The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

kenshi813

Reaction score
gangsterkia thanks for the reply. any shops u know carrying it and recommend to go ? by any chance is there any shops in kuala lumpur selling it ? thanks

darklighter

Reaction score
What kind of frames do you like?

E.g.
Full plastic
Metal
Mixture?
Light?
Heavy?(some like heavy as they want to feel some weight of their face)
Price?

Light frames definitely. Mixture!
Budget.. Hundreds is fine

i'm just looking for brands that are more accessible/cheaper to buy in US. Will have a looksee there

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Can consider warby Parker? Cheap, with lenses and like own days in spore..

Light frames definitely. Mixture!
Budget.. Hundreds is fine

i'm just looking for brands that are more accessible/cheaper to buy in US. Will have a looksee there

peaceheart

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you say w/o coating.. is there any example as to what is it??
Hmm you know some frames are made of titanium but coated to give different colour options for consumers. And these coatings normally flake off after sometime.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah... spray coated kind.
Namely a few,
Acoustic line, USH/yuichi Toyama, eyevans.. high quality titanium frames?

Hmm you know some frames are made of titanium but coated to give different colour options for consumers. And these coatings normally flake off after sometime.

peaceheart

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah... spray coated kind.
Namely a few,
Acoustic line, USH/yuichi Toyama, eyevans.. high quality titanium frames?
So I don't want those with coatings that will flake off.

Are the brands you mentioned come in the natural titanium colours?

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can go to a spec shop and ask for a consultation(probably have to pay), or go to the sp/np optometry centre(cheaper) and request for your prescription and PD after that. Hope this helps!
spoc Singapore Polytechnic Optometry Center check by student maybe two hours if they just began third year

end of third year faster

payment only by nets?

think cannot just get prescription, need to do full check?

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes must do full check. But for that price, it's worth it. What's more they have equipment some shops do not. You also get valuable info about taking care of your eyes and more! Go for it!

spoc Singapore Polytechnic Optometry Center check by student maybe two hours if they just began third year

end of third year faster

payment only by nets?

think cannot just get prescription, need to do full check?

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

CoolSilverRider

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in my mid-40s, and now after 10mins to 15 mins on computer or mobiles, my eyes are very sore, strain, blurry vision near and far, and also headaches.

I did went to a few optical shops and ask about my problems. They recommend me mainly are: Crizal. But I do come across an interesting brand: Shamir. Is Shamir Blue Zero good?
And Kodak?

And most people did mention that blue light still able to penetrate thru Crizal lens...is that true?

peaceheart

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm in my mid-40s, and now after 10mins to 15 mins on computer or mobiles, my eyes are very sore, strain, blurry vision near and far, and also headaches.

I did went to a few optical shops and ask about my problems. They recommend me mainly are: Crizal. But I do come across an interesting brand: Shamir. Is Shamir Blue Zero good?
And Kodak?

And most people did mention that blue light still able to penetrate thru Crizal lens...is that true?
Or is it lao hua? Just a wild guesa

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score

And Kodak?

Good afternoon!

To your headache/strains, Yes, highly likely is due to ''Lao hua'' or presbyopia. Usually it hits you bad when you reach 40-43, some gets it at 37-40. Your eyes will be straining to see the words and you might have to adjust them further to see slightly clearer.

I think what they recommend could be progressive lens which comes with Crizal coating. Take note that crizal is not a brand of lens but the coating that is applied on the lenses. Shamir blue zero is like a Blue filter lenses that filters out a certain percentage of blue light emitted from electronic devices.

Yes blue light will be able to penetrate through our lenses as the usually cuts off about 30% of the blue light. We cannot cut it off completely as we still need a certain amount of blue light to carry on with our daily live. Also if you actually look at those lenses that cuts off 50-60% blue light, they are very yellow when you look through them as compared to the normal ones. Shamir Blue zero tend to look less blue/yellow as their lenses are different from the normal ones(from my knowledge).

Kodak is pretty old.. i think you can consider NIKON or maybe hoya/zeiss too.

Hope this helps! feel free to ask more qns if needed.

CoolSilverRider

Reaction score
Good afternoon!

To your headache/strains, Yes, highly likely is due to ''Lao hua'' or presbyopia. Usually it hits you bad when you reach 40-43, some gets it at 37-40. Your eyes will be straining to see the words and you might have to adjust them further to see slightly clearer.

I think what they recommend could be progressive lens which comes with Crizal coating. Take note that crizal is not a brand of lens but the coating that is applied on the lenses. Shamir blue zero is like a Blue filter lenses that filters out a certain percentage of blue light emitted from electronic devices.

Yes blue light will be able to penetrate through our lenses as the usually cuts off about 30% of the blue light. We cannot cut it off completely as we still need a certain amount of blue light to carry on with our daily live. Also if you actually look at those lenses that cuts off 50-60% blue light, they are very yellow when you look through them as compared to the normal ones. Shamir Blue zero tend to look less blue/yellow as their lenses are different from the normal ones(from my knowledge).

Kodak is pretty old.. I think you can consider NIKON or maybe hoya/zeiss too.

Hope this helps! feel free to ask more qns if needed.

Thank you for the reply.

I do understand from you that Crizal is only coating. Means it will wear off after a few years or mishandling.

As for Shamir, I did see the lense, is very clear, not yellow or blue...Maybe I need to double check again.

Kodak, they show me is the 2nd generation of the lense, slightly blueish color.

So, if Nikon, Hoya or Zeiss...are they also coating too?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.