The Sneakers/Shoe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusionz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
1,841
Reaction score
1
Are you referring to like New Balance 998?

As long as made in UK/USA, can be 574, 576, 577, 996, 998 etc.

Btw, the one you shown is wine colour, backpack red looks like this

new-balance-ml574bpr-backpack_3.jpeg
 

tang63

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
704
Reaction score
1
As long as made in UK/USA, can be 574, 576, 577, 996, 998 etc.

Btw, the one you shown is wine colour, backpack red looks like this

new-balance-ml574bpr-backpack_3.jpeg

OMG IT LOOKS SO GOOD TOO :s22::s22::s22:

Thanks for pointing it out to me! I didn't notice, i thought it was just the lighting of the photos!


I also found this website, http://www.newbalancehorse.com/ is it a legit website? It looks quite like a scam. :/
 

fusionz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
1,841
Reaction score
1
OMG IT LOOKS SO GOOD TOO :s22::s22::s22:

Thanks for pointing it out to me! I didn't notice, i thought it was just the lighting of the photos!


I also found this website, http://www.newbalancehorse.com/ is it a legit website? It looks quite like a scam. :/

Not sure whether it's scam or not but it looks like a site selling factory over-run and next saw them selling Made in USA version (national park series) which is weird and if you noticed, all shoes are selling @ USD72.99. For factory over-run stocks, not worth it.

Anyway, the seller does not provide a physical address but the fact that the shipping is by EMS tells that it's possibly from China.

Backpack red is quite deadstock even online. I would recommend you getting made in UK/USA model instead.
 

tang63

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
704
Reaction score
1
Not sure whether it's scam or not but it looks like a site selling factory over-run and next saw them selling Made in USA version (national park series) which is weird and if you noticed, all shoes are selling @ USD72.99. For factory over-run stocks, not worth it.

Anyway, the seller does not provide a physical address but the fact that the shipping is by EMS tells that it's possibly from China.

Backpack red is quite deadstock even online. I would recommend you getting made in UK/USA model instead.

Thanks for the advice and helping me evaluate the site! :s12:

I did actually find the New Balance 574 red backpack, but now that you mentioned about the quality of Made in US products, I'm not sure if I should go ahead with buying the 574 backpack from amazon.

Do you usually buy from the new balance website itself?
So how I go about shopping for "Made in US" models, would be to check the official new balance website first on which have that label, then I go around other online retailers to look for them? :)

And I just saw that New balance RENEGADE 998 is US$159.99 :eek: I rmb it was like SGD$269, my memory could be wrong, when i saw it at Ltd Ed shop at queensway lol
 
Last edited:

ah hui

Master Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Made in USA/UK New balance shoes are priced at USD$160 in USA excluding shipping to Singapore and what NB stores in singapore are selling $259-$279. Similar price IMO after shipping cos. Those u find cheaper USA/Uk made NB are actually older models. It's a NEW BALANCE CONTROLLED Pricing.

NB & Asics can be found in End Clothing, hanon UK, Ebay, KithNYC, Bodega, Urban Outfitters, ASOS, Concepts, FootPatrol, Ubiq, Bait... And ETC.. Mostly are USA based Retailers and not all ship to Singapore.
 

tang63

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
704
Reaction score
1
Made in USA/UK New balance shoes are priced at USD$160 in USA excluding shipping to Singapore and what NB stores in singapore are selling $259-$279. Similar price IMO after shipping cos. Those u find cheaper USA/Uk made NB are actually older models. It's a NEW BALANCE CONTROLLED Pricing.

NB & Asics can be found in End Clothing, hanon UK, Ebay, KithNYC, Bodega, Urban Outfitters, ASOS, Concepts, FootPatrol, Ubiq, Bait... And ETC.. Mostly are USA based Retailers and not all ship to Singapore.

That's really helpful! Thank you. :)

Scrolling through those websites now. hahaha
 

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
15,541
Reaction score
530
anyone who owns asics gel series , i need help on recommendations of colour rope laces to go for this shoe .

asics-gel-lyte-v-white-fairy-red-h400n-01233.jpg
 

ah hui

Master Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0

fusionz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
1,841
Reaction score
1
Thanks for the advice and helping me evaluate the site! :s12:

I did actually find the New Balance 574 red backpack, but now that you mentioned about the quality of Made in US products, I'm not sure if I should go ahead with buying the 574 backpack from amazon.

Do you usually buy from the new balance website itself?
So how I go about shopping for "Made in US" models, would be to check the official new balance website first on which have that label, then I go around other online retailers to look for them? :)

And I just saw that New balance RENEGADE 998 is US$159.99 :eek: I rmb it was like SGD$269, my memory could be wrong, when i saw it at Ltd Ed shop at queensway lol

520fd606b36207812568d21e855b1c161386790227.jpg


This pair. SGD220+ with shipping

new-balance-m996pg.jpg


And this pair. SGD180+ with shipping
 

tang63

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
704
Reaction score
1
How to buy shoes from UBIQ since their billing address cannot choose Singapore? Use 3rd party "buy for me"?
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
cove.JPG


20140306_120331.jpg


Have the above rope laces for sale. Bought extra. Letting go at cost. Interested please PM me.
 

ah hui

Master Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
How to buy shoes from UBIQ since their billing address cannot choose Singapore? Use 3rd party "buy for me"?

Use paypal to check out,create a USA address with Comgateway, den add that address into ur paypal acct, and checkout and ship to that USA Address, when the item reach ur USA address, u will be notified by CGW and u can process to ship back. :)
 

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
15,541
Reaction score
530
for asics gel lyte v , how do we know the size for rope laces as in the inch size. ?
 

tang63

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
704
Reaction score
1
Use paypal to check out,create a USA address with Comgateway, den add that address into ur paypal acct, and checkout and ship to that USA Address, when the item reach ur USA address, u will be notified by CGW and u can process to ship back. :)

But I can't checkout using Paypal. Once you select checkout, they prompt you to either register or checkout as guest, choosing either brings you immediately to the Billing Information section where you have to key in your billing address. There's not mention of Paypal.

EDIT: I managed to use paypal! I just used the HSG shipping address for the billing information, then use paypal to check out! Thanks!
 
Last edited:

Bapenigo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2005
Messages
5,548
Reaction score
7
hey guys, anyone know where can i get converse 1970s first string locally?
looking to get low cut white or navy. Thanks
 

zapatodelbaco

Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
429
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,

if anyone interested, pm me your best offer price. Brand new with box.

Thanks!

kalenk.jpg
[/IMG]

2ir5frl.jpg
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top