The Perfume Thread

Hungry kid

Reaction score
Penhaligon's UK just ended their sales....amazing prices. Pop by their stall in ION and sales staff mentioned that they do not have any sales in Singapore. anyone knows if they are planning any sales soon? If i'm not wrong, it's been like 2 years since their last sales.

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check out these Aventus "clones" if it's too ex for you.

MontBlanc Explorer
Armaf club de nuit intense man
Zara Vibrant Leather

i think the most accesible and safest to buy if you prefer the retail is Montblanc Explorer...
MontBlanc Explorer seems interesting. let's see how it goes.

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check out these Aventus "clones" if it's too ex for you.

MontBlanc Explorer
Armaf club de nuit intense man
Zara Vibrant Leather

i think the most accesible and safest to buy if you prefer the retail is Montblanc Explorer...

MontBlanc Explorer seems interesting. let's see how it goes.
Tried MontBlanc Explorer ytd, it is much cheaper but not quite the same as Aventus. Maybe i rated it similar to Acqua Di Dio Profondo.

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's a good spray for outdoor work? Expecting to sweat frequently. I'm outdoors 20-30% of the time, and would prefer something affordable in the 50-100ml size.

I've CK One and Davidoff Cool Water 200ml bottles, looking for something slightly better.

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no one knows an affordable one suitable for outdoors? I'm fine sticking with CK One, though there is always a topup (re-spray) required at lunchtime and going home time. The smell is acceptable in an office environment (nothing special or too loud), though lifespan is short.

I've other brand bottles (~100sgd for 75ml/100ml) for the days when it is certain I'm fully indoors for those days. Can't justify spraying something so nice and going outdoors for dirty work.

Joe Maya

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no one knows an affordable one suitable for outdoors? I'm fine sticking with CK One, though there is always a topup (re-spray) required at lunchtime and going home time. The smell is acceptable in an office environment (nothing special or too loud), though lifespan is short.

I've other brand bottles (~100sgd for 75ml/100ml) for the days when it is certain I'm fully indoors for those days. Can't justify spraying something so nice and going outdoors for dirty work.

Chanel Allure Homme Sport

Versace Pour Homme

bbbbbw

Reaction score

the new dior homme sport but the longevity is average according to reviews.

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bottles (Azzaro, D&G, CK etc) which I've purchased from Lazada and Shopee local sellers are all authentic. There are online videos from a user "fake cip" which compares real vs fake bottles.

Just need to avoid one or two sellers which sell BDC and Sauvage for <$90. Those are fakes for sure.

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually for online, where is a good place to buy fragrance? Shoppee those too cheap i believe its all fake right

Shopee
Les Parfum
Bonjour Cosmetics
Fragrance Hub
Acebela

Received authentic products from the above sellers.

kenzio8

Reaction score
Does anyone feel that the longevity of both EDP and EDT Armaf CDNIM seems to be quite disappointing?

Personally feel Explorer is nicer, but longevity also a few hours only.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone feel that the longevity of both EDP and EDT Armaf CDNIM seems to be quite disappointing?

Personally feel Explorer is nicer, but longevity also a few hours only.
Depends on what are your expectations. After couple of hours, the CDNIM will become a skin smell that lingers on and on. If i spray on my skin in the morning when i leave for work, i got no issues smelling it even after i reach home in the evening and took a bath. If i spray on my clothes and air dry them, i can still catch a whiff of the smell even after a few days. Also there are other factors in play like climate, personal skin chemistry and possibly batch reformulation affecting performance but i got to say its really rare to see complaints on CDNIM longevity.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a bottle of CDNIM 20% leftover and a bottle of Tre Nuit 50% leftover both of which were bought more than 2 years ago. Have not used them for quite some time and recently when i did a few sprays, noticed that both bottles has turned into rancid sour + alcohol heavy smell. Not sure why but for those who frequently bought these cheap armaf clones, would recommend to use liberally and not store for more than a couple of years.

Last edited:

Youngpang7

Reaction score
Hi all, want some advice. Am trying to buy fragrance from Carousell so I won't get tok by retail prices. Some Chanel scents like Bleu de Chanel selling for $100 while retail at $190 - big diff.
Problem is, how to tell if it's fake? I'm doing meet ups, so can check. But saw some videos online that quality of fakes now are so good, its difficult to say.

Any tips or advice?

Hungry kid

Reaction score
Hi all, want some advice. Am trying to buy fragrance from Carousell so I won't get tok by retail prices. Some Chanel scents like Bleu de Chanel selling for $100 while retail at $190 - big diff.
Problem is, how to tell if it's fake? I'm doing meet ups, so can check. But saw some videos online that quality of fakes now are so good, its difficult to say.

Any tips or advice?
May not be the best advise, but can tell by the weight of the cap. For Bleu de chanel it would be slightly heavier and the magnet strength is strong. Or else, ask to meet somewhere in town, 5 min before meet up, go to Tangs or Taka where they sell and ask for a sample/spray on the paper strip. When meeting the carousell seller, ask to test and see if the smell is same.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.