The Official Xperia S thread

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
I saw so many people complained on Sony SG's facebook page and they literally do nothing about it. Last time I went to Junction 8 to get my phone replaced and they were pretty rude toward me too :(.

How did they treat you? You are the customer, you should be the one to be raise your voice and be nasty. :s13:
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
I saw so many people complained on Sony SG's facebook page and they literally do nothing about it. Last time I went to Junction 8 to get my phone replaced and they were pretty rude toward me too :(.

aiyor another bad review hahaha

hope new sony model they improved it more on the repair. cte
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
too bad bro
Ir time to move on
mobile phone wont last u 10yrs hahaha
time to look for a new phone and sell it
better sell within this mth
as new sony looming
plus iphone5 and note 2

as now xs value has drops quite some liao or u wait longer if become no value

Although the xs is branded as sony, it is actually the legacy of SE so its value diminish quite fast compare to other phones.

Yeah, now sony gets it right with the latest hardware (not counting LG with S4 quad-core) and good design like TX and V.

The thing they still dont get it - information about availability, as analysed by the xperiablog. As a phone maker, when you announced a new product you should also announce the release date.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/09/14/where-apple-gets-it-right/
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
hahaha now u wanna compare specs
sony all along spec is outdated hahaha

lg even with latest quad it still one or the worst
remmebe lg on first dualcore or still a flop so lg is not even on same league as Sammy or HTC or sony

sony on s4 qualcomm is not latest liao lor it just a late comer

what sony to me is better camera and design lor specs wise is not on the top any more

ya sony all along.value is one of the low ranking. so if u don't like it better dump fast
if u like it then ok lor keep it
like I keep my arc s till I upgrade it hahaha

as for launch date well the logistics maybe not as good on sony side to official say a date unlike Sammy or apple lor
always delay one

same for sony others products maybe it just too japan mkt first still play a part lor
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
so now hope sony will Buck up more on their later paer of the year for their new models or not also no comments too
as iphone5 and Sammy
 

BiDuSoft

Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2012
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
How did they treat you? You are the customer, you should be the one to be raise your voice and be nasty. :s13:

The auntie didn't really care about what I had to say, I asked her questions about the repair process and how long it will take and she kept on finding ways to end the conversation.

Then in the end, she gave me a crappy candy bar phone (the model is I think K580i something). I objected because I was using a smartphone, why did I have to downgrade to a crappy phone like that ? Then I asked her why did I have to wait 1 month to get my Xperia S repaired ? She told me that I either take it or leave it since they don't have the LCD parts right now.

I was really pissed at that point but I explained to her that for Samsung or Apple I normally get replaced right away if they don't have the parts in house to replace my phone. Even HTC only makes me wait at most 1-2 weeks to get my phone repaired. Then she told me that I can speak to her manager if I have further issues.

Of course, I called and complained the next day and they finally agreed to replace my Xperia S with a new phone for me. Needless to say, even though I love my Xperia S, I really think twice about buying another Sony now :(.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,315
Reaction score
6,578
Samsung won't replace. They will fix it on the spot. They have enough spare parts.

Apple replace you with another refush model.

Sony replace a brand new one for u. I think that is quite good liao.
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
hahaha now u wanna compare specs
sony all along spec is outdated hahaha

lg even with latest quad it still one or the worst
remmebe lg on first dualcore or still a flop so lg is not even on same league as Sammy or HTC or sony

sony on s4 qualcomm is not latest liao lor it just a late comer

what sony to me is better camera and design lor specs wise is not on the top any more

ya sony all along.value is one of the low ranking. so if u don't like it better dump fast
if u like it then ok lor keep it
like I keep my arc s till I upgrade it hahaha

as for launch date well the logistics maybe not as good on sony side to official say a date unlike Sammy or apple lor
always delay one

same for sony others products maybe it just too japan mkt first still play a part lor

S4 is still new and it is better than any Quad Core processor used in S3 or HTC, more cores does not mean it is good and it is definitely more battery hungry for more cores. What matters are the processing speed and benchmark performance.

