The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Looking to replace lens on my current IC Berlin

Was quoted about $600 for Varilux 1.59 airware liberty 3, transition gen 8 with UV capture sapphire.

Degree about 300 - 125x100 - +150 for both sides.

I prefer blue cut and transition. Need your comments on pricing and options. Thank you

Liberty is one lenses i would not recommend unless you are on a very tight budget. But its a very good price still :)

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ACmn53Ul.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G980F using GAGT

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Transition lenses are temperature sensitive too, thus warmer climate, it won’t turn to maximum potential darkness. Leading to the mirror transition effect will look half mirror half see through.

Not very aesthetically pleasing based on personal and cx response.

So from aesthetics POV my options are:

A. Normal Grey Lens (Guaranteed Dark) + Blue Mirror Coating. Same effect indoor and outdoor.

B. Transitions Grey Lens (Less Dark) + No Mirror Coating. Indoor transparent outdoor tinted. Effectively it will be those classic transitions lens but no power only that's all.

Don't need power lens since the missus did Lasik already. Buy shades for her to hiao a bit only :s13:

Sent from A Young Urban Professional Who Is Highly Sought After By At Least 3 Companies - Telco, Utility And Credit Card using GAGT

username.mak

Reaction score
Hi, I have a few qns!

is your current frame quite broad?
Also the blue/purple that you see, is it constantly at the same angle/spot?
Did you check back with your practitioner to let them know about the light flares?

Yes, it is broad, about 56mm width and 26mm height.

The blue/purple is at different spots, depending on my head angle. Can see duplicate of the light source pretty clearly at times, albeit in blue/purple.

The practioner said it's normal, just need take time to get used to / ignore it. His reply frustrates me.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
A-indoor will be darker and you might look weird wearing blue mirror indoor.

B-Yes.

Want to hiao can look at Lindberg SUN, Dior , G-monster. Very nice loud design. Just abit Chor...

So from aesthetics POV my options are:

A. Normal Grey Lens (Guaranteed Dark) + Blue Mirror Coating. Same effect indoor and outdoor.

B. Transitions Grey Lens (Less Dark) + No Mirror Coating. Indoor transparent outdoor tinted. Effectively it will be those classic transitions lens but no power only that's all.

Don't need power lens since the missus did Lasik already. Buy shades for her to hiao a bit only :s13:

Sent from A Young Urban Professional Who Is Highly Sought After By At Least 3 Companies - Telco, Utility And Credit Card using GAGT

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Does the frame come with the metal nosepads or those fixed on ones?

Is the frame seated further or closer to your face?

Yes, it is broad, about 56mm width and 26mm height.

The blue/purple is at different spots, depending on my head angle. Can see duplicate of the light source pretty clearly at times, albeit in blue/purple.

The practioner said it's normal, just need take time to get used to / ignore it. His reply frustrates me.

Fookie@06

Reaction score
Hi GANGSTERKIA, can you pls share your shop location? Would like to visit for advise and consult on my replacement. Thank you

username.mak

Reaction score
Does the frame come with the metal nosepads or those fixed on ones?

Is the frame seated further or closer to your face?

Adjustable metal notepads. Already got the optician to adjust once, closer to my face. Still can see the glare. /sigh

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I will pm you tonight.
At the same time, do you have any preferred locations? So if my workplace is further for you, I can always recommend another trusted practice for you to visit.

Hi GANGSTERKIA, can you pls share your shop location? Would like to visit for advise and consult on my replacement. Thank you

Fookie@06

Reaction score
I will pm you tonight.
At the same time, do you have any preferred locations? So if my workplace is further for you, I can always recommend another trusted practice for you to visit.

Thank you. I am staying in Sengkang. Pls let me know your location and alternatives. Like will visit you to get proper check.

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can share how much to polish the Lindberg buffalo horn specs and also to clean the specs and make adjustment to the specs? Lazy to travel to jamco.. need to put spec there for a few days?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I would not recommend you to do it yourself. I seen cases of customers breaking it. Let the professionals handle it :D

I can pm you how to do it but it’s risky if you don’t know how to handle it. Usually leave it for 3-4 days overnight.

Anyone can share how much to polish the Lindberg buffalo horn specs and also to clean the specs and make adjustment to the specs? Lazy to travel to jamco.. need to put spec there for a few days?

dominicwor2

Master Member
Reaction score
I would not recommend you to do it yourself. I seen cases of customers breaking it. Let the professionals handle it :D

I can pm you how to do it but it’s risky if you don’t know how to handle it. Usually leave it for 3-4 days overnight.

Hi bro, does your workplace able to do up shades (i.e oakley mainlinks or rudy project) with prescription lens that can be high contrast, photochromic and of polycarbonate material?

I'm aware that due to my high degree (400 per eye), some shades may not be able to accommodate the lens thickness.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately not at the moment but working on it. However you can look towards eyewear optics at Thomson Plaza. They have a sports curve customised lens brand called ICRX. Able to do up such lenses with the properties you are looking for and aesthetically pleasing.
BUT, pre-empt you, the price is really steep. You can drop by to enquire with them, through the phone is usually harder to explain.

Hi bro, does your workplace able to do up shades (i.e oakley mainlinks or rudy project) with prescription lens that can be high contrast, photochromic and of polycarbonate material?

I'm aware that due to my high degree (400 per eye), some shades may not be able to accommodate the lens thickness.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.