The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

dominicwor2

Master Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately not at the moment but working on it. However you can look towards eyewear optics at Thomson Plaza. They have a sports curve customised lens brand called ICRX. Able to do up such lenses with the properties you are looking for and aesthetically pleasing.
BUT, pre-empt you, the price is really steep. You can drop by to enquire with them, through the phone is usually harder to explain.

Many thanks for the heads up and referral, really appreciate that!

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would not recommend you to do it yourself. I seen cases of customers breaking it. Let the professionals handle it :D

I can pm you how to do it but it’s risky if you don’t know how to handle it. Usually leave it for 3-4 days overnight.
Ic.. your shop got so? How much huh pm me.. thanks

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
You should do it back at the place you purchased it from. At least if got damages easier to get it serviced. If you send to another place to do... the place is not liable for damages incurred while servicing...
Be safe! Haha.. Jamco will be able to do it well👍🏻

Ic.. your shop got so? How much huh pm me.. thanks

dolphbox

Reaction score
You should do it back at the place you purchased it from. At least if got damages easier to get it serviced. If you send to another place to do... the place is not liable for damages incurred while servicing...
Be safe! Haha.. Jamco will be able to do it well👍🏻

Hi GANGSTERKIA,

Can you PM me your shop location. Thanks

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hoya is having a promo right now.

For an average tier lenses, Hoya dynamic summit has a free upgrade to dynamic premium(wider field of view at reading zone).

For a more premium tier, lifestyle balansis has a free upgrade to lifestyle V+(Better distance and better reading zone).

If it’s going to be your first pair, you can consider lifestyle V+, really comfortable pair of lenses.

If you are looking at essilor, there are 3 tiers of lenses

Average:comfort 3.0
Premium:physio 3.0
High tier: X-series

Any recommendation for progressive lens? Hoya / Essilor?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Light, comfortable, durable, aesthetically appealing, High quality workmanship.

Sounds Like a good price. I know of other japonism model that cost 700-800 too. It’s a good choice.

How is Japonism frame? Worth it at $550 for titanium?

Last edited:

Mai tu leow

Reaction score

For an average tier lenses, Hoya dynamic summit has a free upgrade to dynamic premium(wider field of view at reading zone).

For a more premium tier, lifestyle balansis has a free upgrade to lifestyle V+(Better distance and better reading zone).

If it’s going to be your first pair, you can consider lifestyle V+, really comfortable pair of lenses.

BTW, because of my high degrees, Zeiss cannot do their “individual 2” for me.
So, i switched to Hoya V+. First time wearing a progressive lens. Just wore for few hours. Wow, really cannot tell that i am wearing a progressive lens. Its so smooth that i thought i am still wearing a single vision lens.

Trisys

Reaction score

If comparing high tier x-series and high tier mystyle?
For progressive lens is it that choosing a large frame equate to more viewing area?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Mystyle V+???

But yes, their Mystyle v+ is really the best progressive lens imho.

But the cost of it is steeper unfortunately.

So, i switched to Hoya V+. First time wearing a progressive lens. Just wore for few hours. Wow, really cannot tell that i am wearing a progressive lens. Its so smooth that i thought i am still wearing a single vision lens.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Highest tier of x series is xclusive which only a few shops in Singapore can do.
Highest tier of Mystyle would be the Mystyle v+. Though one tier lower mystyle profile is also good enough.

No, bigger frame actually gives you more distortion rather than wider field of view. In a way yes it is wider but the extra wide spaces is rather fuzzy rather than clear.

If comparing high tier x-series and high tier mystyle?
For progressive lens is it that choosing a large frame equate to more viewing area?

Trisys

Reaction score
Hi, may I know where you make your progressive lens at and the costs? Looking to make one as well. Thanks

Trisys

Reaction score
Highest tier of x series is xclusive which only a few shops in Singapore can do.
Highest tier of Mystyle would be the Mystyle v+. Though one tier lower mystyle profile is also good enough.

No, bigger frame actually gives you more distortion rather than wider field of view. In a way yes it is wider but the extra wide spaces is rather fuzzy rather than clear.

How come? May I know which shop able to do Xseries?
For hoya mystyle all shop can do?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Mystyle profile most shop can do. Mystyle V+, I would recommend you to go to eyewear optics to do. They are very experienced with hoya lenses. You can even do the varilux xclusive there as they have the *terminal* to do it.

X series consist of 3 separate tiers
Normal-x-design
Better-x-track(requires ipad+xtrack app to measure your near vision behaviour)
Best-x-clusive(requires terminal visual office 2)

How come? May I know which shop able to do Xseries?
For hoya mystyle all shop can do?

Trisys

Reaction score
Mystyle profile most shop can do. Mystyle V+, I would recommend you to go to eyewear optics to do. They are very experienced with hoya lenses. You can even do the varilux xclusive there as they have the *terminal* to do it.

X series consist of 3 separate tiers
Normal-x-design
Better-x-track(requires ipad+xtrack app to measure your near vision behaviour)
Best-x-clusive(requires terminal visual office 2)

Is it the one at Thomson Plaza?
Do all progressive lens need to use terminal?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes Thomson Plaza, and no, the xclusive requires it.

But if you ask me, if you want to get a high tier lenses, then the Mystyle v+ is still better. If you intend to go down to Thomson Plaza do let me know, so I can recommend you to look for the staff to help you.

Is it the one at Thomson Plaza?
Do all progressive lens need to use terminal?

Trisys

Reaction score
Yes Thomson Plaza, and no, the xclusive requires it.

But if you ask me, if you want to get a high tier lenses, then the Mystyle v+ is still better. If you intend to go down to Thomson Plaza do let me know, so I can recommend you to look for the staff to help you.

Yup, can PM me the staff to look for? Thanks alot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.