The Sneakers/Shoe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

themlpx

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2014
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Cruel World 2s? I have a pair coming in April so I'll post about it then.

I have answered his queries.. thru PM and my answer here.. It's anti- animal material and it's for charity.. So why not? And getting RETAIL for collabs, we should all be happy about it... USD$120.... It's de cheapest you can ever find for a collab..

Yea after reading up the story and the charity they are donating to. I immediately bought it. Shouldn't have had second thoughts about it
 

ah hui

Master Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Yeah, it's a nice price for a collab indeed. Nice of you to do that, and I agree that you should read up on a product before you spend money on it. This applies to any purchase.

I followed the release closely and was shocked when I received the email last night. My wallet is hurt but my cravings are satisfied. Also bought another collab yesterday, leading to the combustion of my bank account.

Saucony's collabs are those prices de.. Good price to start out.. I didn't want to spoon feed anybody here.. But reading up on sneaker news before buying is a good thing to do. Imagine i 1 month buy 10 pairs of shoes, i come here and ask 10 times on the shoe material and thoughts.. People will hate me mah. HAHA. I just try this saucony for fun though, win le and see it's for charity, why not.. HAHA. What collab did u buy ystdy?? Money can earn back, but limited edition shoes in ur size is not easy to find.
 

ah hui

Master Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Yea after reading up the story and the charity they are donating to. I immediately bought it. Shouldn't have had second thoughts about it

It's a cause to promote not killing animals for their skin or what. I agree that the material is not on point. and majority of the material is canvas which is a hell to protect and clean in Singapore with humidity and wet weathers... But Charity purpose, i will do it. Plus using money to feel my passion and hobby and at the same time, help others, why not? :D And btw, nobody from the general public has feel that Saucony collab yet. I'm guessing they revised the material and quality on it from the 1st one..
 

ah hui

Master Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Bait X Saucony Shadow Original " Cruel World"
Bait-x-Saucony-Cruel-World.jpg


Bait X Saucony Shadow Original " Cruel World 2"
bait-x-saucony-shadow-original-cruel-world-2-teaser-1.jpg
 

themlpx

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2014
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
It's a cause to promote not killing animals for their skin or what. I agree that the material is not on point. and majority of the material is canvas which is a hell to protect and clean in Singapore with humidity and wet weathers... But Charity purpose, i will do it. Plus using money to feel my passion and hobby and at the same time, help others, why not? :D And btw, nobody from the general public has feel that Saucony collab yet. I'm guessing they revised the material and quality on it from the 1st one..

haha canvas easier to take care thn suede to me! Yea seeing its for charity, especially it being a charity for cancer, even if the materials are sub-par its definitely worth it. And the smiley face at the back is a plus point ;) First collab bought and its for a good cause, pretty good way to start my sneaker journey! Btw I think I saw you on MRT once wearing the "Bricks" from the high and lows x asics collab!
 
Last edited:

lymc7578

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
It's a cause to promote not killing animals for their skin or what. I agree that the material is not on point. and majority of the material is canvas which is a hell to protect and clean in Singapore with humidity and wet weathers... But Charity purpose, i will do it. Plus using money to feel my passion and hobby and at the same time, help others, why not? :D And btw, nobody from the general public has feel that Saucony collab yet. I'm guessing they revised the material and quality on it from the 1st one..

Yeah, hence the Vegan tag. I like that this collab is approached with cruelty-free methods and materials! I like Saucony's Grid 9000 model, and their recent Spring "Three Dots" pack was actually on my radar. I was planning to pick it up a few weeks after release as that's when I will have some disposable income, but it sold out really quickly for a GR.

Saucony's collabs are those prices de.. Good price to start out.. I didn't want to spoon feed anybody here.. But reading up on sneaker news before buying is a good thing to do. Imagine i 1 month buy 10 pairs of shoes, i come here and ask 10 times on the shoe material and thoughts.. People will hate me mah. HAHA. I just try this saucony for fun though, win le and see it's for charity, why not.. HAHA. What collab did u buy ystdy?? Money can earn back, but limited edition shoes in ur size is not easy to find.

The UBIQ x Saucony was a mess, the website was constantly crashing and I missed out on it. It was in my cart for an hour before I was told that it was OOS. Then some guy offered to sell it to me on IG for US$500 + international ship. The ****???

I agree that looking for size 8/8.5 is really tough. Not exactly a limited release collab, but it's the Nike SB x Stussy Trainerendor.

20140102-trainerendor0114blackgreengroup.jpg
 
Last edited:

lymc7578

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Bait X Saucony Shadow Original " Cruel World"
Bait-x-Saucony-Cruel-World.jpg


Bait X Saucony Shadow Original " Cruel World 2"
bait-x-saucony-shadow-original-cruel-world-2-teaser-1.jpg

See, when you compare it like that, ignoring the materials that the sneakers are made of, IMO the 2s look much better.
 

ah hui

Master Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
haha canvas easier to take care thn suede to me! Yea seeing its for charity, especially it being a charity for cancer, even if the materials are sub-par its definitely worth it. And the smiley face at the back is a plus point ;) First collab bought and its for a good cause, pretty good way to start my sneaker journey! Btw I think I saw you on MRT once wearing the "Bricks" from the high and lows x asics collab!

