The Official Xperia S thread

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
I think buy case also must buy the transparent one lor. If not it defeats the point of the transparent bar.
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
agreed test why I get a clear case
see my report from Japan thread haha
I'm already prepared for it
 

jeffong

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,203
Reaction score
1,258
20120225_190542.jpg


Anyone else tried the actual demo unit at the Suntec Sony Days exhibition?
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
20120225_190542.jpg


Anyone else tried the actual demo unit at the Suntec Sony Days exhibition?

If the picture is yours, does that means you went?
Did you bug them to reveal the release date?

I think I will go tomorrow then
 

jeffong

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,203
Reaction score
1,258
was there?

Yeah.. you had to ask since they kept it inside the cupboard. The live set was black but they also had the white dummy unit. However, they claimed that the dummy unit did not have the anti-stain coating after I remarked that it had a lot of black marks on it.

In terms of overall usability, it's definitely faster than my old Arc but could still feel the lag which is probably attributed to the Sony add-on UI. The camera images looks great but had no chance to try it's night scene capabilities. Tried doing video capturing at 1080p mode and could detect the slight jerkiness. 1080p video playback over HDMI looks great and at least the audio playback via the headphone jack is reasonable unlike the Galaxy devices. Overall, I still find the Arc to be sleeker in the looks department but that's just my opinion. Probably not used to the rubbery surface.

According to the promoter, it will be launched during the upcoming IT show. No pricing is available though. U guys still have tomorrow to check it out at Suntec.

P.S. My kids snagged 3 Android toys which they were giving out as well. Many designs to choose from.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
Yeah.. you had to ask since they kept it inside the cupboard. The live set was black but they also had the white dummy unit. However, they claimed that the dummy unit did not have the anti-stain coating after I remarked that it had a lot of black marks on it.

In terms of overall usability, it's definitely faster than my old Arc but could still feel the lag which is probably attributed to the Sony add-on UI. The camera images looks great but had no chance to try it's night scene capabilities. Tried doing video capturing at 1080p mode and could detect the slight jerkiness. 1080p video playback over HDMI looks great and at least the audio playback via the headphone jack is reasonable unlike the Galaxy devices. Overall, I still find the Arc to be sleeker in the looks department but that's just my opinion. Probably not used to the rubbery surface.

According to the promoter, it will be launched during the upcoming IT show. No pricing is available though. U guys still have tomorrow to check it out at Suntec.

P.S. My kids snagged 3 Android toys which they were giving out as well. Many designs to choose from.

Best part about Android? Just use another launcher if the one included sucks. :D
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Yeah.. you had to ask since they kept it inside the cupboard. The live set was black but they also had the white dummy unit. However, they claimed that the dummy unit did not have the anti-stain coating after I remarked that it had a lot of black marks on it.

In terms of overall usability, it's definitely faster than my old Arc but could still feel the lag which is probably attributed to the Sony add-on UI. The camera images looks great but had no chance to try it's night scene capabilities. Tried doing video capturing at 1080p mode and could detect the slight jerkiness. 1080p video playback over HDMI looks great and at least the audio playback via the headphone jack is reasonable unlike the Galaxy devices. Overall, I still find the Arc to be sleeker in the looks department but that's just my opinion. Probably not used to the rubbery surface.

According to the promoter, it will be launched during the upcoming IT show. No pricing is available though. U guys still have tomorrow to check it out at Suntec.

P.S. My kids snagged 3 Android toys which they were giving out as well. Many designs to choose from.

Whoa. So that means it's not preorder at the I.T. Show, but the launch instead! Great news indeed!

Which means next next weekend I I own it~!!!
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
hahahahah buy buy buy
the most jar use a cover to protect the back cover lor
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Whoa. So that means it's not preorder at the I.T. Show, but the launch instead! Great news indeed!

Which means next next weekend I I own it~!!!

If thats true then we will see pre-order next week. :D
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top