The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

rerear

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. My degree is like this. Can go for lenticular? Yeah if really need to go for plastic then no choice liao. Any recommend for good plastic lens that are suitable for such thick glasses, small means vertically small? I was under the impression that for progressives, need slightly taller frame because you need to use the bottom part to look near/down.

If can suggest what index i need to go for will be great (e.g. 1.6, or 1.74), if choose plastic. But then again, if really choose plastic, should just go for non-lenticular else will appear like weird?

R-7.50-0.50x5
L-7.50-1.00x135

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. My degree is like this. Can go for lenticular? Yeah if really need to go for plastic then no choice liao. Any recommend for good plastic lens that are suitable for such thick glasses, small means vertically small? I was under the impression that for progressives, need slightly taller frame because you need to use the bottom part to look near/down.

If can suggest what index i need to go for will be great (e.g. 1.6, or 1.74), if choose plastic. But then again, if really choose plastic, should just go for non-lenticular else will appear like weird?

R-7.50-0.50x5
L-7.50-1.00x135

Small as in horizontally small
-7.50 not really high la 😂
Even a 1.67 index lens with a frame near to your Pupil Distance (PD) would be decently thin.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score

R-7.50-0.50x5
L-7.50-1.00x135

yeah no point going for lenticular.
1.74 is thinnest for plastic. the optom/optician just have to pick out an appropirate frame whereby there is still enough depth for you for your near reading

DouBleB

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got a quote for a pair of specs zeiss fsv as 1.6 UVProtect duravision bluepritect UV and silhouette frame at $460. Is this reasonable price ?

My Guess the frame is $300 usual is $498
Lens $160

Curious on the lens cost price.. anyone can share ?

imdarek

Reaction score
Hi, can i ask if you guys know if Prada SPR22Q - gems could be replaced?

AQlODDu.jpg

Thanks in advance.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, can i ask if you guys know if Prada SPR22Q - gems could be replaced?

AQlODDu.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Hi , if i am not wrong, will have to replace the whole temple. However, have to check availability with the agent to see if that model still has serviceable parts.

kaixin18

Reaction score

i don't mind supporting you as long as you are genuine, give factual advice, patient, give discount and have reliable after care as well. is this too much to ask? hope you don't misunderstand me. cos if you are tick all these boxes I will tell my friends as well to check your site out.

if i buy my own frame how much you charge for your lenses and is there a charge for putting the lens into my frame which i bought?

ccyip80

Reaction score
End up getting crizal eyezen with transition new color sapphire, high index 1.60 because have sign of long sighted liao
Progressive lens abit overkill for now and exp
Got it for $275 for the lens

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Hi, appreciate if could PM me the shop details. Thank you.

imdarek

Reaction score
Branded specs usually comes with 1 year warranty. check with the shop you bought from. Could get a free replacement if its within a year.

This spec frame is bought more than 3 years, the lenses were recently changed but one of the gems had dropped. I was wondering if I bring to the original Prada store, can 1 of the gems be replaced?

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there a way to prevent lenses from turning brownish after a year of usage?

Reaction score
i don't mind supporting you as long as you are genuine, give factual advice, patient, give discount and have reliable after care as well. is this too much to ask? hope you don't misunderstand me. cos if you are tick all these boxes I will tell my friends as well to check your site out.

if i buy my own frame how much you charge for your lenses and is there a charge for putting the lens into my frame which i bought?

Checking out our shop will let you better experience our service though. :s13:
We believe in providing maximum value for the lowest price to our customers, not discounted branded stuff that you don't need.:D

Check out what our customers say about us on Google (4.9/5 rating)

Can you PM me your prescription for me to give you a quote?

zx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. There shouldnt be anything lighter than that from my knowledge.

Apart from the material, the next factor to consider is the degree of your eye which will affect the weight.

Lindberg spirit/Air titanium also wont be able to match the weight of the frame.(as light as they are)

There are pros and cons of swissflex compared to other frames but to answer your qns, once again, Not that i know off at this point of time.(swissflex lightest)

Perhaps I can weigh in (no pun intended) with my experience.

My frameless Swissflex weighs in at 10g, Lindberg Air titanium rim weighs in at 15g. The 15g still feels comfortable, but really nothing can beat the weight of Swissflex.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.