Canvas can wash, but i dun wash my sneakers. HAHA. Suede is good cos it last long and very durable.. Dun say sub-par materials la. It's just different kind of material. I'm actually interested in the vegan suede which they mentioned. HAHA.

Dun bluff!! I nv wear my Bricks before. HAHA. It's still DS and with the tags on. My whole HAL bricks and mortar pack still DS. Maybe wrong shoe bah. HAHA. Or wrong guy. LOL. :s13:
 

ah hui

Master Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
See, when you compare it like that, ignoring the materials that the sneakers are made of, IMO the 2s look much better.

But always beware of filters. but i like the colour blocking on the 2s den de 1st. Thus i passed on the 1st. But now having got the 2s, i wanna get the 1st to complete de pack. LOL.

Yeah, hence the Vegan tag. I like that this collab is approached with cruelty-free methods and materials! I like Saucony's Grid 9000 model, and their recent Spring "Three Dots" pack was actually on my radar. I was planning to pick it up a few weeks after release as that's when I will have some disposable income, but it sold out really quickly for a GR.



The UBIQ x Saucony was a mess, the website was constantly crashing and I missed out on it. It was in my cart for an hour before I was told that it was OOS. Then some guy offered to sell it to me on IG for US$500 + international ship. The ****???

I agree that looking for size 8/8.5 is really tough. Not exactly a limited release collab, but it's the Nike SB x Stussy Trainerendor.

20140102-trainerendor0114blackgreengroup.jpg

Saucony grid 9000 alittle bulky though. Yea and i tried to cop de UBIQ release, for retail, no complains. But 1st log in was crashing and all, i gave up. Cos i will not be able to get them.. $500 USD, can buy u better kicks than that.. LOL. My 2 good friends are size 8 and size 8.5 and they always get what they want. So i guessed they stole urs. HAHA. My friend actually brought in a few pairs and hook some Singaporeans up. :D
 

themlpx

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2014
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Canvas can wash, but i dun wash my sneakers. HAHA. Suede is good cos it last long and very durable.. Dun say sub-par materials la. It's just different kind of material. I'm actually interested in the vegan suede which they mentioned. HAHA.

Dun bluff!! I nv wear my Bricks before. HAHA. It's still DS and with the tags on. My whole HAL bricks and mortar pack still DS. Maybe wrong shoe bah. HAHA. Or wrong guy. LOL. :s13:

Huh! Cannot be leh! I saw someone who really look like you awhile ago wearing a red asics! At that time I just started checking out sneakers more so I can't really rmb much!
 

lymc7578

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
But always beware of filters. but i like the colour blocking on the 2s den de 1st. Thus i passed on the 1st. But now having got the 2s, i wanna get the 1st to complete de pack. LOL.

At the first glance it seemed like natural lighting, but I'm no photographer so I'm not entirely sure. I wish you good luck on finding the CW 1s!

Saucony grid 9000 alittle bulky though. Yea and i tried to cop de UBIQ release, for retail, no complains. But 1st log in was crashing and all, i gave up. Cos i will not be able to get them.. $500 USD, can buy u better kicks than that.. LOL. My 2 good friends are size 8 and size 8.5 and they always get what they want. So i guessed they stole urs. HAHA. My friend actually brought in a few pairs and hook some Singaporeans up. :D

Yeah, that guy was crazy. Following that, I immediately saw many pairs going for sale at rape prices on eBay before they even received the sneakers. They mad, bro. I think I'm just unlucky, and I prefer BAIT's way of doing things. Camping for sneakers is really nerve-wracking. Constant waves of false hope and tears. Hey get your friend to HMU =:p
 

lymc7578

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Oh yeah, I tried for the Floral KD VIs last Saturday and it was crazy. Almost checked out from Footlocker before I was told they were out of stock. That was 20 minutes after they were released. I really wanted those...

About 4 hours later, the Nice Kicks x New Balance 1600 "Grand Anse" was released on shopnicekicks.com. That one was surprisingly easy to add to cart for checkout, but I dropped the gun on those because the retail price was too steep for me.
 

themlpx

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2014
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Oh yeah, I tried for the Floral KD VIs last Saturday and it was crazy. Almost checked out from Footlocker before I was told they were out of stock. That was 20 minutes after they were released. I really wanted those...

About 4 hours later, the Nice Kicks x New Balance 1600 "Grand Anse" was released on shopnicekicks.com. That one was surprisingly easy to add to cart for checkout, but I dropped the gun on those because the retail price was too steep for me.

