The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where I can do lenses only at a cheap price? I'm a student and Owndays is too expensive for me :/
foptics near kovan. $35.90. open days 1 3 5, 6p.m. make appointment. collection 3 days

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Aneosx

Reaction score
Hi all,

i just went to get my vision check. it says spr +0.25, cyc +0.25 and axis 90. Do i ned to get prescription glasses?

Aneosx

Reaction score
isit necessary to get a glasses, or is tat jus a v slight refraction error on my eyes?

Reaction score
Hi all,

i just went to get my vision check. it says spr +0.25, cyc +0.25 and axis 90. Do i ned to get prescription glasses?

Hi!

Your degree is considered very mild. Not necessary to make glasses at all.
Probably just drop by any shop 1 year later or when you start seeing blurer. :)

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where to find the best price for 1.67 transition lens ah... or usually all locked by RRP

Reaction score
Yup, small plastic frames are recommended when using lenticular lenses for best effect. Lenticular lenses are still available with progressives. We'l normally recommend to those with super high prescription (usually >-10.00D). :s13:

Just for reference.

Update:
Had a customer recently change progressive lenses for his own frame.
Degree is -9.75D.

Old lens :1.74 index Progressive
New Lens:1.74 index Progressive Lenticular

Lens thickness went down by about 20-25%

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Any difference at the front too? For comparison sake e.g. diminishing effect of the myopic rings.

Just for reference.

Update:
Had a customer recently change progressive lenses for his own frame.
Degree is -9.75D.

Old lens :1.74 index Progressive
New Lens:1.74 index Progressive Lenticular

Lens thickness went down by about 20-25%

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys I needed some advise.

My specs had been broken, so I wearing another pair that I made in JB and which I suspected the reading is incorrect as I feel giddy.

However I ignore it worn in almost half a year until my baby accidentally break it.

Now I'm wearing contact lenses with the same degree but I realized when I'm unable to see text in close distance.
Holding Hp or papers approx 20cm away the text is blur but ok if I took out the lenses or spec.

Am I having 老花眼?

Any recommendation to test and make a new specs as it affect my work.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Good evening,

How old are you roughly?
Any idea what is your power right now?

There was a similar incident to a user here too, whereby he used same power of lenses with his glasses and thus have issue reading.( no power compensation when having you are over the limit for contact lenses).

Guys I needed some advise.

My specs had been broken, so I wearing another pair that I made in JB and which I suspected the reading is incorrect as I feel giddy.

However I ignore it worn in almost half a year until my baby accidentally break it.

Now I'm wearing contact lenses with the same degree but I realized when I'm unable to see text in close distance.
Holding Hp or papers approx 20cm away the text is blur but ok if I took out the lenses or spec.

Am I having 老花眼?

Any recommendation to test and make a new specs as it affect my work.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.