The Official Xperia S thread

gab123

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2005
Messages
1,403
Reaction score
0
was there when it open. not much people at 6range. saw the blue eye gal, keep on asking me buy the phone but when she saw my phone, she ask me buy other stuff so no choice bought the tpu case from her at $28, which i beleive can get from outside at less than $8
 

gab123

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2005
Messages
1,403
Reaction score
0
dsc0018dv.jpg

took tis when at sands, before going to titanic exibition. made the lotus look like plastic
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,330
Reaction score
6,592
was there when it open. not much people at 6range. saw the blue eye gal, keep on asking me buy the phone but when she saw my phone, she ask me buy other stuff so no choice bought the tpu case from her at $28, which i beleive can get from outside at less than $8

She ask me buy i will also buy... :s34: :s34:
 

gab123

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2005
Messages
1,403
Reaction score
0
dsc0003dx.jpg

snipe tis at titanic first class cabin. tot of testing camera there but no photography so no choice must snipe
 

cttan456

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
704
Reaction score
0
Singtel also have liao on their website.


Flexi Lite: $368
Flexu Value: $218

Plus some free gifts like LiveDock (What's that?) and Logitech wireless keyboard (huh? Can connect to phone?).

Also get a chance to win round ticket from Tiger Airways.


:zotto::zotto:

Yup, the livedock connects to the phone's microusb port and on the livedock there is a full sized usb port for connecting usb devices. You can even connect a keyboard and mouse combo wireless desktop.
 

takumee

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
1,719
Reaction score
0
u take a look at samsung note white, iphone white..

all can fetch higher than the standard colours...
 

adix_82

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
16,223
Reaction score
0
Everyone buy till so happy. I so wanna help push push. I got new batch of white xperia s arriving soon. Maybe can do a special deal for bro who are keen. Contact me for more details.
 

globalzorian

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2012
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Just got mine, too, from the IT show at $368. I switched over to SingTel from StarHub. Yes, SH Q is never-ending and I don't like their package. I even gave up the $100 recontract voucher! Hopefully, it was a good decision. No turning back now. I got myself a white one!

Goodbye and out!
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Just got mine, too, from the IT show at $368. I switched over to SingTel from StarHub. Yes, SH Q is never-ending and I don't like their package. I even gave up the $100 recontract voucher! Hopefully, it was a good decision. No turning back now. I got myself a white one!

Goodbye and out!

Im switching from laghub too. The data speed is mostly slow, no freebies at IT show & up top 199 for ps vita. Its only good for those who want ps vita. White XS, here I come! :D
 

centauri61

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2008
Messages
1,008
Reaction score
0
There's no MSC Mode, but it's no deal breaker, just one extra click to reading the phone as a memory card overall

xsmtp01.jpg


xsmtp02.jpg


xsmtp03.jpg


Internal storage

genericinternals.jpg
nice pics!

the signs reception of this phone is excellent. on mrt, got 2 stretches where I pass through, other phones cut off signal when passing through, this phone signal didn't get cut off. :eek:

as for mtp, the advantages I find so far is faster file transfer and ability to use the phone content even when the computer is accessing the files. downside is the phone will stutter when file transfers are carried out, and mtp won't work on os which doesn't support mtp.

bros with mtp, i can see that the folders are more or less all present in zeth's post... so copying mp3s and jpgs is no problem in win7... but does the internal file system allow all file extensions and can we copy large files >4-8Gb in size over? thanks!
 
Last edited:

lucianara

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Early bird premiums?

Anyone know what early bird premiums is Sony giving if purchase Xperia S from them?
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
OMGGGGG :love: :love: soooo pretty! The jap keyboard is in hiragana or..? Did u have to download that keyboard or was it preloaded?

だろう?

It's just sooooo matching with the white set. And because of this, I abandoned my Momotaros' ringtone of 4 years to Sieg's (well, Sieg is a white colored Imajin and his summoning tone fits the theme too)

The QWERTY keyboard you'll just have to type out its Romanji pronunciation and there will be lists of choices of words in hiragana, katakana and kanji characters for you.

Alternatively, you can change the keyboard to the numberpad version, which is a standard for normal Japanese cellphones. Added in Nozomi is the ability to write the words on the screen.

The keyboard, of course, is preloaded! This is exactly why I support SONY eversince I found out this function on Rachael. With a Japanese keyboard, you can download and install japanese emoticon (dubbed as kaomoji) templates and libraries like this --> (^3^)/ rather than the usual smileys we use.

There are a couple of skins available in the phone itself for you to personalize (like I am using the Sakura skin for my Japanese keyboard).

There are a few variety of skins to select from the market too, but it doesn't support our country. I am guessing it is only exclusively for Japanese users.

Oh by the way, last night when I was using the Android Market for the first time, it disappeared after that, icon and all, and evolved into this thing called Google Play Store

0.o
 

Chevalier

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
5,035
Reaction score
885
pulled the trigger.....now i must say im loving this combo of a phone and my tab 7.7.......

screw those fruity phone users :p.........now give me my ice cream sandwich
 

lucianara

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
だろう?

It's just sooooo matching with the white set. And because of this, I abandoned my Momotaros' ringtone of 4 years to Sieg's (well, Sieg is a white colored Imajin and his summoning tone fits the theme too)

The QWERTY keyboard you'll just have to type out its Romanji pronunciation and there will be lists of choices of words in hiragana, katakana and kanji characters for you.

Alternatively, you can change the keyboard to the numberpad version, which is a standard for normal Japanese cellphones. Added in Nozomi is the ability to write the words on the screen.

The keyboard, of course, is preloaded! This is exactly why I support SONY eversince I found out this function on Rachael. With a Japanese keyboard, you can download and install japanese emoticon (dubbed as kaomoji) templates and libraries like this --> (^3^)/ rather than the usual smileys we use.

There are a couple of skins available in the phone itself for you to personalize (like I am using the Sakura skin for my Japanese keyboard).

There are a few variety of skins to select from the market too, but it doesn't support our country. I am guessing it is only exclusively for Japanese users.

Oh by the way, last night when I was using the Android Market for the first time, it disappeared after that, icon and all, and evolved into this thing called Google Play Store

0.o

Google Play is a new platform where Google finally combines all Android apps, music, books etc into one portal. Just released yesterday. Nothing much changed yet so SG still only have access to apps. Can google to check out.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top