The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some updates here. Good news, Hoya highest tier Mystyle v+ has a new price revision. Previously 1.5 would cost 1500, now it’s going at 980. I believe there was a review here by a user too.

For those intending to change, can take note of this new info.

Edit: I checked, there is no changes to to lenses material, clarity and design. Price lowered to be more competitive. Also if you purchase it, your second pair if you make office lens will be 50% off on top of lens price. So can use old frame to do it.

Hi boss, still waiting for your reply leh...

Is hoya price revision price permanent?

For 1.67, whats the original and revised price?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went back to my neighborhood shop last Sat, as they quoted me $790, less S50 from the 1st quote. And, the lens will be upgraded to the next tier.

I guess you took normal lifestyle balansis without blue control? Can share your review on lifestyle balansis? Previously which lens have you been using?

Your first quote $850 a bit expensive if without blue control.

Waiting for gangsterkia boss for over a month to update whats the before and after price for 1.67 mystyle V+ and whether the promotion price is a permanent price revision or not...

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey....
I really thought I replied you already. If I dint then my bad..sorry!

Old
1.67 mystyle v+ 2000

New

Yes permanent.

Hi boss, still waiting for your reply leh...

Is hoya price revision price permanent?

For 1.67, whats the original and revised price?

frostcsg

Reaction score
Shamir lens

Hi all,

Can i seek advice on Shamir Autograph lll lenses..are they good and whats the usual pricing like?

Does it come with UV coating as well?

Thanks..:)

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes they come with uv coating, but based on memory for the prices, I would prefer to go with Hoya mystyle profile, v+ or Essilor x track.

Hi all,

Can i seek advice on Shamir Autograph lll lenses..are they good and whats the usual pricing like?

Does it come with UV coating as well?

Thanks..:)

lowsesbbfa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly not recommended. High chance your lenses will break. If you ok with the risk then we don’t mind doing for you. If it’s a new piece of lens it will still be safer.

The most experience person will tell you the same thing too.

Even with this kind of lens power?

<R> Sph -2.5 Cyl -1.5 Axis 6
<L> Sph -4.25 Cyl -0.5 Axis 169

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, for a fact that it’s not a new lens, it’s an old lens, and you are transferring it over to become a frameless, the lens might not be able to withstand the drilling of the holes and crack in the process. No one is liable if it gets damaged.

Best to do a new one I feel...

Even with this kind of lens power?

<R> Sph -2.5 Cyl -1.5 Axis 6
<L> Sph -4.25 Cyl -0.5 Axis 169

lowsesbbfa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, for a fact that it’s not a new lens, it’s an old lens, and you are transferring it over to become a frameless, the lens might not be able to withstand the drilling of the holes and crack in the process. No one is liable if it gets damaged.

New one out of my budget leh as it's my spare specs that I am thinking of changing. Reason why I want to change frames ish bcos the nosepads keep falling off. The lenses are very small, only about 27mm in height, very difficult to find something that size nowadays.

On that note, big size frames have been popular for the past 5 years+, when do you think smaller size frames will be popular again?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually small size frame has never left the trend. Just that 27 is really small and not many Brands carry frames of that size..

I would really say it’s a big risk and highly recommend you to stick to it haha...

New one out of my budget leh as it's my spare specs that I am thinking of changing. Reason why I want to change frames ish bcos the nosepads keep falling off. The lenses are very small, only about 27mm in height, very difficult to find something that size nowadays.

On that note, big size frames have been popular for the past 5 years+, when do you think smaller size frames will be popular again?

dappermen

Reaction score
Zoff from japan (outlets everywhere)

did u try zoff esp for the budget ?

a basic len* is provided free (of cos the checks are foc) for a pair of glasses from 88-98sgd, assuming u picked the more expensive frames close to $180, it is still worth it !!!

it is cheaper than owndays for sure!

just add on a few 10s for special lens eg computer lens, Lao Hua/reading glasses etc
even have collaborations w Snoopy! https://www.zoff.sg/collections/peanuts

newuserid

Reaction score
My progressive glasses just got badly scratched, hence will need to replace them. Popped by both zoff and owndays. Zoff progressive with transition is Seiko. Can share whether is Seiko good? Zoff only +$198 (on top of frame) while owndays is +$400. Thanks

rowrowroyce

Reaction score
did u try zoff esp for the budget ?

a basic len* is provided free (of cos the checks are foc) for a pair of glasses from 88-98sgd, assuming u picked the more expensive frames close to $180, it is still worth it !!!

it is cheaper than owndays for sure!

just add on a few 10s for special lens eg computer lens, Lao Hua/reading glasses etc
even have collaborations w Snoopy! https://www.zoff.sg/collections/peanuts

Helpful advice bro! Appreciate it. I need to look at this site - never heard it before. Cheers! :zotto:

dappermen

Reaction score
it's been in sg for sometime

Helpful advice bro! Appreciate it. I need to look at this site - never heard it before. Cheers! :zotto:
U r most welcome!

it is from jp, usually i get my purchase done in jp Zoff, but if i need to maintainn/repair etc or upgrade , i can still do it in sg Zoff (same system, they kept ur data no matter where u r )

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey....
I really thought I replied you already. If I dint then my bad..sorry!

Old
1.67 mystyle v+ 2000

New

Yes permanent.

Alright man!!! Surprise hoya made the cut permanent. Previously i think few years back if im not wrong they revised price upwards.

Maybe business is not good so Hoya now mark down prices. Is it across the board for all their lenses? Now $1,510 plus free upgrade to higher tier?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Better to get new lens. I used to "transfer" lenses and end up focus went off cant see clearly.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yar big frame trend since around 2010. Almost 10years. Big trend will only go away when kpop decide to change back to small size. Now quite hard to find 27mm height. Even 29mm already very hard to find. For me i think optimal height is 30mm. Any bigger the lens thickness will be intolerable and heavy, causing frame to slip forward and aesthetically unpleasing as well.

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi GANGSTERKIA,

i saw that you have mentioned that Hoya mystyle V+ has lowered their price. May i know whether mystyle profile has also revised the price?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi GANGSTERKIA,

i saw that you have mentioned that Hoya mystyle V+ has lowered their price. May i know whether mystyle profile has also revised the price?

Mystyle V+ is higher tier than mystyle profile right? I think what boss meant is that $1510 is mystyle profile 1.67 price then get free upgrade to v+ ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.