The Sneakers/Shoe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lymc7578

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
I received my Fiery Reds this Tuesday.

I have to say, Gel Lyte Vs are really comfortable compared to the other sneakers I own (not a lot, unfortunately). The neoprene sockliner is lined with thick enough cushion for a snug yet extremely satisfying fit. Walking in them is akin to walking on clouds. Apparently this is because of some kind of gel technology in the footbed of the shoes, I'm not really educated on this so I'm sorry if this isn't true. There is no break-in period for them either, so they'll feel this way on the get-go.

Can't speak for the GL3s cause I don't personally own them, but I plan on getting the Future Camos once I'm able to scrape up some more cash. For those who are on the fence for a pair of Gel Lyte Vs, I highly recommend them. Get a 0.5 size up because these run a little snug.
 

odin2ken

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
2
I received my Fiery Reds this Tuesday.

I have to say, Gel Lyte Vs are really comfortable compared to the other sneakers I own (not a lot, unfortunately). The neoprene sockliner is lined with thick enough cushion for a snug yet extremely satisfying fit. Walking in them is akin to walking on clouds. Apparently this is because of some kind of gel technology in the footbed of the shoes, I'm not really educated on this so I'm sorry if this isn't true. There is no break-in period for them either, so they'll feel this way on the get-go.

Can't speak for the GL3s cause I don't personally own them, but I plan on getting the Future Camos once I'm able to scrape up some more cash. For those who are on the fence for a pair of Gel Lyte Vs, I highly recommend them. Get a 0.5 size up because these run a little snug.

Which GLV did u get?Fiery red seems like is a GR if im not wrong,cos i didnt follow much on GR.show a pic?
 

ah hui

Master Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Which GLV did u get?Fiery red seems like is a GR if im not wrong,cos i didnt follow much on GR.show a pic?

GR lai de. Is the poor man's volcano.haha. u too atas for these le. Gr u dun wan de. Ahha.
 

lymc7578

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Which GLV did u get?Fiery red seems like is a GR if im not wrong,cos i didnt follow much on GR.show a pic?

Yup, a GR.

htzx.jpg


I apologise if the picture is of bad quality.
 
Last edited:

odin2ken

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
2
GR lai de. Is the poor man's volcano.haha. u too atas for these le. Gr u dun wan de. Ahha.

Dont like that say lah...Asics GR also very nice 1

I received my Fiery Reds this Tuesday.

I have to say, Gel Lyte Vs are really comfortable compared to the other sneakers I own (not a lot, unfortunately). The neoprene sockliner is lined with thick enough cushion for a snug yet extremely satisfying fit. Walking in them is akin to walking on clouds. Apparently this is because of some kind of gel technology in the footbed of the shoes, I'm not really educated on this so I'm sorry if this isn't true. There is no break-in period for them either, so they'll feel this way on the get-go.

Can't speak for the GL3s cause I don't personally own them, but I plan on getting the Future Camos once I'm able to scrape up some more cash. For those who are on the fence for a pair of Gel Lyte Vs, I highly recommend them. Get a 0.5 size up because these run a little snug.

GR also so comfy,collabs even better...
 

odin2ken

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
2
I'd get a collab, I'm just too poor and too slow :o

Not saying or looking down on u bro,collabs can slowly go about it,cos many asics collabs are really very hard to get,but most important u know what u want,after getting some opinions on the asics,u get it for yourself to try out,& it proves worthy...
 

lymc7578

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Not saying or looking down on u bro,collabs can slowly go about it,cos many asics collabs are really very hard to get,but most important u know what u want,after getting some opinions on the asics,u get it for yourself to try out,& it proves worthy...

oh, I know that. I was merely joking :s22:! living in singapore just makes it even harder to cop even a GR, let alone a limited release collab. I know my place financially, so I can't overspend and can only afford 2 pairs a month. I heard a rumour that the Coves might drop again soon, but I think i shall stick to just getting a pair of the Future Camos first :s13:
 

odin2ken

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
2
oh, I know that. I was merely joking :s22:! living in singapore just makes it even harder to cop even a GR, let alone a limited release collab. I know my place financially, so I can't overspend and can only afford 2 pairs a month. I heard a rumour that the Coves might drop again soon, but I think i shall stick to just getting a pair of the Future Camos first :s13:

Hehe yea,those rf x asics will be harder to cop....but will still have a chance if u know the right person "wink wink" ;)
Future camo is which 1?....u mean the vanquish?
Your size ?
 

lymc7578

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Hehe yea,those rf x asics will be harder to cop....but will still have a chance if u know the right person "wink wink" ;)
Future camo is which 1?....u mean the vanquish?
Your size ?

Hahaha think I'll pass, I just bought a flyknit lunar1+ that was sale that's on the way, bo lui liao.

Future Camo is also a GR, Gel Lyte 3s. I wear a size 8.5, you have a pair?
 

odin2ken

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
2
Hahaha think I'll pass, I just bought a flyknit lunar1+ that was sale that's on the way, bo lui liao.

Future Camo is also a GR, Gel Lyte 3s. I wear a size 8.5, you have a pair?

I see,the only asics GR i have is the Navy/orange,kithstrike saga kill bill & another kithstrike GL3 Black/carolina blue.All in size 8.
The rest are all collabs liao...

wpid.jpg

1clf.jpg

mny4.jpg
 

ah hui

Master Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
I see,the only asics GR i have is the Navy/orange,kithstrike saga kill bill & another kithstrike GL3 Black/carolina blue.All in size 8.
The rest are all collabs liao...


What is collab ah? Can elaborate or show some Asics collab mah?? I dun have collab de. What is de difference between collab and GR?
 

Joey.Jon

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
What is collab ah? Can elaborate or show some Asics collab mah?? I dun have collab de. What is de difference between collab and GR?

Collabs think are like Ronnie Fieg X ASICS Gel-Lyte V 'Volcano' lol!!!

and few you have Ronnie Fieg x ASICS Gel Lyte III East Coast Project
 
Last edited:

lymc7578

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
I see,the only asics GR i have is the Navy/orange,kithstrike saga kill bill & another kithstrike GL3 Black/carolina blue.All in size 8.
The rest are all collabs liao...

wpid.jpg

1clf.jpg

mny4.jpg

Some youtube guy that I follow currently was selling the carolina blue kithstrikes in my size for retail + international shipping, I regret missing out on that now...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top