In terms of specs, Sony might not have the best but they are still strong on their Camera, Music quality and now of course, their display with the BRAVIA Engine.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
hahaha now u wanna compare specs
sony all along spec is outdated hahaha

lg even with latest quad it still one or the worst
remmebe lg on first dualcore or still a flop so lg is not even on same league as Sammy or HTC or sony

sony on s4 qualcomm is not latest liao lor it just a late comer

what sony to me is better camera and design lor specs wise is not on the top any more

ya sony all along.value is one of the low ranking. so if u don't like it better dump fast
if u like it then ok lor keep it
like I keep my arc s till I upgrade it hahaha

as for launch date well the logistics maybe not as good on sony side to official say a date unlike Sammy or apple lor
always delay one

same for sony others products maybe it just too japan mkt first still play a part lor

Its a fact that quad-core will be better than dual-core on equal grounds, but S4 soc is better than A9 based soc (quad core or not). This time S4 is 2012 chip so sony is not using last year hardware for T/TX and V.

For the record, other android phones are also not for value. Only fruity phones are good in value if you look into trade in options.

Sony camera is actually good if you ask me, be it in normal or lowlight settings. One cant really get good pictures if he does not know how to capture it.

Sony design is still top notch while hardware is much better than predecessors if not top end.

Sony is making 2 big mistakes - main focus on its country market and not firm release date for new products.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
the new processor is the s4 pro. with 4 krait core. s4 is old already

The new S4 pro available now is APQ chip, not msn chip. Without the cell modem, it is not as energy efficient as msn chip.

Btw, according to your logic that S4 chip is old, then A9 based chip (exynos 4, tegra 3) is also old.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
The auntie didn't really care about what I had to say, I asked her questions about the repair process and how long it will take and she kept on finding ways to end the conversation.

Then in the end, she gave me a crappy candy bar phone (the model is I think K580i something). I objected because I was using a smartphone, why did I have to downgrade to a crappy phone like that ? Then I asked her why did I have to wait 1 month to get my Xperia S repaired ? She told me that I either take it or leave it since they don't have the LCD parts right now.

I was really pissed at that point but I explained to her that for Samsung or Apple I normally get replaced right away if they don't have the parts in house to replace my phone. Even HTC only makes me wait at most 1-2 weeks to get my phone repaired. Then she told me that I can speak to her manager if I have further issues.

Of course, I called and complained the next day and they finally agreed to replace my Xperia S with a new phone for me. Needless to say, even though I love my Xperia S, I really think twice about buying another Sony now :(.

Actually she is right in a way, she is only a worker so it does not matter what you told her. Its a waste of time to deal with workers like that. It does not happen only at sony service centre, I got this sh!tty service from laghub and sinktel too.

I usually choose to speak to manager or someone with authority to get my way. No complain, no results. :s13:
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
The new S4 pro available now is APQ chip, not msn chip. Without the cell modem, it is not as energy efficient as msn chip.

Btw, according to your logic that S4 chip is old, then A9 based chip (exynos 4, tegra 3) is also old.

ahha ya
s4 dualcore should be already come out early part of 2012
since one X got it
then why sony the now later part of yr then incorprated it hahaha

by now they should have look into the next gen chip liao
hahah
tegra3 ya to me is old they need to replace with tegra4 hahah
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
Its a fact that quad-core will be better than dual-core on equal grounds, but S4 soc is better than A9 based soc (quad core or not). This time S4 is 2012 chip so sony is not using last year hardware for T/TX and V.

For the record, other android phones are also not for value. Only fruity phones are good in value if you look into trade in options.

Sony camera is actually good if you ask me, be it in normal or lowlight settings. One cant really get good pictures if he does not know how to capture it.

Sony design is still top notch while hardware is much better than predecessors if not top end.

