The Official Xperia S thread

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Sony Jurong Point and Singtel shop to check out the package.
Both selling at $898 and package seems similar.
Screen protector, HDMI cable, NFC tags x 2, speed charger, earpiece...

Zeph bro, is this the standard? Any upcoming promotion or special package?

TIA.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Sony Jurong Point and Singtel shop to check out the package.
Both selling at $898 and package seems similar.
Screen protector, HDMI cable, NFC tags x 2, speed charger, earpiece...

Zeph bro, is this the standard? Any upcoming promotion or special package?

TIA.

Brother, it is the standard package which comes with USB Cable, Quicker Charger adaptor, HDMI Cable, Screen Protector and NFC Tags. If you buy at 6Range or Sony Mobile Concept stores at Bishan, AMK or Parkway Parade, you will get additional Leather pouch from Melko which is good leather with the price you pay at $898.

ragnarok95

Reaction score
I went to a shop in bugis and bought a Xperia S white...

Standard package inside comes with a PHONE, usb cable, quick charge, HDMI cable, screen protector, earpiece, many instruction leaflets, redemption form for the 2 NFC tags.

And i only pay....

S$7x0...

:o

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brother, it is the standard package which comes with USB Cable, Quicker Charger adaptor, HDMI Cable, Screen Protector and NFC Tags. If you buy at 6Range or Sony Mobile Concept stores at Bishan, AMK or Parkway Parade, you will get additional Leather pouch from Melko which is good leather with the price you pay at $898.

I rike this!

Thanks man!

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to a shop in bugis and bought a Xperia S white...

Standard package inside comes with a PHONE, usb cable, quick charge, HDMI cable, screen protector, earpiece, many instruction leaflets, redemption form for the 2 NFC tags.

And i only pay....

S$7x0...

:o

please sic the shop name to me, please...

btw, phone got warranty? need to go sony website register, just like their appliances?

ragnarok95

Reaction score
Of cos it has warranty. Standard 1 yr warranty + reg online to claim extra warranty...

amlim

Reaction score
Any one has any idea if service centre insists on proof of purchase when you send in phone to service centre?

Anyone who has not online registered their Xperia S?

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my is also the first week but not at IT show. Is at Singtel retail stall.

ya I saw tour picture on tour yellowish hmm ya u better go get it changed
doubt they will rma u one to one
as this is not apple
mine x's is at it show m1 seem like someone say m1 set is better over singtel hahha Dino who say but I forgotten

goood luck

sharpsnapper

Reaction score

misashiX

Reaction score
DSC00679.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

WOW ur looks really bad. Better hop down and have a check. So far my XS dun have the yellow band u have. And my from Singtel IT show. I know the sales guy in there so I guess they pick the best for me :)

ragnarok95

Reaction score
How to pick the best for you since all the boxes are sealed? :)

misashiX

Reaction score
How to pick the best for you since all the boxes are sealed? :)

LOL joking la. like u say where can pick the best. JUST lucky to have a good set. I believe whatever u buy depend on luck. Whether it is car, laptops, etc there is bound to have some tat have problem. For my case, XS is really good no defects so far. BOI, I highly suggest u send it back to service centre and make a big hoohaa, likely they will do a 1 to 1 exchange. To me ur set really have problem hope u get a better set soon and enjoy XS

tkte_85

Master Member
Reaction score
i had e same problem wif discoloration too, also at e bottom of e screen for my 1st fone.... did a 1:1 exchange wif sony-ericsson svc ctr at j8 although they were unwilling at 1st, was fine for a few days until i notice it seems to come back again... will monitor e replaced set's screen abit longer..

xerome

Reaction score
i had e same problem wif discoloration too, also at e bottom of e screen for my 1st fone.... did a 1:1 exchange wif sony-ericsson svc ctr at j8 although they were unwilling at 1st, was fine for a few days until i notice it seems to come back again... will monitor e replaced set's screen abit longer..

mine have abit too.. at the bottom and the right side of the screen. But must turn on brightness to max and white background then look very closely to see it. Think i should go down ask for exchange too? XD

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The issue with the yellowish tint seems to be rather prevalent. XDA forumers are also reporting the same thing:

[Q] Xperia S' screen problems - xda-developers

Some are speculating that the problem lies with the glue that is used to attach the screen layers (just like on the SG2 and iPhone) and will disappear over time.

misashiX

Reaction score
Let hope so, this phone deserve alot of attention. So far, it is one of the best out there.
Anyway, hoping ICS coming soon and cross finger that it will help lengthen the battery life even more.
I saw this just now, is this true?
from pocketnow;
"The reason the battery only lasted 8 hours is pretty clear looking at that battery stats picture (Look at the blue bar just above the 'Display 41%' stat).
The phone isn't going to sleep either because there is a bug in the firmware (similar to the ARC when it first launched with the camera preventing the phone from sleeping) or the reviewer was listening to music for 80% of the time."

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.