The Official Xperia S thread

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,325
Reaction score
6,586
Last year they had S2, Nexus, Note which is not really that ahead in term of hardware specs to be honest.
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
What I dislike about Samsung is their software. My friend updated his notes and alot of apps keep crash -.- One of them is S Memo.
 

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
23,386
Reaction score
4,315
I noticed that the arc S retail price is cheaper than this! I don't get it...shouldn't the arc S be cheaper since it is older?
 

raintr33

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
2,317
Reaction score
379
Just got a disappointment after buying a TDK inearphone(TH-ECXS250) from the PC Show which the salesman says its compatible with all Xperia phone.
Back home when I plug in the earphone, a message popped out "Accessory not Supported" :-(

Sianz man.... do you think they will let me change to another model if I bring it down for a exchange? Else this earphone is useless to me, zero sound from the phone.
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Ok guys,

I bear good news for those who dropped their phone~!!!!

You see, as some of you may know, my Nozomi had a sudden cardiac arrest last weekend, so I brought her in for servicing.

So since I was there already and knowing they would clear away my data, I asked them to help me change my LCD screen as well.

Within 5 working days, which is today, I was told that my Nozomi was ready to collect.

And when I went over, something took me by surprise, which is this:
IMG_20120608_145152.jpg


What does this mean, you might ask?

Well, I kinda accidentally dropped my phone a couple of months back (which led me to get a Rock casing from adix the following day), and in the end 2 corners were scratched and dented.

And now, as you can see from the picture, the deformities are gone~!

My Nozomi looked as good as new. Seems the sides and the botttom comes along with the LCD?

Probably why so far nobody reported this is that maybe those who changed LCD doesn't have any scratches that's why never notice the change? ._.

But I guess this trick can only be used once unless you unluckily get yellow tints again?

On the side note, as like someone who commented a few days ago here, the new screen, upon first use, looks sepia-ish in color. But after a while, the whites have gradually become really white.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,325
Reaction score
6,586
Erm..... the casing comes with the LCD... everyone got their casing changed when u went in to service the LCD...it comes together...in a package.
 

hush66

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
6,703
Reaction score
0
Just got a disappointment after buying a TDK inearphone(TH-ECXS250) from the PC Show which the salesman says its compatible with all Xperia phone.
Back home when I plug in the earphone, a message popped out "Accessory not Supported" :-(

Sianz man.... do you think they will let me change to another model if I bring it down for a exchange? Else this earphone is useless to me, zero sound from the phone.

It is known that during such shows, not all the salesmen know the products they are promoting. You should demand for an exchange in view of misinformation. Bring your phone to test when you do the exchange for another model.
 

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
23,386
Reaction score
4,315
Just got a disappointment after buying a TDK inearphone(TH-ECXS250) from the PC Show which the salesman says its compatible with all Xperia phone.
Back home when I plug in the earphone, a message popped out "Accessory not Supported" :-(

Sianz man.... do you think they will let me change to another model if I bring it down for a exchange? Else this earphone is useless to me, zero sound from the phone.

You can try your luck :) This is one of the little things I dislike about Xperia phones. As far as I know, my Xperia Ray (and probably the rest of the Xperia line) disallows use of a earphone with microphone, i.e. if the connector you have is same as an iPod earphone connector, it'll not allow it for use. You will need to get an adapter:

converter.png
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
You can try your luck :) This is one of the little things I dislike about Xperia phones. As far as I know, my Xperia Ray (and probably the rest of the Xperia line) disallows use of a earphone with microphone, i.e. if the connector you have is same as an iPod earphone connector, it'll not allow it for use. You will need to get an adapter:

converter.png

A Jays Four works on xperia S not sure if the Mic and the volume work oR not.
 

tacmehom

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
Just got a disappointment after buying a TDK inearphone(TH-ECXS250) from the PC Show which the salesman says its compatible with all Xperia phone.
Back home when I plug in the earphone, a message popped out "Accessory not Supported" :-(

Sianz man.... do you think they will let me change to another model if I bring it down for a exchange? Else this earphone is useless to me, zero sound from the phone.

FYI:
2011 line of Xperia Phones And 2012 line of Sony Phones are using different standard of earphone plug.
2011 Xperia using OMTP while 2012 Xperia using CTIA, which more common now on Iphone and HTC.
6990242249_5d0445bdba_o.jpg


Thus the TDK inearphone(TH-ECXS250) is not compatible with XS
7353741356_daa2823441_z.jpg


I was suffer with this matter when I switch from X10 to XS. The SE Livesound earphone not compatible with new XS.
Until I found this: And it make my Livesound work perfectly on XS. But doesn't look good.
7168531269_7b78f2eed2_z.jpg

Fiio LU1 3.5mm Smart Adapter Cable / OFC - FiiO Audio Products - Brands - Headphones & Amps


Yesterday bought this from PC show:
7353742456_fa9fb08e09_c.jpg

Case Logic - Level 6, Booth B2035 & B2050 (Sprint-Cass)
(dont expect good sound from this tho)

The Magic adapter work as good as FIIO LU1. And Perfect match with Livesound!
7168560881_13e237c883_z.jpg
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Ok guys,

I bear good news for those who dropped their phone~!!!!

You see, as some of you may know, my Nozomi had a sudden cardiac arrest last weekend, so I brought her in for servicing.

So since I was there already and knowing they would clear away my data, I asked them to help me change my LCD screen as well.

Within 5 working days, which is today, I was told that my Nozomi was ready to collect.

And when I went over, something took me by surprise, which is this:
IMG_20120608_145152.jpg


What does this mean, you might ask?

Well, I kinda accidentally dropped my phone a couple of months back (which led me to get a Rock casing from adix the following day), and in the end 2 corners were scratched and dented.

And now, as you can see from the picture, the deformities are gone~!

My Nozomi looked as good as new. Seems the sides and the botttom comes along with the LCD?

Probably why so far nobody reported this is that maybe those who changed LCD doesn't have any scratches that's why never notice the change? ._.

But I guess this trick can only be used once unless you unluckily get yellow tints again?

On the side note, as like someone who commented a few days ago here, the new screen, upon first use, looks sepia-ish in color. But after a while, the whites have gradually become really white.

Yes, the front module will be changed when you sent in for the replacement of LCD panel for your Xperia S.

I got a call to change the LCD due yellow tint but I rather wait for the bishan service centre to open instead of sending in now cos I have to wait about 7 days.
 

raintr33

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
2,317
Reaction score
379
It is known that during such shows, not all the salesmen know the products they are promoting. You should demand for an exchange in view of misinformation. Bring your phone to test when you do the exchange for another model.


Thanks to all for the support, and also detailed explanation from tacmehom.

I am happy to report that I was able to exchange the earphone for the TDK ECAS250 model, which miraculous works perfectly on XS. This model was advertised to work on all Galaxy and iPhone model :D

To me it appears like all the phone manufacturers are converging on a standard earphone plug, as what tacmehom had explained earlier too :s22: Good news if this is the case!

cheers!
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
What I dislike about Samsung is their software. My friend updated his notes and alot of apps keep crash -.- One of them is S Memo.

That I agree, in terms of software engineer, there is no doubt that Sony has better software engineer compared to other phone manufacturers as they are doing phone business longer than any phone manufacturers and they have a combination of both Japan and Sweden software engineers.

In terms of technology, Sony is way ahead of others as well just like their accessories and they are using lithium polymer batteries way ahead of other phone manufacturers.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top