The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Go for the sync 3 pro and have the addition power be used at +1.35D. Essilor is only up to 1.10 and Zeiss 1.25.

But if you are facing the computer for long hours, I might recommend you to use computer lenses instead, as even if you use progressives or antifatigue lenses, you might find yourself constantly tilting your chin up to view the computer.

I am ard 40 to 45 years old

Last edited:

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go for the sync 3 pro and have the addition power be used at +1.35D. Essilor is only up to 1.10 and Zeiss 1.25.

But if you are facing the computer for long hours, I might recommend you to use computer lenses instead, as even if you use progressives or antifatigue lenses, you might find yourself constantly tilting your chin up to view the computer.

Not mystyle profile??

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My shortsightedness is about 700 to 800 degree. My astigmatism should be less than 200. I usually face the computer for at least 8 hours per day.

SYNC III and Nulux active seems the similar. What type of Hoya lens suits me better? Any recommendation? What is the estimated price if its 1.74 high index and 1.64 high index lens?

How about essilor? I was quite confuse with the many types of lens available and not sure which suits me more. For a person who face computers for long hours which is a more suitable lens? Blue UV capture or Eyezen or others?

I same as u except higher astig.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
By using computer for many hours, office lens would be better suited for the user. Also based on the age, sync 3 pro would work fine for general purpose too.
I did not quote MSP as firstly considering the budget, msp for 1.67 or 1.74. Also for a 40-45 at first would be too overkill as his addition power would not be that strong that requires that minimal distortion.

Not mystyle profile??

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
You have close to 0 distance viewing. Only intermediate(computer distance) and near(arms length).

However depending on how experienced the practitioner is, the power can be adjusted/played around to allow you to see even further than just the computer distance.

What's the disadvantages for office lens? How's the price difference as compared to say MyStyle? Thanks.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By using computer for many hours, office lens would be better suited for the user. Also based on the age, sync 3 pro would work fine for general purpose too.
I did not quote MSP as firstly considering the budget, msp for 1.67 or 1.74. Also for a 40-45 at first would be too overkill as his addition power would not be that strong that requires that minimal distortion.

Im also 40-45 yrs old leh. So would it be an overkill if i take MSP?? I use pc 8hrs plus tv 3hrs plus digital mobile phone about 5 hours a day, on the mrt see phone, at home play mobile games and even when walking on the road scroll phone. ( i sleep about 4hrs a day)

How like that? But Sync 3 is not double aspheric lens right i remember u saying last time? His (-) so high not afraid lens will be very thick if dont take MSP?

By the way my astig very high. Will taking MSP helps a lot in the prism?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You have close to 0 distance viewing. Only intermediate(computer distance) and near(arms length).

However depending on how experienced the practitioner is, the power can be adjusted/played around to allow you to see even further than just the computer distance.

Means sync pro lens cannot be used to watch tv lor?? My tv about 2-3metres away. So meaning still making fully customised Mystyle profile will be best right? Clear at all distances and angles?

If lets say my optician no equipment measure the back vertex distance (distance between my eyes and back of lens) as well as pandoscopic tilt then how he order MSP for me? I suppose PD normal machine still can take la. Will he need specialized machine to take the other 2 readings or normal machine also can take? I paiseh ask him la later malu.. but i heard him saying he wanna use back the normal machine. Seriously speaking is it better i go find a shop with the updated machines since im taking MSP else will it waste the lens potential??

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
For your case is different, you wanted the best of the best. I did tell you lifestyle v+ is enough.
Too little sleep will affect your visual acuity. Your eye muscles will be tired and cause headache, hard for you to focus and might lead you to think it’s your glasses but actually, it’s just more rest that you need. Thickness is more on the index you choose rather than the lens tier that you choose too.

Im also 40-45 yrs old leh. So would it be an overkill if i take MSP?? I use pc 8hrs plus tv 3hrs plus digital mobile phone about 5 hours a day, on the mrt see phone, at home play mobile games and even when walking on the road scroll phone. ( i sleep about 4hrs a day)

How like that? But Sync 3 is not double aspheric lens right i remember u saying last time? His (-) so high not afraid lens will be very thick if dont take MSP?

By the way my astig very high. Will taking MSP helps a lot in the prism?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Sync 3 pro is not a computer lens. It’s an antifatigue/digital. I told you only Afew days back hahaha.

I believe it’s better to get those specifications done to point so that the lenses will be more customised to your needs. As good as a progressive lens is, don’t expect it to be best of all worlds. Maybe right now since your presbyopia level is not too high, it might be perfect for you, but as your addition level increases, your intermediate zone will become smaller/narrower. That’s when office lens comes into play.

