The Perfume Thread

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thinking of getting a tom ford EDP...any recommendations that is suitable for work?

rVn_mUfC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have checked out both perfume bar and jasina for terre d'hermes, however both only carry the edt version.
Anywhere else should I check out for the parfum version?

By the way gotten la nuit de l'homme edt for 105 at jasina, good price I think.

Last edited:

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nice...

anyone have experience buying TF private blend via carousell?
prices are too good to be true (50% off). sellers claimed it comes with batch code...whatever that means...

Ask yourself lar. 1st red flag, carouhell. 2nd red flag, cheaper than retail by more than 50%. Batch code can be used to check authenticity but while normally other brands their batch code are 5-6 characters alphanumeric string, tom ford's batch code only consist of 1 letter + 2 digits. Don't need a genius to be able to put a real batch code on a fake bottle.

Personally, i find it a big no no to blind buy expensive brand fragrances, even more so from dodgy sources. But ultimately, its your money so its your own choice.

Last edited:

FrogGreen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nice...

prices are too good to be true (50% off). sellers claimed it comes with batch code...whatever that means...

i bought a perfume off lazada few weeks ago. i will not name the model.

the smell disappear after 3 to 4 hours. basically like water. i am not sure if it is the perfume itself or the shelf life.

Last edited:

espenlind

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i bought a perfume off lazada few weeks ago. i will not name the model.

the smell disappear after 3 to 4 hours. basically like water. i am not sure if it is the perfume itself or the shelf life.

U might have gotten a fake bottle.

espenlind

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nice...

Don't bother wasting your money, it's all watered down fakes.

Cymcune

Reaction score
Have checked out both perfume bar and jasina for terre d'hermes, however both only carry the edt version.

Most Hermes counters (e.g. Takashimaya, Heeren in the past) would carry the TDH flankers. The Parfum is not particularly difficult to source, though; I've seen it in Sephora Suntec just this month.

Cymcune

Reaction score
nice...

I sell TFPBs on Carousell because I know people who are able to source overstock from the official supplier, and yes, some of them I can price at 30-40% off RTP and still pull a profit for me. So it's not impossible.

HOWEVER, please do your homework. (As with anything on C2C sales channels where fakes abound.) The sheer number of people who come to message me asking whether my stocks have a batch code is laughable; don't they realise it means nothing? Just go to DHgate and look up how many fake perfume stock photos there have batch codes on them.

Lack of a batch code means fake, sure. Mismatching batch codes between box and bottle also means fake. But having a matching batch code doesn't really tell you it's genuine.

Also, overstocks are more likely to be the less popular scents and are only available at some times of year. Say someone has pre-order, all year round, 100 mL size only, uses the same stock photos as China sites... if alarm bells are not going off in your head at that point, you're better off sticking to buying retail.

Cymcune

Reaction score
ombre leather is good.

Doesn't really make sense to advise him to try and find the discontinued Ombre Leather 16 (Private Blend line) when Ombre Leather was re-released in 2018 as a much cheaper Signature line.

They're virtually identical, just one is much harder to find and more expensive.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sephora have TDH parfum but blardy expensive. Iirc $200+ for 75ml bottle? I tested both the EDT and EDP before and liked the EDP alot more.

Rong626

Reaction score
I'm looking for some recommendations, below is what I like so far:

Polo blue edt (Seems to fade fairly fast on me)

Cool Water

What I didn't like:

Hugo boss bottled edt

Burberry weekend for men

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.