The Official Xperia S thread

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
I'm a portable audiophile, never leaving home without my primary earphone (for the record, none of those Beats rubbish), kinda the wrong person to ask >_>

In terms of speaker loudness, both the arc S and XS are very similar to one another

If it means anything though, the XS does sound a little flatter VS the slightly more nasally sound coming out of the arc S

I not a fan of Beats rubbish too. I stay with my klipsch.
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
I oso whana know the sound quality of the headset. Itz important to me cuz i've had problems listening to the other party when in a crowded noisy environment with some phones. XperiaBlog's preview say the volume lower then compared to the Arc S. Didn't make any calls with the Arc S b4 so oso dunno how loud~

So i guess my question is, how would u compare the call volume of the XS against the iphone4/4s or the N8?

ya this is curious too I also have read abt this before call volume is softer as I like my arc s volume quite loud solid
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
will x's batt be worst than ghw worse on the new galaxy nexus meh? hahah
I think normally user is
fb
surf net
whatsppl
and random camera shooting
as viewing video on any phone is ujderstanaable will drain batt like water
 

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
The sound quality of the included headset is nothing much to speak of, it's pretty much rubbish IMO

Better stick to quality headphones and earphones when using the phone

I'm using the Earsonics SM3 myself

Pretty much seals away environmental noise, so phonecalls are of zero issue. I do however, have to talk into the phone like a walkie talkie

Mom has no issues picking up what I say on her side of the phone however
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
The sound quality of the included headset is nothing much to speak of, it's pretty much rubbish IMO

Better stick to quality headphones and earphones when using the phone

I'm using the Earsonics SM3 myself

Pretty much seals away environmental noise, so phonecalls are of zero issue. I do however, have to talk into the phone like a walkie talkie

Mom has no issues picking up what I say on her side of the phone however

bro zep what about the x's call volume when u make a call and. u put the phone on your ear to listen is the volume same as arc s ?
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
will x's batt be worst than ghw worse on the new galaxy nexus meh? hahah
I think normally user is
fb
surf net
whatsppl
and random camera shooting
as viewing video on any phone is ujderstanaable will drain batt like water

Sometime i need to read ur replies a few times :s22: :s22:
 

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
bro zep what about the x's call volume when u make a call and. u put the phone on your ear to listen is the volume same as arc s ?

I only made a call like that once, it was loud enough for my ears

Wanna come down and test it out again? Consumer opinion is always more valid than my own =)
 

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Updating the firmware on my phone right now, will keep you guys updated of any major changes
 

littlehitsuji

Senior Member
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
0
How long do u use the phone for before it starts to get hot? :o

Dislike having to use phones which heat up fast, especially when making a call..
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
I only made a call like that once, it was loud enough for my ears

Wanna come down and test it out again? Consumer opinion is always more valid than my own =)

ooo u today at amk until what time bro?
whatbaout tmr?
 

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
I'm not much of a phone talker, not a believer in talking over long periods of time with it

That said, the XS never gets hot for me, lukewarm at the very most, even during a graphically intensive game like Backstab from gameloft

Hmm, I'll be in till 8pm in AMK Hub today, and tomorrow's probably the only day I'll get a break in a while, so I'll be either chhillaxing, or putting together an 8MP Exmor R FM VS 12MP Exmor R FM video, with full image crops maybe
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,777
Reaction score
2,399
I'm not much of a phone talker, not a believer in talking over long periods of time with it

That said, the XS never gets hot for me, lukewarm at the very most, even during a graphically intensive game like Backstab from gameloft

Hmm, I'll be in till 8pm in AMK Hub today, and tomorrow's probably the only day I'll get a break in a while, so I'll be either chhillaxing, or putting together an 8MP Exmor R FM VS 12MP Exmor R FM video, with full image crops maybe

Zeph bro, which part in amk hub can i find you?
 

littlehitsuji

Senior Member
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
0
I'm not much of a phone talker, not a believer in talking over long periods of time with it

That said, the XS never gets hot for me, lukewarm at the very most, even during a graphically intensive game like Backstab from gameloft

Alrighty, thanks for the info! :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top