introduced it to me. Was initially sceptical about how the hold/volume aspect would benefit me, but JH assured me it would work for my hair type (thick, frizzy, and a little bit curly). I used it in conjunction with a hair dryer and was crazy impressed with the shaping capability of the sea spray. It made applying wax/clay after a lot less random, because the base structure of the hair was more or less set! Smells pleasant as well

Nigelle Bold Clay – You can tell this is a really high quality clay when you’re applying it. I’ve gone through quite a few hair waxes/clays and none applied the way this clay did. A creamy texture with a light scent to it. Dries totally Matte; no joke! The hold on its own probably a 6/10 in terms of strength, but after adding in the OS sea spray to the routine, the hold becomes more like a 8/10. Special highlight for me would be the product allows hair to still be fairly pliable (especially if you add a bit of water again during the day and adjust). Washes out really easily =)

I usually add a bit of water to help in shaping the Nigelle clay. Unfortunately, I find it can get a bit “crispy” upon drying =/ Not sure if it’s due to the addition of the Sea salt spray, or maybe my technique isn’t right? I’ll try it a few more times.

Looking for that ideal wax/clay that has a matte or even semi matte texture and doesn’t dry crispy, along with a strong hold. Must wash out easily too! The search goes on!

Also, gotta give props to JH for his quality service and sincerity. You can tell he really cares about the products he’s selling and who he is selling it to. Not to mention the fact that he is willing to take the time to answer all kinds of questions and share knowledge is outstanding!

Thanks JH! 2 Thumbs up for you =)

alcoholfree said:
overdue review on jh bro products, even though many others have said it before but just to share my user experiences ^^

1) kanebo shampoo -> when massaging in your hair, can feel an obvious difference from those over the counter shampoos. 1st, you can feel your hair moisture retaining or if not being moisturized as compared to other shampoos that i always experience dryness and roughness when shampooing. On top of that, it has a nice mild smell.

2) SSS + GD -> nothing else to say as the results speak for itself. Sufficient volume created and lasting hold even without the use of hairspray (lasted the whole day even after cardio on the threadmill machine – of course a few strand fall out of place but still pleasantly surprised @ the holding power ^_^)

Overall, satisfied with the purchase and prices are affordable. Not to mention the friendly and good service.

Tl.dr. said:
I've recently bought the Kanebo Shampoo and Conditioner from JH and i fell in love with it. I let my mom and aunt tried it and they liked it too. I have generally sensitive skin which makes buying a shampoo a pain in the ass. The Kanebo shampoo however is really gentle on the skin and is perfect for daily usage as it doesn't dry out your hair that much thus leaving it soft and silky. Not to mention the smell of it is so relaxing too! In comparison with most boutique brand shampoos out there, i find this much better in terms of quality and cost.

I also tried out his NIGELLE DS TF treatment and it really works wonders. I've rebonded, dyed and permed my hair over the past few years and my hair started having split ends and was really frizzy. I couldn't stand it until i read through the hair thread and saw what JH was selling. Gave it a try and didn't regret it, my hair is much better than before already.

Had never been this satisfied with buying hair products

Last edited:

blackvice

Master Member
Reaction score
would like to highlight the os sea-salt spray, it dries up and gives a definite volume fast . Peers with dry hair texture should avoid spraying too much imho and last but not least compliment it with a wet-based styling product ( if your hair-texture is dry/naturally dried ):)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
leejhong said:
Hi people! I am doing a pre-order for Fudge Ends Hair Serum. The main purpose is to test the market response for hair serum to be brought in for the SG community. It can be used on towel-dried hair or dry hair and all it takes is just a small dab to work through the hair. A little goes a long way and you dun have to wash it off after that.

Basically, it can help to repair your split ends and achieve silky hair ends. Also, it comes with a very pleasant smell and helps to effectively replenish the lost proteins in the hair. All in all, its convenient and anyone, both males and females, of any hair type can use it actually. Hair care is the key to having good hair.

As usual, if you are interested, can either pm or text me. Cheers!

Product Name: Fudge Ends Miracle Smoothing Treatment 50ml
Price: $21.90 (w complimentary normal postage)
Pre-order Price: $19.90 (w complimentary normal postage) - PreOrder will end on 2nd December 2013
ETA: Mid December (before X'Mas)

IMG_2507.jpg

To rebump the post from the old thread! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.