The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Wa this one quite shag 10 years, I agree with your points just that one important factor to consider, personal handling. If handle like rough usage confirm die no matter how good the frame is.

Good quality means the colour on the frame dont drop off fast, the joints dont break, the frame structure dont warp easily (some frames u wear for long the shape will change due to heat and wear&tear) etc. Must last more than 10yrs then can considered good quality.

Renzokukenz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would say most are the same except for the brand and design. Some may be better a little in terms of fitting. Eg. Oakley with their rubber stems and the way their frames hug the wearer's head

How the frame hugs the face is really important for me.
They all look the same online but Wah so different when you try different brands of the same design.

I just got a quote from them
$750 after discount frames only
Really crazy sia.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly I want to help you save, so mystyle profile is really solid. Cx feedback is v+ is better but only if your laohua is higher e.g. +2.00-+2.50, so visible distortion is lesser.

You want save money still want buy both lol. Don’t la please... just do mystyle profile can alr. And if you want, the lousier or sports pair do lifestyle v+ or dynamic premium can alr...

Im thinking 2 good pairs use mystyle profile and zeiss individual 2 to compare since both are full bespoke.

Sports i intend just use OSA SV lens since only jogging no need reading.

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
went to check a cheaper progressive lens

Kodak Easy
Blue Light protection

R-750-100x050
L-650-250X155
Add+200

lens price $430 ok mah?

Renzokukenz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so I managed to get TWO pair of spectacles with Crizal lenses at $200 due to some promotion (Crizal Blue UV Capture with Sapphire UV), (the second pair no blue light protection though)

https://www.foptics.club/

they actually told me to save my money and not get Crizal Prevencia (even though they will make more money) because it is very reflective

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Reflective as in when taking photos yes, the purplish reflection will be there.
The focus of prevencia is that the lenses will have the yellow hue when you look through it which helps to reduce the glare when you are looking at electronic devices as compared to bluecapture.
Many people say bluecap is the best and cut out more bluelight or newer tech, but tbh, it’s similar. More for individuals who do not like the yellowish hue.

so I managed to get TWO pair of spectacles with Crizal lenses at $200 due to some promotion (Crizal Blue UV Capture with Sapphire UV), (the second pair no blue light protection though)

https://www.foptics.club/

they actually told me to save my money and not get Crizal Prevencia (even though they will make more money) because it is very reflective

Renzokukenz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reflective as in when taking photos yes, the purplish reflection will be there.
The focus of prevencia is that the lenses will have the yellow hue when you look through it which helps to reduce the glare when you are looking at electronic devices as compared to bluecapture.
Many people say bluecap is the best and cut out more bluelight or newer tech, but tbh, it’s similar. More for individuals who do not like the yellowish hue.

I read that blue cap only cuts less than 20% though
so i guess for folks who want higher protection, Prevencia is the way to go.

I am still shock I managed to get two pair of specs with Crizal lens at less than $200 (although the second pair does not have blue light protection but still crizal nonethless)

my friend told me to go easy (cheaper) with frames because you'd be tempted to switch to new frames and get a new "look" every year

thanks for sharing your inputs

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Not true..
p8WBgLT.jpg

Both blocks similar %. Difference in general is the yellowish hue. In detail, then Prevencia blocks slightly more.

The main factor of recommendation would be patient comfort, are they ok with slight colour saturation(prevencia) or more natural perception(bluecap).

I read that blue cap only cuts less than 20% though
so i guess for folks who want higher protection, Prevencia is the way to go.

I am still shock I managed to get two pair of specs with Crizal lens at less than $200 (although the second pair does not have blue light protection but still crizal nonethless)

my friend told me to go easy (cheaper) with frames because you'd be tempted to switch to new frames and get a new "look" every year

thanks for sharing your inputs

Renzokukenz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not true..
p8WBgLT.jpg

Both blocks similar %. Difference in general is the yellowish hue. In detail, then Prevencia blocks slightly more.

The main factor of recommendation would be patient comfort, are they ok with slight colour saturation(prevencia) or more natural perception(bluecap).

yup your screenshot says it blocks less than 20% (at least 20% but if it is polycarbonate it is slightly lower) (not sure what polycarbonate concave is tbh, so I just assume mine is the lousier one)

and yup i know Prevencia blocks more
i didn't know Prevencia is literally yellowish looking though, I wouldn't like that so I guess they made the right recommendation

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i didn't know Prevencia is literally yellowish looking though, I wouldn't like that so I guess they made the right recommendation

Eyezen is using which coat? Prevencia?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
But did you use polycarbonate(2 pairs of polycarbonate lenses for 200 is dirt cheap). I have the blue light filter machine tester(commerciali zed) of course), it blocks more than 20% even if it’s polycarbonate.
Don’t worry about these small % blocking. Between either of them, that 5% or so doesn’t make too much of a difference.

yup your screenshot says it blocks less than 20% (at least 20% but if it is polycarbonate it is slightly lower) (not sure what polycarbonate concave is tbh, so I just assume mine is the lousier one)

Renzokukenz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But did you use polycarbonate(2 pairs of polycarbonate lenses for 200 is dirt cheap). I have the blue light filter machine tester(commerciali zed) of course), it blocks more than 20% even if it’s polycarbonate.
Don’t worry about these small % blocking. Between either of them, that 5% or so doesn’t make too much of a difference.

nah I am not too worried about the %

I am bothered by the fact that it is called "Crizal Blue UV Capture with Sapphire UV" but I can't find it anywhere on the official website

because I can't find the exact name online,
online there's only "Crizal Sapphire 360 UV"

Crizal_Anti_reflective_coating_chart_1024x1024.png

so really don't know what this "Crizal Blue UV Capture with Sapphire UV" is about

I also want both front and back UV coating, but I doubt they have it

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
In this case I suspect it could be released earlier to certain regions first, just like Hoya sensity 2 which is available in Europe and not in Asia yet.
Also....
fKK3sNf.jpg

Depending on how you find/which website for which region, you might be able to get the info you are looking for. Likely it’s a region thing.

I am bothered by the fact that it is called "Crizal Blue UV Capture with Sapphire UV" but I can't find it anywhere on the official website

so really don't know what this "Crizal Blue UV Capture with Sapphire UV" is about

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Also... don’t fret.

scA6BFY.jpg

They do, just have to scroll down abit more haha :)

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All these lens really make people very confusing.

Macam like becoming more and more like mobile phone and tech gadgets, every 2 years with technology upgrade must keep changing the spectacle lens else cant keep up with the market latest offering like that. :(

Missed the good old days when one type of lens design will last for many years, wont need to worry becoming obsolete. :(

Just like last time fridge can last decades, now with ebergy saving technology at most last 5yrs gone case. :(

Last edited:

Renzokukenz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also... don’t fret.

scA6BFY.jpg

They do, just have to scroll down abit more haha :)

the "Sapphire UV" part confuses me

so is it part of the Sapphire 360 line or not?? :s22:
cause the Sapphire 360 line has anti-fog, but the shop told me the lens i am getting does not have it

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Take all the anti fog you see with a pinch of salt. As I mentioned, the website you are is another region one. Thus not all the products there sg has.
Sg Essilor also got anti fog, but we all know how work :s12:

the "Sapphire UV" part confuses me

so is it part of the Sapphire 360 line or not?? :s22:
cause the Sapphire 360 line has anti-fog, but the shop told me the lens i am getting does not have it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.