The Official Xperia S thread

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone noticed facebook timeline is 'fixed'? I don't remember updating anything. Automatic updates are turned off for everything on my phone. Just yesterday morning kenna DCed from facebook, login and noticed timeline's back o_O

It has been fixed for me too, and I didn't update the app at all.

anpanbun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya but it should give me the option of select text what

I know what you mean. Just tried it on my phone. You just have to try again when that happens, e select text doesn't come up after e paste option

xerome

Reaction score
It has been fixed for me too, and I didn't update the app at all.

Makes you wonder if there's this auto update thing your phone does without your attention...

What's left is this lil UI bug when you click on the notification tab on the top, this little window pops up. The black arrow on top of it is suppose to be pointed at the notification button but its pointed at the menu button all the way to the left for some reasons lol.. But with timeline fixed i'm happy liao =P

Last edited:

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha hmm bro rssd your Xs stil not reparied yet?
aiyor
mght as well sell it off and hoot a Xpeira T hahah

Sounds like a good idea. Wait till my neck long long and still no response from service centre. They promised to call back after I called twice. :spin:

teh__o

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Just tried it on my phone. You just have to try again when that happens, e select text doesn't come up after e paste option
ya, must try a few times. last time just tap tap only, so much easier~

Sounds like a good idea. Wait till my neck long long and still no response from service centre. They promised to call back after I called twice. :spin:

rss korkor waiting for so long already...time to get new phone >.<

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Sony really need to wake up on their service provided locally.

teh__o

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do you think it's because many problems with this phone that st phased out it so fast? previously they didnt phase out older models even when they had new ones coming up

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do you think it's because many problems with this phone that st phased out it so fast? previously they didnt phase out older models even when they had new ones coming up

what st?
u means the st ericcson novatec dualcore 1ghz chip on xperia u and P?

I find the novatec chip is subpar compare to xS chip as now got better chip too

sony should update this phone with s4 qualcoom
as Sammy quad and their latest dualcore just launch seem like Sammy create a more energy efficiency dualcore to match qualcomm

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

I think its the many models already in development that is killing the XS.

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hahaha from the way I see u already neck long enough
to warrent some action
so u fall back to arc s?

or might as well sell xs before it value drop even worst and wait for xprria T or hayabusa liao
lucky I dump my XS but lucky mine Xs no major issue just u all know my reason hhhaa
now happy user of s3 even thought it camera sucks vs even my arc s

this is the only turn off
hahaha with note2 looming
and sony still taking it own sweet time to launch high end specs to get mote share

geck072

Reaction score
Help : Battery drains like mad...

Hi. I got a used Xperia S few weeks ago. Its on ICS. The battery life is terrible - from full charged to zero in 6 hours!!

Can anyone advise what i can do to improve the battery life?

Had a similar issue with my Galaxy S2 as well.. :(

hunter129

Reaction score
Hi. I got a used Xperia S few weeks ago. Its on ICS. The battery life is terrible - from full charged to zero in 6 hours!!

Can anyone advise what i can do to improve the battery life?

Had a similar issue with my Galaxy S2 as well.. :(

Maybe you can try battery saver app to toggle 3G HSPA Data usage ?

1) Toggle data, use when needed
2) Reduce screen brightness (< 50%)
3) Switch off Mobile Bravia Engine (Helps to save A LOT of battery power IMO)
4) Prolong battery life with 2G GPRS data usage if most common app is Whatsapp and normal phone use (Phone calls and SMS).

Hope these tips helps. :D

P.S: Got 10 ~ 15 hours on each charge cycle for my Xperia S based on these tips.

Last edited:

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rss korkor waiting for so long already...time to get new phone >.<

Yes. Its starting to get on my nerves, yellowish bits and parts of the screen while surfing the web. :s22:

Sony really need to wake up on their service provided locally.

Too busy releasing their new phones to bother with after-sales service. :D

hahaha from the way I see u already neck long enough
to warrent some action
so u fall back to arc s?

or might as well sell xs before it value drop even worst and wait for xprria T or hayabusa liao
lucky I dump my XS but lucky mine Xs no major issue just u all know my reason hhhaa
now happy user of s3 even thought it camera sucks vs even my arc s

this is the only turn off
hahaha with note2 looming
and sony still taking it own sweet time to launch high end specs to get mote share

So I dump xs then I use what phone? Then buy one more & dump it for mint/gx again? If my previous arc s are still in good condition, I would have skip xs altogether. :s12:

stinktel lor

And laghub & mockery1. :s13:

hafeezur

Reaction score
MIUI on your XperiaS

Just curious whether anybody has tried the latest MIUI on their XS? I kind of like the new look.

teh__o

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Its starting to get on my nerves, yellowish bits and parts of the screen while surfing the web. :s22:

So I dump xs then I use what phone? Then buy one more & dump it for mint/gx again? If my previous arc s are still in good condition, I would have skip xs altogether. :s12:

but you never use the phone you also dont know it's like that. ya, the after sales svc cmi
mockery :s13: almost saw monkey :D

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Too busy releasing their new phones to bother with after-sales service. :D

if sony soo cmi
go sammy lor
aahhaha
:s13::s13::s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.