I thought of coping the Nice Kicks x New Balance as well but the colourway didn't really appeal to me much. Ronnie Fieg x Asics Mint and Cove appear to really be releasing soon! Hope I can cope it online or smth!
 

ah hui

Master Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
At the first glance it seemed like natural lighting, but I'm no photographer so I'm not entirely sure. I wish you good luck on finding the CW 1s!



Yeah, that guy was crazy. Following that, I immediately saw many pairs going for sale at rape prices on eBay before they even received the sneakers. They mad, bro. I think I'm just unlucky, and I prefer BAIT's way of doing things. Camping for sneakers is really nerve-wracking. Constant waves of false hope and tears. Hey get your friend to HMU =:p
Sure got filter one. The picture looks like burgundy/maroon. But de item description is red/black. LOL. I have found my size and the price is good. Just thinking to cop or not. :D No rush also. Not a must get also. HAHA.

Yes. Bait's raffle is cool! :D Hook u up with what anyway?

Huh! Cannot be leh! I saw someone who really look like you awhile ago wearing a red asics! At that time I just started checking out sneakers more so I can't really rmb much!

I nv wear red asics for the past few days or weeks leh. Only 1 burgundy GR Gel lyte 3.. Anyway, train going towards where??
 

ah hui

Master Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
I thought of coping the Nice Kicks x New Balance as well but the colourway didn't really appeal to me much. Ronnie Fieg x Asics Mint and Cove appear to really be releasing soon! Hope I can cope it online or smth!

HAHA. Good luck to u trying to cop it online. It will sell out in less den 1 mintues. HAHA. I nv even think of trying. Cos it's mission impossible..

Oh yeah, I tried for the Floral KD VIs last Saturday and it was crazy. Almost checked out from Footlocker before I was told they were out of stock. That was 20 minutes after they were released. I really wanted those...

About 4 hours later, the Nice Kicks x New Balance 1600 "Grand Anse" was released on shopnicekicks.com. That one was surprisingly easy to add to cart for checkout, but I dropped the gun on those because the retail price was too steep for me.

I will never pay more than retail for nike signature basketball shoes. Cos the colourways are too many and not exactly limited. 3 months ltr, restock.. LOL.. $175 for the Nice kicks x new balance right?? Easy cop, but i passed.. LOL..
 

themlpx

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2014
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Sure got filter one. The picture looks like burgundy/maroon. But de item description is red/black. LOL. I have found my size and the price is good. Just thinking to cop or not. :D No rush also. Not a must get also. HAHA.

Yes. Bait's raffle is cool! :D Hook u up with what anyway?



I nv wear red asics for the past few days or weeks leh. Only 1 burgundy GR Gel lyte 3.. Anyway, train going towards where??

It was probably a month ago. Erm if I recall should either be green line either going to bugis area or on the red line heading from city hall towards Somerset. That day I rmb I bought my first NB haha
 

lymc7578

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
I thought of coping the Nice Kicks x New Balance as well but the colourway didn't really appeal to me much. Ronnie Fieg x Asics Mint and Cove appear to really be releasing soon! Hope I can cope it online or smth!

Yeah, the price tag definitely turned me off to the purchase. Good luck to you on that, RF's releases are extremely hyped and every single hypebeast will be fighting with you for them =:p
 

themlpx

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2014
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
HAHA. Good luck to u trying to cop it online. It will sell out in less den 1 mintues. HAHA. I nv even think of trying. Cos it's mission impossible..



I will never pay more than retail for nike signature basketball shoes. Cos the colourways are too many and not exactly limited. 3 months ltr, restock.. LOL.. $175 for the Nice kicks x new balance right?? Easy cop, but i passed.. LOL..

haha yea I think so too. Can't blame a man for having some hope! The colourway too nice alr haha. To me mint/cove so far nicest alr followed by the st Alfred x asics thn probably bait x asics 'vanquish'! If only I started abit earlier maybe can cope the bait from a raffle..
 

lymc7578

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
I will never pay more than retail for nike signature basketball shoes. Cos the colourways are too many and not exactly limited. 3 months ltr, restock.. LOL.. $175 for the Nice kicks x new balance right?? Easy cop, but i passed.. LOL..

I do hope that they restock. I really like the KD VI Florals for some reason.

Yeah, $175. Too much for me. I'd only pay that price if the UK flag is on the heel tab :s13:

Sure got filter one. The picture looks like burgundy/maroon. But de item description is red/black. LOL. I have found my size and the price is good. Just thinking to cop or not. :D No rush also. Not a must get also. HAHA.

Yes. Bait's raffle is cool! :D Hook u up with what anyway?

Yeah, true. Learned something new today.

Just a figure of speech, maybe certain future releases :)
 

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
115,262
Reaction score
71
Do the rubber soles of ur Nike n addidas harder n break off? Mine did. A few shoes that is. Wonder y..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top