The Official Xperia S thread

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Like i said, the link had NO way related to hacking. Do you mind showing me any sigh that state it is hacking? I believe you cant. ;)
That is call firmware flashing. I do that...everyday in my job...and it is no way like you said...called hacking. ;)

If i have offended you, very sorry. :D

And yes, i am not a good guy. You are. Usually, people only remember the bad parts. :s13:

And no, i am not a kid... like you?? :D

Peace la.

I not good guy either. I hurt people too T_T

Yeah I'll forever be a kid till I die~

Okok peace~ +_+
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,323
Reaction score
6,586
hmm ok. Well like hush said, to me as long as it's not official, I don't wanna take risks. Not that I am a good boy lah, but then I will feel sian 1/2 if I have to spend money to repair it because they might claimed I screwed the phone up and damaged it so didn't wanna cover it under warranty.

At least you bother to explain it nicely :) unlike some irresponsible kid who thinks he can just act pro and throw sarcasms around just because he's a moderator -_-

He needs to grow up.

And I sense a ban coming up for me. Hurhurhur.

You will never learn...if you never take the first step. ;)

We all learn something... thru the hard way... thats how we gain knowledge. :D
 

xerome

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
612
Reaction score
25
question... if i flash my XS with the Generic Swiss update (SI: 1257-3740]... dose that mean that i'll be getting swiss updates in the future?
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
But seriously, I'm glad I went down to Bishan today. Saw the auntie that attended to me 2 years ago and she still remembers me~! Did abit of catching up with me updating her about what happened to 2 of her ex-colleague chiobus which I befriended back then.

Now trying to re-orientate myself cos it seems some interface is slightly off from my tablet's.

The phone's music player still is unable to play wma files though, which means I'm sticking to PowerAMP.

And yes, like some ravings on the net, I, too, find the slide-to-access-camera 4.0 function is abit redundant since the phone already has its ready-to-shoot function. I do miss the slide-to-silence function.

The screenshot is missing from the power menu, and since I haven't really played around with it yet, I presume it's gonna be accessed via the settings like my tablet's?

For those who are aiming to take it to service center to update, with the inevitable data wipe, I realized when I accessed Google Play's My Apps, the app automatically installs all the apps that I installed before.

Think shall leave more detailed findings from those who played around with it longer than me ba.
 

chongbh

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2000
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
But seriously, I'm glad I went down to Bishan today. Saw the auntie that attended to me 2 years ago and she still remembers me~! Did abit of catching up with me updating her about what happened to 2 of her ex-colleague chiobus which I befriended back then.

Now trying to re-orientate myself cos it seems some interface is slightly off from my tablet's.

The phone's music player still is unable to play wma files though, which means I'm sticking to PowerAMP.

And yes, like some ravings on the net, I, too, find the slide-to-access-camera 4.0 function is abit redundant since the phone already has its ready-to-shoot function. I do miss the slide-to-silence function.

The screenshot is missing from the power menu, and since I haven't really played around with it yet, I presume it's gonna be accessed via the settings like my tablet's?

For those who are aiming to take it to service center to update, with the inevitable data wipe, I realized when I accessed Google Play's My Apps, the app automatically installs all the apps that I installed before.

Think shall leave more detailed findings from those who played around with it longer than me ba.

For taking screen shots in ICS, you have to press the power button and volume down key together to take screen shots.

I do find a difference on the phonepad as I am a person who uses the phonepad rather than the qwerty keypad. It used to have the commar on the top left of the keypad and the T9 is much better in Gingerbread but it is different in ICS.
 

sharkapl

Master Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2006
Messages
4,862
Reaction score
0
if its really 198 then i might go buy tmr liao...wait for ION until sian liao, dotn even know price and the GX even worst dont even know when and will we even get it:(

anyone know if M1 also drop price
 
Last edited:

fredrick

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
280
Reaction score
0
But seriously, I'm glad I went down to Bishan today. Saw the auntie that attended to me 2 years ago and she still remembers me~! Did abit of catching up with me updating her about what happened to 2 of her ex-colleague chiobus which I befriended back then.

