The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

mambofever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While waiting for Gangsterkia to give you his view. As an Lindberg user, I can say it is worthwhile. For my first pair with progressive lens, it was really a push and pull factor. That said, I did not turn back. Now I am wonder which brand can switch to. Haa.

Hi there,

Yes I honestly believe it’s really worth every penny you spend. The comfort , quality and aesthetics makes every single cent worth.

My first pair of Lindberg I immediately went for the buffalo horn(you don’t have to do the same), but up til now about 4-5 years, it is still going strong, only thing to service is just changing nosepads(foc for Lindberg servicing), and polishing the horn material. I dropped quite afew times, bathed, do my sports with it and no issue still. I actually have 4 pairs haha.. so like nethdale mentioned, it’s not easy to find another frame once you use it due to the frame fit..

Lindberg has different series, but I highly recommend the N.O.W or Acetanium series. Rim is also a nice option, though I feel it doesn’t look as professional as compared to the other series.

For myself, I have a horn, N.O.W, Rim and Acetanium.

thanks nethdale for the reassurance.

thanks gangsterkia for the detailed reply. considering the Lindberg N.o.w. I understand it takes more than a month for shipping. What I did not ask was that I heard from friends if there are issues, they need to ship it back to denmark for servicing. is that true?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
They have a service center in Hong Kong. So the waiting/servicing time might be shorter. Even if you order a new frame, waiting time from Denmark is about 2-4weeks depending on how fast/congested they are with orders. I had a customer waiting almost 1.5months to get his frame.

Their customer service to be frank is top notch. Case to case basis but a memorable occasion was when I had a service frame that was already 2 years old plus, but upon reporting the defect, they replaced a new one foc. Doesn’t happen very often though but still, very impressed.

thanks gangsterkia for the detailed reply. considering the Lindberg N.o.w. I understand it takes more than a month for shipping. What I did not ask was that I heard from friends if there are issues, they need to ship it back to denmark for servicing. is that true?

nethdale

Reaction score

Hi, after the posting , I went down to see my “new request” which just arrived. That request took about 3-4 weeks. The urge of commissioning was so huge after putting on; luckily with mine “slightly good” customer-relationship with them, they were very accommodating to accede to my request by re-ordering another similar pair from Lindberg which is considered customised. The rest is history and looking forward for its arrival which is 6-8 weeks from today. Haa.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Wait, you got another? :eek:

Hi, after the posting , I went down to see my “new request” which just arrived. That request took about 3-4 weeks. The urge of commissioning was so huge after putting on; luckily with mine “slightly good” customer-relationship with them, they were very accommodating to accede to my request by re-ordering another similar pair from Lindberg which is considered customised. The rest is history and looking forward for its arrival which is 6-8 weeks from today. Haa.

mambofever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They have a service center in Hong Kong. So the waiting/servicing time might be shorter. Even if you order a new frame, waiting time from Denmark is about 2-4weeks depending on how fast/congested they are with orders. I had a customer waiting almost 1.5months to get his frame.

Their customer service to be frank is top notch. Case to case basis but a memorable occasion was when I had a service frame that was already 2 years old plus, but upon reporting the defect, they replaced a new one foc. Doesn’t happen very often though but still, very impressed.

Fantastic to know. Thanks!

nethdale

Reaction score
Ahhh that’s nice! I am getting their UNICA horn probably towards the end of the month... can’t wait too :s13:

Unica horn. I salute you. It is premium and beyond my current consideration. Anyway, good choice and definitely a good buy.

yuelei

Reaction score
So for antifatigue type lens from those major brands, which one would you recommend in particular? Thanks.

Oh man, I thought you are presbyopic already hahha. Then if that’s the case, antifatigue is what you need rather than office lens. You need the blue light filter lenses coupled with the power reduction so it be more comfortable.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I personally prefer zeiss digital or Hoya sync 3. Maybe you should go with sync 3 since they have a free upgrade promo to sync 3 pro :s12:

So for antifatigue type lens from those major brands, which one would you recommend in particular? Thanks.

and_who

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I personally prefer zeiss digital or Hoya sync 3. Maybe you should go with sync 3 since they have a free upgrade promo to sync 3 pro :s12:

Paris Miki is having a free upgrade from zeiss digital to digital individual, and 15% off too. So I think it was 442? I paid 50 more for blue light coating so all in about 500 for 1.67. Went with that, and hope it turns out ok. Japanese optometrist didn’t use machine and manually measured my pupil location etc, haven’t collected yet.

Hope the above info is useful!

yuelei

Reaction score
Hi,

Paris Miki is having a free upgrade from zeiss digital to digital individual, and 15% off too. So I think it was 442? I paid 50 more for blue light coating so all in about 500 for 1.67. Went with that, and hope it turns out ok. Japanese optometrist didn’t use machine and manually measured my pupil location etc, haven’t collected yet.

Hope the above info is useful!

Thank you guys for the information!

twominds

Reaction score

I have the Zeiss digital at the moment and tbh I'm not too sure what the difference is between this and my regular lenses. But then again I tend to be conscious about how much screen time I get

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Do you rmb or know what addition power is given to you? And at the same time your age range?

I have the Zeiss digital at the moment and tbh I'm not too sure what the difference is between this and my regular lenses. But then again I tend to be conscious about how much screen time I get

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I see, that explains why you might not feel too much of a difference. Try looking at your lenses through the lower half and compare to the top half, you will then feel the difference.(especially at distance)

Also subconsciously when you use the lower half to read, it generally helps to reduce eye strain.

But overall +0.50 is the most minimal, usually I recommend +0.75 but again depending on the age of the wearer too.

IIRC I got additional 0.50

iamgaara

Reaction score
Hi there, can anyone recommend spectacle shops in Woodlands area? Shops in Sembawang and Yishun also can. Thanks.

twominds

Reaction score
I see, that explains why you might not feel too much of a difference. Try looking at your lenses through the lower half and compare to the top half, you will then feel the difference.(especially at distance)

Also subconsciously when you use the lower half to read, it generally helps to reduce eye strain.

But overall +0.50 is the most minimal, usually I recommend +0.75 but again depending on the age of the wearer too.

Ahh I see. Maybe I'm not reading through the lower half... might need to make more of a conscious effort

Ping Ann

Reaction score
Hi GANGSTERKIA,

Please PM me your shop. I have tried sending msg to you but I think I am not able to do so.

Thank you.

Ping Ann

Reaction score
May I check how do one tell if the astigmatism degree was given correctly? For vision degree can tell fr blur to clear, what about astig?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.