The Perfume Thread

Zhong Xina

Reaction score
Hi, any one bought from fragrancecart? saw their shopee ratings have numerous "non-authentic" perfumes.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May not be the best advise, but can tell by the weight of the cap. For Bleu de chanel it would be slightly heavier and the magnet strength is strong. Or else, ask to meet somewhere in town, 5 min before meet up, go to Tangs or Taka where they sell and ask for a sample/spray on the paper strip. When meeting the carousell seller, ask to test and see if the smell is same.
Actually if u dont spray on your skin, but on clothes. using fake got diff?

xiasuaykia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where do you all test and smell the perfume? I've been using dior sauvage for almost 3 years and am currently looking to have a change. Any recommendations?

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pre-covid i used to head to T Galleria DFS at scotts rd where they had tons of testers on display to ownself try out to your heart's content. Current times i can't be bothered to test perfume anymore. Its such a hassle having to be served by a sales assistant during testing where they spray and pass you the testing strip. Also i prefer to spray directly on my skin so i can better gauge longevity and skin chemistry.

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Davidoff Cool Water Intense EDP smells like....toothpaste.

I prefer the Cool Water EDT, but that only lasts for a short while

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cool Water EDT doesn;t even last till lunchtime for me. At least I can catch a whiff of CW Intense EDP at late afternoon.

Joe Maya

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where do you all test and smell the perfume? I've been using dior sauvage for almost 3 years and am currently looking to have a change. Any recommendations?

Try Parfum De Marly Layton or Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time getting an Armaf. It's the Tres Nuit Lyric EDP made in France, supposedly a clone of ADG Profondo.

When spraying on my pants, i caught a whiff of citrus (?) for 10 seconds, then nothing. Are Armafs supposed to smell bad up close? Sprayed on my arm, and i can only smell it when my nose is 1cm away.

It's from Aurel, so an authentic product.

EDIT: never mind, I left the room, then came back a few minutes later. There is a fruity smell.

Quick review: Bottle looks nice from afar if placed on display. On closeup, the "Tres Nuit Lyric Pour Homme" wording is stamped quite poorly. It is the worst quality bottle I've ever seen. The similarly priced Versace Blue Jeans has a much higher quality bottle. Props for unconventional bottle shape, however it is awkward to hold in hand for spraying.

Smell: This is the first time I've had this happen where I sprayed a fragrance, then can't smell it after 10 seconds. Based on the smell which I got by leaving the room, then coming back minutes later, it's pretty acceptable for a <$25 cheapie.

Last edited:

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A cute 15ml bottle of Bvlgari Man Wood Neroli EDP came in today.

Review: good, pleasant smell. Nice bottle. The end. :eek:

Tyrhung

Reaction score
Good day guys, new to this scene.
Anyone bought from cosmeticsnow, scentiments sg, strawberrynet or fragrancex?
Came across a fragrance store at novena, seems shady... any exp? Thanks all.
Have used Byredo's Rose of no mans land (have some peppery and spicy scent to it). Jo Malone's Wild Bluebell (sweet and elegant scent).

Also what are your thoughts on so called fragrance influencers like jeremy fragrance - he keeps on repeating Eros is good etc.
Late reply. bought from strawberrynet and fragrancex in the past, but not Cosmeticsnow and scentiments.
Mainly purchasing from selfridges now.

As for jeremy fragrance, no comment. will just ignore him.

Tyrhung

Reaction score
Usually for online, where is a good place to buy fragrance? Shoppee those too cheap i believe its all fake right
As authorised retailers, selfridges has the best price from what i noticed. of course having the annual free shipping subscription helps.

Tyrhung

Reaction score
Hi all, want some advice. Am trying to buy fragrance from Carousell so I won't get tok by retail prices. Some Chanel scents like Bleu de Chanel selling for $100 while retail at $190 - big diff.
Problem is, how to tell if it's fake? I'm doing meet ups, so can check. But saw some videos online that quality of fakes now are so good, its difficult to say.

Any tips or advice?
if you're buying from someone or place that isn't a legit seller, there will be risk involved. fakes are getting more and more closer to the authentic where it's hard to tell.

That's why i am only getting from the legit places with the lowest price.

Shiro MS08th

Reaction score
Anyone knows in-store Penhaligon still have yearly or twice a year 50% sale of selected perfumes?
It's been around 2 years+ (COVID era) since I last purchased from Penhaligon, during 50% sale is quite worth it, so just checking in.

Thanks!

espenlind

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tangs Orchard.

Time to go for niche.

Hungry kid

Reaction score
Anyone knows in-store Penhaligon still have yearly or twice a year 50% sale of selected perfumes?
It's been around 2 years+ (COVID era) since I last purchased from Penhaligon, during 50% sale is quite worth it, so just checking in.

Thanks!
Dun think so anymore. Even when their shops in UK are having sales, SIN do not have. Last time pre covid, i asked the sales person and was told they follow UK sales. I went last year during uk sales period and asked about the sales and told them what i was told previously, the SA looked blankly at me.

Shiro MS08th

Reaction score
Dun think so anymore. Even when their shops in UK are having sales, SIN do not have. Last time pre covid, i asked the sales person and was told they follow UK sales. I went last year during uk sales period and asked about the sales and told them what i was told previously, the SA looked blankly at me.

Wah that's quite sian liao...
I remember pre-covid at least got 3 years, every year got that 50% off selected perfumes (quite a big range also).

cary442

Reaction score
Hi, any one bought from fragrancecart? saw their shopee ratings have numerous "non-authentic" perfumes.
I bought a few bottles from fragrancecart and they seemed legit to me. I also bought from eclat parfum, hyperfume and fragrance hub.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.