The Official Xperia S thread

cyberac

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
510
Reaction score
2
Re

Just got my Xperia S (black) yesterday at the IT show, boy was it crowded though. My first Sony phone but I've been impressed with their designs for a while since the Arc and Neo series.

Although the Xperia S most likely won't win any benchmark contests, I'm not too bothered about it. After all, this benchmark comparison thing is neverending. I like what Sony has done with the interface though, especially the widget that allows you to change settings like turning on and off your wifi, gps, data services, seems that they have put quite a bit of thought into it and the timescape and all is very nice.

Currently charging the phone on its first charge now. Can't wait to get my music and videos into the phone.

Btw, does anyone have any good screen protector and casings to recommend?
 

kaby

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
hi guys, i need some inputs from sony xperia users.
i'm planning to recontract my phone and i'm deciding between xperia s vs galaxy nexus. at the moment i'm leaning towards the nexus, cuz it already has ice cream sandwich. anybody wud like to say why i should get the xperia s instead? (Other than the fact that it is slightly cheaper)
 

adix_82

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
16,223
Reaction score
0
hi guys, i need some inputs from sony xperia users.
i'm planning to recontract my phone and i'm deciding between xperia s vs galaxy nexus. at the moment i'm leaning towards the nexus, cuz it already has ice cream sandwich. anybody wud like to say why i should get the xperia s instead? (Other than the fact that it is slightly cheaper)

Not much reason.. Once u get nexus, it's just another phone. Once u get Xperia s, u will get a few more glance by ppl ard u. Then they will silently keep their phone away and show an envy face with eyes asking u... What is that beautiful phone u are holding?
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
hi guys, i need some inputs from sony xperia users.
i'm planning to recontract my phone and i'm deciding between xperia s vs galaxy nexus. at the moment i'm leaning towards the nexus, cuz it already has ice cream sandwich. anybody wud like to say why i should get the xperia s instead? (Other than the fact that it is slightly cheaper)

if you want fast and alot od updates and don't mind plain Android OS, Nexuses are for you. If you want chio phones with great interface and good Japanese support and multimedia abilities, Xperias are for you.

Speaking from someone whose tablet is running Ice Cream Sandwich already, I'd say besides being able to manage your multi running apps, better calendar and a chio animation, nothing much is missed.

Droid phones are basically for people who wants a phone that suits their character and lifestyle, unlike iamalamePhones. You'll have to google around for reviews and consider their individual pros and cons and see what suits you best.

We can only advice you this much. At the end of the day, you are responsible for your own choice.

And remember. You'll have to accept the cons if you want to get that phone, if not you'll regret and whine about it later.
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Btw, does anyone have any good screen protector and casings to recommend?

You should have bought the screen protector from them, and see enjoy watching the cutie applying for you.

Costs $28, but the material and durability is worth the sum.
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
nvm, i'm confused like hell... another post said that the factory applied one is actually a "scratch resistant film"...

doesn't that equate to being a screen protector? haha

mine's still charging... haven't even peel off the factory sticker yet...

we'll see what others say lor...

Whichever it is, Xperias all come in with that pre-applied film. But Xperia users will still get another layer of protector on it.

By the way, that film is very hard to get off. So I wouldn't risk having it scratched if I were you
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
wah damn i apply already.....i actually wanna use this temp until something better comes along.......lol

Update: after google-ing apparently every xperia set since last year comes out with this "screen protector" but it is actually a shatterproof film, meaning to say that if u drop ur phone, it will "hold it together" so that it wont shatter like our fruity friends.

evidently it is VERY scratch prone

lots of people take it out and apply their own sp also..

just for info sharing :D

Hmmm... not last year. Rachael's debut was 2 years ago
 

potNPan

Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
472
Reaction score
5
I just noticed from seeing some pictures, putting a case on the phone means you can no longer get that cool effect of seeing your fingers behind the translucent strip (yes yes, I know this is obvious but I didn't think of it). Now I'm conflicted on whether or not to get a case.
 

scubyti

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
996
Reaction score
0
I just noticed from seeing some pictures, putting a case on the phone means you can no longer get that cool effect of seeing your fingers behind the translucent strip (yes yes, I know this is obvious but I didn't think of it). Now I'm conflicted on whether or not to get a case.

i decided not to get a casing for few reasons;

1. making it heavier
2. covering the translucent strip
3. the back cover replacement is not expensive to replace i believe(highest tendency to be scrateched.)
4. excuse to change phone next year. :s13:
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,323
Reaction score
6,586
Thanks adix82. If not I rushing for time, else will stay and chat with u a bit longer.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,323
Reaction score
6,586
No choice. I pass my iPhone 4s to my gd buddy cause her phone spoil. Not much choice for my replacement phone. iPhone still quite ex so the next best phone is Xperia S liao. No way I buying any amoled based phone!!
 

scubyti

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
996
Reaction score
0
No choice. I pass my iPhone 4s to my gd buddy cause her phone spoil. Not much choice for my replacement phone. iPhone still quite ex so the next best phone is Xperia S liao. No way I buying any amoled based phone!!

white or black this time?:D
spack you if you bought white...=:p

yea, amoled is not for me too... the somehow yellow tint on the screen make me feel weird but that's only me...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top