The Official Xperia S thread

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2002
Messages
14,169
Reaction score
1,239
Bro.. run to burlington square..

Wah... Thought you're at AMK.

Back to warranty, so still valid if we re-lock? I remember you have to go Sony website to request for unlock code de.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
For those who are complaining that the battery life sucks...maybe you wanna off this..

Go Settings > Accounts & Sync, OFF background data traffic. On this only when u want to download apps.

Last night ard 11+ it was 100%. This morning woke up at 7am was 84%. Before leaving house surf FB and web on it. In the bus was listening to music, play some video and youtube plus surf web thru out the journey until 9am reach office.

Until now which is 115pm, i still have 46% battery left. Which IMO, is already consider, not bad.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
For those who are complaining that the battery life sucks...maybe you wanna off this..

Go Settings > Accounts & Sync, OFF background data traffic. On this only when u want to download apps.

Last night ard 11+ it was 100%. This morning woke up at 7am was 84%. Before leaving house surf FB and web on it. In the bus was listening to music, play some video and youtube plus surf web thru out the journey until 9am reach office.

Until now which is 115pm, i still have 46% battery left. Which IMO, is already consider, not bad.

Disable background data traffic a bit too big of a sacrifice leh. :( I like my push notifications...
 

bugmenot45

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2011
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
0
Just wanted to share how I squeeze the battery for more juice. I unplugged the charger at 11:30am yesterday and now at 1:15pm, I still have 30% left. In between, I read emails, watch 1 hour of mp4 movies, browse web for 30mins, accessed twitter, weibo and QQ. Video was played with moboPlayer and it set the screen at 75% brightness. Hopefully, I can conserve more juice by setting the brightness lower.

Most important is the display. Set the brightness to the lowest level comfortable for you. For me, I can live by with 5% brightness. Under the sun or bright lights, I set to 18%. I notice the brightness of the display doesn't change much between 1-17% but at 18% and above the screen becomes brighter. 5% might be too dim for many but at night while walking in the street or before bed time, its sufficiently bright.
 

PongRareRare

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2008
Messages
2,047
Reaction score
92
Just wanted to share how I squeeze the battery for more juice. I unplugged the charger at 11:30am yesterday and now at 1:15pm, I still have 30% left. In between, I read emails, watch 1 hour of mp4 movies, browse web for 30mins, accessed twitter, weibo and QQ. Video was played with moboPlayer and it set the screen at 75% brightness. Hopefully, I can conserve more juice by setting the brightness lower.

Most important is the display. Set the brightness to the lowest level comfortable for you. For me, I can live by with 5% brightness. Under the sun or bright lights, I set to 18%. I notice the brightness of the display doesn't change much between 1-17% but at 18% and above the screen becomes brighter. 5% might be too dim for many but at night while walking in the street or before bed time, its sufficiently bright.
There are changes at 6 and 12 % also... Tats y I leave at 6% haha.
 

enobmort

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Just wanted to share how I squeeze the battery for more juice. I unplugged the charger at 11:30am yesterday and now at 1:15pm, I still have 30% left. In between, I read emails, watch 1 hour of mp4 movies, browse web for 30mins, accessed twitter, weibo and QQ. Video was played with moboPlayer and it set the screen at 75% brightness. Hopefully, I can conserve more juice by setting the brightness lower.

Most important is the display. Set the brightness to the lowest level comfortable for you. For me, I can live by with 5% brightness. Under the sun or bright lights, I set to 18%. I notice the brightness of the display doesn't change much between 1-17% but at 18% and above the screen becomes brighter. 5% might be too dim for many but at night while walking in the street or before bed time, its sufficiently bright.

wah... ur battery can last over 24 hrs?!

amazing... i always need to charge max after 12-15 hr
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Just wanted to share how I squeeze the battery for more juice. I unplugged the charger at 11:30am yesterday and now at 1:15pm, I still have 30% left. In between, I read emails, watch 1 hour of mp4 movies, browse web for 30mins, accessed twitter, weibo and QQ. Video was played with moboPlayer and it set the screen at 75% brightness. Hopefully, I can conserve more juice by setting the brightness lower.

Most important is the display. Set the brightness to the lowest level comfortable for you. For me, I can live by with 5% brightness. Under the sun or bright lights, I set to 18%. I notice the brightness of the display doesn't change much between 1-17% but at 18% and above the screen becomes brighter. 5% might be too dim for many but at night while walking in the street or before bed time, its sufficiently bright.

Brightness at 5% is too dim to see anything. We are not always at dark environment, so the minimum brightness must be at least around 30%. Unless we are living in cave. :s13:
 

hush66

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
6,703
Reaction score
0
Share my settings:
Battery drop 6% over almost 6 hrs of standby

- bluetooth on
- wifi on
- 3G on
- all Sync off
- weather update every 12 hrs
- automatic time off
- timescape manual update

Data is the number one battery "sucker". You should only turn on either Wifi or 3G at one time.
 

anpanbun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
5,029
Reaction score
0
For those who are complaining that the battery life sucks...maybe you wanna off this..

Go Settings > Accounts & Sync, OFF background data traffic. On this only when u want to download apps.

Last night ard 11+ it was 100%. This morning woke up at 7am was 84%. Before leaving house surf FB and web on it. In the bus was listening to music, play some video and youtube plus surf web thru out the journey until 9am reach office.

Until now which is 115pm, i still have 46% battery left. Which IMO, is already consider, not bad.
Awesome. Thanks, raggy

Just wanted to share how I squeeze the battery for more juice. I unplugged the charger at 11:30am yesterday and now at 1:15pm, I still have 30% left. In between, I read emails, watch 1 hour of mp4 movies, browse web for 30mins, accessed twitter, weibo and QQ. Video was played with moboPlayer and it set the screen at 75% brightness. Hopefully, I can conserve more juice by setting the brightness lower.

Most important is the display. Set the brightness to the lowest level comfortable for you. For me, I can live by with 5% brightness. Under the sun or bright lights, I set to 18%. I notice the brightness of the display doesn't change much between 1-17% but at 18% and above the screen becomes brighter. 5% might be too dim for many but at night while walking in the street or before bed time, its sufficiently bright.

You can see with 5% brightness? What are the apps running in the background?

But, for some i think big sacrifice. :s13:

But i can manually push so ok for me. :s13:
ITA
 

dennis7w7

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
29,816
Reaction score
237
How to get the playstation store app? Mine doesnt have the let's start ps store even after I enable 3rd party apps.
 

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2009
Messages
38,775
Reaction score
0
Anyway the texture of the phone is good. But ppl like with sweaty palms might get a ill uncomfy
 

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2009
Messages
38,775
Reaction score
0
Anyway is it my phone only? Cos it start to look whitish cloudy at the top of my web browser.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top