Sony is making 2 big mistakes - main focus on its country market and not firm release date for new products.

this is agreed sony is still forucs on jp mkt
alwasy is jp mkt first
it not onlt for their mobile
it for all their products
i have been using sony product damm long liao i know long ago
but mobile tech progress too fast so is hard to accept the fact sony is too lag behind
well put it overseas mkt lor

if u ask me
after i see how Xs screen issue handling
i aslo faith in SONY mobile well for tis overseas mkt is going down
but i stll support their audio and camera line
as it still of good quality
no issue on stupid lcd crap


i used to own SONY CDMA and it damm solid even its just a mono LCD dispay ahahh and i use on m1 network is damm solid

beside the old ericcson but this is not sony it ericcson lor
so after it become SE i only used some models but mostly didnt last me long
but the longest is my t68i the first color phone from SE
which is one of the batter phone around
before i move back to nokia
 
Last edited:

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
ahha ya
s4 dualcore should be already come out early part of 2012
since one X got it
then why sony the now later part of yr then incorprated it hahaha

by now they should have look into the next gen chip liao
hahah
tegra3 ya to me is old they need to replace with tegra4 hahah

Like one of my earlier post (forgot in which thread), the xs is the legacy of SE era as seen some of the proto type models are still labelled as SE brand.

Here are the few reasons that sony did not push out T/TX and V earlier.

- Kill its own sales:
SE legacy phones - NXT phones (xs, xp, xu) are announced in Mar. It will be suicide to push out S4 phones alongside S3 phones, not to mention the high number of phone release at same time.

- Not enough resources:
Sony (mobile division) only take over SE early this year, restructuring and probably not enough resources, time and cash-flow for faster developments. Sony also cut a lot of manpower this year.

- Slow development:
S4 dual core chip was released early this year, S4 pro was only available at the 2nd half of 2012. Lack of manpower and sony is still releasing ICS update to its whole xperia line-ups up till today.

- Competition:
Sony is waiting for release of gs3 and ifruit 5 during 2nd half of the year, to challenge them with new phone release. They may not admit it but you must understand Japanese are very competitive and ambitious even when they are lacking in some ways.

For the year 2013, i hope sony really look at other chip makers like and use real A15 chips like STE A9600 (28mn, up to 2.5ghz dual core, powerVR SGX6 [rogue]), Tegra 4 or TI omap 5432. :D

A9 chips < qualcomm S4 chips < A15 chips
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
this is agreed sony is still forucs on jp mkt
alwasy is jp mkt first
it not onlt for their mobile
it for all their products
i have been using sony product damm long liao i know long ago
but mobile tech progress too fast so is hard to accept the fact sony is too lag behind
well put it overseas mkt lor

if u ask me
after i see how Xs screen issue handling
i aslo faith in SONY mobile well for tis overseas mkt is going down
but i stll support their audio and camera line
as it still of good quality
no issue on stupid lcd crap


i used to own SONY CDMA and it damm solid even its just a mono LCD dispay ahahh and i use on m1 network is damm solid

beside the old ericcson but this is not sony it ericcson lor
so after it become SE i only used some models but mostly didnt last me long
but the longest is my t68i the first color phone from SE
which is one of the batter phone around
before i move back to nokia

Sony will always be bias and focus on its own country, next will be major countries like China and UK.

Overall, there is nothing to complain about xs but its screen display issue. Sony is really ill-prepared to do screen replacement for xs after its sale of LCD venture to sammy. Bad timing for sony.

I would still like the idea of nokia android, too bad its sold its soul to windows. No like its metro UI. :D
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
well .Nokia alresy sell out himself to Microsoft
can't do much now

what sony fails is his way strubbom still sticking to jp mindset first

even with win8 phone out soon it still a closed concept like ios not diff it just a diff skin over it hahaha

between ios or window phone
I will pick ios as it more matured even o need to pay more for it
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
well .Nokia alresy sell out himself to Microsoft
can't do much now

what sony fails is his way strubbom still sticking to jp mindset first

even with win8 phone out soon it still a closed concept like ios not diff it just a diff skin over it hahaha

between ios or window phone
I will pick ios as it more matured even o need to pay more for it

I will pick sony for design and UI, only ifruit if i want to play more mobile games. :s13:
 
Joined
Jun 24, 2011
Messages
361
Reaction score
0
my friend sent me a multimedia message and the phone write "message not downloaded"

when i try to download it say fail to download

any solution?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top