The Official Xperia S thread

blacksmith

Reaction score
Anyone feels the speakerphone in-call volume is too soft? I have set the in-call volume to max.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
rssd21, maybe u wanna share with us what settings did u do?

Example what did u off and disable etc.

And what settings did u on and enable..

Thanks!

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just did a ss on my phone...

1b1a2c3f.png

85f4ad46.png

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
While I was on HTC Sensation, there is this option to always enable mobile data option with a tick but in Xperia S, I cant find that option. Or did I miss it out somewhere?

chunxi

Reaction score
While I was on HTC Sensation, there is this option to always enable mobile data option with a tick but in Xperia S, I cant find that option. Or did I miss it out somewhere?

there is a widget on one of the home page, or you can go Settings/Wireless/Mobile Network

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
there is a widget on one of the home page, or you can go Settings/Wireless/Mobile Network
I did go to mobile network .. i didnt see that option as I thought its a standard option in all Android mobiles ...

I'm not looking for the data enable option but to 'Always enable mobile data' as in when u're talking on your set, your 3G data download in the background is still downloading.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

its proprietary to HTC I believe. with it unchecked, it allows data traffic at certain fixed intervals which helps battery life, but I turned it on on my xl as it causes some apps like weather updates not to work properly if unticked. u can try finding those battery saver apps if u need it.

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
its proprietary to HTC I believe. with it unchecked, it allows data traffic at certain fixed intervals which helps battery life, but I turned it on on my xl as it causes some apps like weather updates not to work properly if unticked. u can try finding those battery saver apps if u need it.
don't think its proprietary since I saw that option on Samsung Galaxy S2 also but oh well I guess that contributes to the battery drain in Xperia S

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rssd21, maybe u wanna share with us what settings did u do?

Example what did u off and disable etc.

And what settings did u on and enable..

Thanks!

Nothing special. Just switch off data & wifi when idle, with a few stock apps running in background. About 450mb free memory. WCDMA network only. :D

fredrick

Reaction score
sms preview

hi all.. i m new to android..
few qns i need to ask
1.can the sms notification only show the "message from sender" instead of the message details? meaning off the preview.

2.can i send group sms n create a sms group?

3.can i set the wallpaper to one particular home screen instead of spreading the wallpaper to the 5 home screen?

4.do u guys feel that the ringing n sms tone is soft?

thanks for reading

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all.. i m new to android..
few qns i need to ask
1.can the sms notification only show the "message from sender" instead of the message details? meaning off the preview.

2.can i send group sms n create a sms group?

3.can i set the wallpaper to one particular home screen instead of spreading the wallpaper to the 5 home screen?

4.do u guys feel that the ringing n sms tone is soft?

thanks for reading

hello

1. yes.

2. yes and I don't know about creating a group.

3. not that I know of, but I can suggest creating a full pic with 5 different images in it with photoshop.

4. nope. the volume depends on your file's. if you want you can use a sound editing software to make it louder

=D

tridious

Reaction score
hi guys i've got a question here..does anyone knows how to set the thumbnails previews in the stock gallery app?..it keeps showing several folders that contained cached images from browser and apps...is it possible to hide those folders? any help is appreciated. thanks!

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys i've got a question here..does anyone knows how to set the thumbnails previews in the stock gallery app?..it keeps showing several folders that contained cached images from browser and apps...is it possible to hide those folders? any help is appreciated. thanks!

use quick pic appls
is alot faster and better than the stock picture preview

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I'm a bit puzzle on changing wallpaper.. Cos the "cropping" part seems like a restriction. Or I have to change the resolution of the picture first?

the software requires you to crop it proportionately.
I always use photoshop to set the proportion first haha

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you'll have to apply .nomedia files into the folders you don't wish to see.

You can do a google on '.nomedia' =)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.