Measurements for Msp can be done with just basic tools just that like you mentioned, not to it’s potential.(that said, sensitive individuals will feel it more as compared to others).

Means sync pro lens cannot be used to watch tv lor?? My tv about 2-3metres away. So meaning still making fully customised Mystyle profile will be best right? Clear at all distances and angles?

If lets say my optician no equipment measure the back vertex distance (distance between my eyes and back of lens) as well as pandoscopic tilt then how he order MSP for me? I suppose PD normal machine still can take la. Will he need specialized machine to take the other 2 readings or normal machine also can take? I paiseh ask him la later malu.. but i heard him saying he wanna use back the normal machine. Seriously speaking is it better i go find a shop with the updated machines since im taking MSP else will it waste the lens potential??

Loveleaftreewind

Reaction score

Thanks for the recommendation. :) By the way its mentioned that Sync 3 pro is not a computer lens but an antifatigue/digital. I always thought that computer lens and digital lens are the same. May I know what is the difference between a computer and digital lens?

By the way, I feel that for my right eye only, I can read better if I move my hp further away from my face. If the image is sharper when the distance is further away, does it means that I have " Lao Hua Yan" for my right eye already.

When do people get spectacle to address "Lao Hua Yan"? Do the power for Lao Hua Yan" change greatly at the initial stage? Is it advisable to get a spectacle to address "Lao Hua Yan" at the initial stage or only after my long-sightedness have hit a certain degree?

If I get Sync 3 pro does it mean I need 2 spectacles? One for short sightedness and one for "Lao Hao Yan"?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm there’s quite abit to explain here. Will get back to you in the evening.

Thanks for the recommendation. :) By the way its mentioned that Sync 3 pro is not a computer lens but an antifatigue/digital. I always thought that computer lens and digital lens are the same. May I know what is the difference between a computer and digital lens?

By the way, I feel that for my right eye only, I can read better if I move my hp further away from my face. If the image is sharper when the distance is further away, does it means that I have " Lao Hua Yan" for my right eye already.

When do people get spectacle to address "Lao Hua Yan"? Do the power for Lao Hua Yan" change greatly at the initial stage? Is it advisable to get a spectacle to address "Lao Hua Yan" at the initial stage or only after my long-sightedness have hit a certain degree?

If I get Sync 3 pro does it mean I need 2 spectacles? One for short sightedness and one for "Lao Hao Yan"?

mackrazy

Reaction score
Need advice from any expert. I’ve been using Owndays prestige progressive lenses for the past year. But now I’m finding it impossible to see clearly when using the computer and I am adjusting the frame at a higher angle so my eyes are using the bottom / reading portion more to see the screen clearer.
What brand of progressive lenses should I go for now? Essilor X series ? Could anyone advise price or lens type to go for ? Thank u

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Can I ask for your age or age range at least? Seems like a computer lens would be better for you, or else your reading power/presbyopia/Lao Hua has increased.

Need advice from any expert. I’ve been using Owndays prestige progressive lenses for the past year. But now I’m finding it impossible to see clearly when using the computer and I am adjusting the frame at a higher angle so my eyes are using the bottom / reading portion more to see the screen clearer.
What brand of progressive lenses should I go for now? Essilor X series ? Could anyone advise price or lens type to go for ? Thank u

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I finally got my specs

can I ask if such wipes are good for the lens???

https://www.watsons.com.sg/lens-cleansing-wipes-20-pieces/p/BP_68399

Lens-Cleansing-Wipes-20-Pieces-68399.jpg

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I will split my answers into points for each paragraph.

1)Computer lenses usually allows for intermediate and near vision simultaneously, Distance/far vision will not be clear. It is counted as a Deskbound lens. Digital lenses are good for early presbyopes or individual who does alot of near work e.g. students/desk workers. They allow for distance, slight intermediate and near viewing at the same time but the intermediate zone is quite narrow. Thus If your Presbyopia or lao hua reach above a certain threshold, it doesnt work for you anymore as you are considered underpowered.

2)When you have presbyopia/laohua and you don't correct it, the solution for you to feel better when reading is either by removing your glasses to read OR to bring your reading material further from you. But if removing your glasses makes it worst then you might be far-sighted and requires progressives/digital/reading glasses for sure.

3)It usually sets in at about 37 years old onwards.
37-40 years old=+0.75--+1.00
41-47=+1.00--+1.75
47-50onwards=+1.75---+2.50
This is just a general indication and the reading power varies on individual eye muscles and their habitual working distance. Like you are presbyopic for both eyes, unlikely one. If its the case, likely your glasses degree is off after a period of time.

4)Sync 3 pro is a digital lens, thus you can refer to point 1.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.