The Official Xperia S thread

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,328
Reaction score
6,590
Drain your battery until cannot start. Then charge it until full.
 

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
8,158
Reaction score
2,050
To experienced Xperia S users :

Currently :

- Screen any issues? [ Read there was yellowish defects ? ]

- On the average, the battery could last how long ? [ if screen time 4 hrs possible? ]

- Comparison to other monster phone [ SGS3 and HoX ], how is XpS' multitasking ? [ Able to switch apps around with minimum noticeable lag? ]

- My friend gotten the P ver, and already it has its paint job dropping off after 2 months of purchase...... would this be an issue for the black version of XpS?


Thanks for any advisable input/ feedback from user usage after 2 months:s12:.
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
To experienced Xperia S users :

Currently :

- Screen any issues? [ Read there was yellowish defects ? ]

- On the average, the battery could last how long ? [ if screen time 4 hrs possible? ]

- Comparison to other monster phone [ SGS3 and HoX ], how is XpS' multitasking ? [ Able to switch apps around with minimum noticeable lag? ]

- My friend gotten the P ver, and already it has its paint job dropping off after 2 months of purchase...... would this be an issue for the black version of XpS?


Thanks for any advisable input/ feedback from user usage after 2 months:s12:.

oo paint on your XP drops?
u mean the black or silver color one?

x's I used before I now switch to s3
I find both battery after use seasoned it
it quite comoparwble
as both is different specs
one is dual core 1750mah battery normal LCD back lited panel screen but most sharpest and a epic camera vs s3
vs
one is quad core. 2100mah battery with amoled
but sharpest is 302dpi I recall vs x's is 342dpi
and a good sound chip
but x's found is not bad too
but what's is weakest link is the camera lor
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
x's is plastic with bank coating lor
offcoirse if u don't tskevcsre it will be bad too
ao use a cover pls if it a rough user even on the x's or even the s3 or one x too

xp is pure metal too
I suspect tour friend got the black XP right andnot the raw silver metal
 

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
8,158
Reaction score
2,050
oo paint on your XP drops?
u mean the black or silver color one?

x's I used before I now switch to s3
I find both battery after use seasoned it
it quite comoparwble
as both is different specs
one is dual core 1750mah battery normal LCD back lited panel screen but most sharpest and a epic camera vs s3
vs
one is quad core. 2100mah battery with amoled
but sharpest is 302dpi I recall vs x's is 342dpi
and a good sound chip
but x's found is not bad too
but what's is weakest link is the camera lor


but how you find the screen contrast and size?

In terms of feel, does SGS3 feel more "solid" or plasticy?

At the moment, im like SGS3, but after taking a closer look at Sony Xeperia S, their design seem like the choice.

@ friend's Xperia P, no, it was white/silver can see just another layer....


Sorry to be off topic, but pker88, right now, would you choose to go back Xperia S or sticking with SGS3?
I'm recontracting soon, and i wish to have a decent phone to last through out the years :s12:



P>S thanks for the fast and informative feedback.
 
Last edited:

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
no brad
well I sold my x's long ago haha
well before I got x's I use arc s
long due to it light and good cameras
but lacking in speed after upgrade to ics
then I to for x's
or overall x's speed is quite good vs s3
as off course not all application make full use of quad so have a decent dual core and 1gb ram is quite good

XP even on dual core 1ghz is surpicing fast too
as it on a new chip from site

and good cam vs s3

to answer your query I won't go back x's

as s3 suits me more as it more rounded and lighter
as my hand is smaller I need a rounded edge and lighter phone lor which is jobs of my concern too

x's only bad for me is the hard square edge and heavy if not it specs is quite good it the sharpest screen around

plus the bad is built-in battery and non expand storage is a bane

so id u can wait
I suggest go for xperia gx
the rumor next flagship
with L T E support as local telcos is launching it soon
for it mmore future proof over x's
id only U can wait

s3 is all plastic lor but feel OK to me
x's feel solid like XP due to no removable covers lor
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
screen viewing angle is s3 best
contrast is x's wins

ao if use for movie then s3 is better
I'm also surplice the new DSL chip for s3 is good
quite good sound quality
I even feel like replace my sony top of line
a series dap player with s3
but sure battery suffer

surpcs u say XP silver model will drop the color

I will say id u can wait until wait for Xperia gx
even I'm waiting for it
even. got s3
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,328
Reaction score
6,590
Most of the time, i have problem reading pker88 posts. :s22:

Maybe should preview first....before sending..
 

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
8,158
Reaction score
2,050
no brad
well I sold my x's long ago haha
well before I got x's I use arc s
long due to it light and good cameras
but lacking in speed after upgrade to ics
then I to for x's
or overall x's speed is quite good vs s3
as off course not all application make full use of quad so have a decent dual core and 1gb ram is quite good

XP even on dual core 1ghz is surpicing fast too
as it on a new chip from site

and good cam vs s3

to answer your query I won't go back x's

as s3 suits me more as it more rounded and lighter
as my hand is smaller I need a rounded edge and lighter phone lor which is jobs of my concern too

x's only bad for me is the hard square edge and heavy if not it specs is quite good it the sharpest screen around

plus the bad is built-in battery and non expand storage is a bane

so id u can wait
I suggest go for xperia gx
the rumor next flagship
with L T E support as local telcos is launching it soon
for it mmore future proof over x's
id only U can wait

s3 is all plastic lor but feel OK to me
x's feel solid like XP due to no removable covers lor

screen viewing angle is s3 best
contrast is x's wins

ao if use for movie then s3 is better
I'm also surplice the new DSL chip for s3 is good
quite good sound quality
I even feel like replace my sony top of line
a series dap player with s3
but sure battery suffer

surpcs u say XP silver model will drop the color

I will say id u can wait until wait for Xperia gx
even I'm waiting for it
even. got s3

R E A L L Y

THANK Y O U :D

but sadly, there's no date set for the launch of Xperia GX.
Regardless the number of cores, XGX has a decent screen size comparable to SGS3

If its within 2 month's time [ with release before this year end ], then i'll gladly wait for that:s12:

again, thanks alot for the honest review and feedback:o




P.S

Are you physically a smaller dude, or are you a lady......
as my hand is smaller I need a rounded edge and lighter phone lor which is jobs of my concern too
:o
 

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
8,158
Reaction score
2,050
Sony Xperia GX, should be release on Q3 2012.


wait 1 year = total 4 Q correct?

thus 12/4 = 3

Q1 = Jan~ March
Q2 = Apr~ Jun (currentt month)
Q3 = July~Sept
Q4 = Oct~Dec

When was Xperia S rumored, and when was it offically released?

If by the previous model of phones Sony pushes out, has been constant and stable, i do pray hard is well at Sept or earlier :s12:
 

CoolSilverRider

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
603
Reaction score
0
wait 1 year = total 4 Q correct?

thus 12/4 = 3

Q1 = Jan~ March
Q2 = Apr~ Jun (currentt month)
Q3 = July~Sept
Q4 = Oct~Dec

When was Xperia S rumored, and when was it offically released?

If by the previous model of phones Sony pushes out, has been constant and stable, i do pray hard is well at Sept or earlier :s12:

Sony Xperia S official released in Q1
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
hahha wait lor
if u can wait it worth it for Xperia gx
I just try 4g HTC one XL
at pcshow
it also running a dual core snapdragon as gx I recall
it still quite fast over singtel 4g
I will wait while I enjoy my s3 first hahah

Sept will be good time too
the next pcshow! !!
I can sign up for a starhub 4g plan and hoot gx hahah
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top