Now trying to re-orientate myself cos it seems some interface is slightly off from my tablet's.

The phone's music player still is unable to play wma files though, which means I'm sticking to PowerAMP.

And yes, like some ravings on the net, I, too, find the slide-to-access-camera 4.0 function is abit redundant since the phone already has its ready-to-shoot function. I do miss the slide-to-silence function.

The screenshot is missing from the power menu, and since I haven't really played around with it yet, I presume it's gonna be accessed via the settings like my tablet's?

For those who are aiming to take it to service center to update, with the inevitable data wipe, I realized when I accessed Google Play's My Apps, the app automatically installs all the apps that I installed before.

Think shall leave more detailed findings from those who played around with it longer than me ba.

Bro how long does it take to upgrade to 4.0 over at bishan service centre?
 

hush66

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
6,703
Reaction score
0
question... if i flash my XS with the Generic Swiss update (SI: 1257-3740]... dose that mean that i'll be getting swiss updates in the future?

Yes. But normally, Sony releases updates worldwide. Seldom do they release updates for selected firmwares only.

Can anyone teach me how to update to 4.0?

You have the following options:
(1) Go to Bishan Service Centre and ask the staff to update for you.
(2) Wait for the update to be released via PC Companion.
(3) Flash the Swiss firmware by following the instructions here

And yes, like some ravings on the net, I, too, find the slide-to-access-camera 4.0 function is abit redundant since the phone already has its ready-to-shoot function. I do miss the slide-to-silence function.

Someone in XDA mentioned that you can simply hold the Power button in lockscreen mode to access the options to turn phone to silent / vibrate / ringtone on.
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Someone in XDA mentioned that you can simply hold the Power button in lockscreen mode to access the options to turn phone to silent / vibrate / ringtone on.

For taking screen shots in ICS, you have to press the power button and volume down key together to take screen shots.

I do find a difference on the phonepad as I am a person who uses the phonepad rather than the qwerty keypad. It used to have the commar on the top left of the keypad and the T9 is much better in Gingerbread but it is different in ICS.

Thanks, guys~!!
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Bro how long does it take to upgrade to 4.0 over at bishan service centre?

Sorry was busy customizing and tuning my phone... Standard for them is 2 hours.

Haha I was like, "Eh if the update is available for DIY I'd take less than 1/2hr updating it at home leh" to the auntie, and she shot back saying you think same process over here meh?

Lol. Anyway 2 hours easy to pass by. Just walk walk around do some window-shopping or see girls time will fly past easily.

Or just go to the National Library to read some books. =D
 

fredrick

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
280
Reaction score
0
Yes. But normally, Sony releases updates worldwide. Seldom do they release updates for selected firmwares only.



You have the following options:
(1) Go to Bishan Service Centre and ask the staff to update for you.
(2) Wait for the update to be released via PC Companion.
(3) Flash the Swiss firmware by following the instructions here



Someone in XDA mentioned that you can simply hold the Power button in lockscreen mode to access the options to turn phone to silent / vibrate / ringtone on.

I had try the link but whenever I click download on the
Flash tool... Nothing happen leh. So I think must try the other two option.. Thx bro
 

hush66

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
6,703
Reaction score
0
I had try the link but whenever I click download on the
Flash tool... Nothing happen leh. So I think must try the other two option.. Thx bro

You need to sign up for a minus account first, before you can download. Once you signed up and logged in, click on the "From flashtool-0.8.0.0-windows (1 Item)" link on the bottom left, and then the "Download all" link on the top. The download should then start.
 

fredrick

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
280
Reaction score
0
You need to sign up for a minus account first, before you can download. Once you signed up and logged in, click on the "From flashtool-0.8.0.0-windows (1 Item)" link on the bottom left, and then the "Download all" link on the top. The download should then start.

Ok... Shall try tmr.. Thx bro
 

yxyxx8

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
8,783
Reaction score
280
YAY finally (after thinking 3 months) bought the SXS, and upgraded to ICS right after charging the phone.
2012+-+5
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top