The official Xiaomi Mi4 thread

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2000
Messages
33,252
Reaction score
766
hmmnnn not too sure was it initial hype and excitement myself, was trying to find reason to get MI4 when it released in SG and ditch my M8, then i take alook at my M8, did a detailed comparison, M8 still has better build quality than Mi4, specs wise all the same, except 3 thing, camera, speaker and sd card slot...

then i ask myself which one i am willing to forsake... after consideration, forsaking speaker, better build quality and sd card slot for a better camera abit bo hua, not as if my M8 camera is super bad, so i guess i would stick to M8 at the moment until a Snapdragon 805 model is out...

I guess M8 is still a far superior model than Mi4 la. Sense 6 is much better than MIUI imo. If I'm in your situation, I will stick with M8.
 

Salapi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Messages
20,272
Reaction score
0
Not sure why you are so defensive of OPO...I was merely making a comment from what I read online, not here to argue. Sorry if I made any mistake, but really, no need for you to get so uptight and sound like some dictator.

I based off Qoo10 for OPO because it seems to be the cheaper option than purchasing from the official OPPO Mart. I do not know any other method of purchasing the OPO online.

and I was talking about Mi4 prices here, not Mi3. Yes, I am okay.

okay la chill. :crazy:

really hope xm this time can launch 64gb to sinkies.
 

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
20,533
Reaction score
6,440
No worry, still lots of people will rush to buy when released. :s13::s13:

QHD is very gimmicky and not many apps supports it... the specs is almost same as note3 unless it has dual sim card which it dont, minus it also doesnt have expanded sd card slot which most people needs and uses nowadays.
 

atomantz

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2007
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Xiaomi Mi4 back covers

Xiaomi Mi4 back covers
xiaomi-mi4-back-covers.jpg
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
Too bad no qHD display, else confirm many ppl will buy.

qHD, as shown in the reviews of Find 7 and G3, is very demanding on the battery power. Keeping it to FHD might actually be a wiser idea without sacrificing the sharpness.

I guess M8 is still a far superior model than Mi4 la. Sense 6 is much better than MIUI imo. If I'm in your situation, I will stick with M8.

I agree. Having used both OS, I prefer Sense UI as well as it's more polished and stable. MIUI still has rough edges and bugs and a less than premium overall feel. I remember I did a factory reset on my Mi3 and it didn't clean out the contents at all. When I attempted a 2nd time, it took a whooping 20 mins to finish. I actually thought it was bricked or something :eek:

Recently, I changed from Mi3 to HTC Desire 816 and despite the chipset downgrade, I actually prefer everything else on the Desire 816 be it the better cam, sound quality, build, UI, etc.

So as good as Mi4 looks on paper, I guess we really need to use it personally to know if it is better than our mainstream brands. But what Xiaomi has done right, is the bang for buck identity. So no matter how you look at it, their cellphones are always so hard to resist buying.
 
Last edited:

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
13,742
Reaction score
0
Ok news reported that current versions don't support local LTE.
Compatible versions to be release in Sept.
 

k0g3pAn

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
0
qHD, as shown in the reviews of Find 7 and G3, is very demanding on the battery power. Keeping it to FHD might actually be a wiser idea without sacrificing the sharpness.



I agree. Having used both OS, I prefer Sense UI as well as it's more polished and stable. MIUI still has rough edges and bugs and a less than premium overall feel. I remember I did a factory reset on my Mi3 and it didn't clean out the contents at all. When I attempted a 2nd time, it took a whooping 20 mins to finish. I actually thought it was bricked or something :eek:

Recently, I changed from Mi3 to HTC Desire 816 and despite the chipset downgrade, I actually prefer everything else on the Desire 816 be it the better cam, sound quality, build, UI, etc.

So as good as Mi4 looks on paper, I guess we really need to use it personally to know if it is better than our mainstream brands. But what Xiaomi has done right, is the bang for buck identity. So no matter how you look at it, their cellphones are always so hard to resist buying.

yeah bro, for myself i keep changing phone every now and then, most phone doesn't stick with me for more than 4 months, so far only 2 phone has last me more than that, which were Note 3 and currently M8..

i am kinda being spoilt by the speaker quality and Sense UI, not to mention the design and build quality of M8.. now each time a new phone release, even the recent G3 QHD etc, couldn't tempt me to change over..

No doubt i am still a fan of Xiaomi product, even ordered the MiPad and contemplating placing deposit for the MiTV, but Mi 4 doesn't seem to have the wow factor to pull me over. right now i would say Mi3 is the most bang for bucks compared to Mi4, at least its design and build quality is mostly aluminium..

then again Mi4 will still be sold out when it is released... just my personal opinion of Mi4 at the moment, but who knows, the next MIUI 6 release may smoothen everything out? we just have to wait and see...
 

SpeedWeed

Master Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2002
Messages
4,344
Reaction score
0
Xiaomi Mi 4: Specs, Features, Pictures, Price, Unboxing and Reviews (Updating) - Xiaomi Mi 4 - MIUI Official Community


Hi MIUIers,

Xiaomi Mi 4, Xiaomi's fourth generation smartphone, is announced in today's New Product Launch Event. Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core 2.5GHz processor, 3GB LP-DDR3 RAM, 16/64GB eMMC 5.0, 5-inch 1080p Sharp / JDI OGS full lamination display, 13MP rear and 8MP front Sony stacked CMOS camera, 3080 mAh Lithium-ion polymer battery.

Xiaomi Mi 4 WCDMA version will be available on Jul 29, 2014, CDMA version in August, LTE (4G) version in September. And 1 million Mi 4 will be provided in two months.


Features
Stainless steel frame, unbelievable craftsmanship & polish
Snapdragon 801 chipset, 3GB RAM, 16/64GB Flash
5-inch 1080p IPS display, very high color gamut (84% of NTSC range)
13MP rear camera, f1.8, real-time HDR, 4K video recording (Sony IMX214)
8MP front camera, f1.8, 80-degree wide angle (Sony IMX219)
3080mAh internal battery, quick charging at 9V/1.2A or 5V/2A
Swappable back plate
Weight: 149g
RMB 1999 (~$320) for 16GB Version; RMB 2499 (~$400) for 64GB Version
 

SpeedWeed

Master Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2002
Messages
4,344
Reaction score
0
why do i get the feeling

they purposely release 4G version is September same time as Iphone 6 launch?

similar specs for less than half the price :s13::s22:
 

maxsony

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
2,122
Reaction score
0
actually was hoping to see they release QHD res with 805 processor ... but well guess 805 processor wasn't ready for them to place into the smartphone just yet. if they did release such spec for now, it will surely push other brand to follow and launch the next gen flagship smartphone at much earlier date.

The reason why they didnt go for QHD , i think they had made a deal and wanted to use the 801 processor, and also due to the fact that 801 processor isn't have the enough juice to power the QHD res well and smoothly. the same logical can be apply on LG flagship G3. only snapdragon 805 and above (808/810) processor have the power to do that well. thus they opt for a safer screen res such as 1080P. sure confirm got no issue.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top