The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

tmster

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey,
You bought from malaysia?
Seems to be too cheap already. You should probably go back to the same place to make it. Since you do not need blue control, you can get it even cheaper from the same shop you go to.

I made in Singapore, should be about 350-400 range, i don't know the exact cost for the lens only because that time came with frames.

So the price is reasonable, if that's the case i probably just go back to the same shop. My degree on the card is like +320 and -120 or something.

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
Photochromic is the standard for all brand, transition is a name trademark and bought over by Essilor. Zeiss is photo fusion, Hoya is sensity.
Yes that's what I mean. Remove the transition, photo fusion and sensity whatnot from their catalogue and ads whatever. Just use photochromic

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes that's what I mean. Remove the transition, photo fusion and sensity whatnot from their catalogue and ads whatever. Just use photochromic

I see, If that is the case, Then how would you suggest they explain the price difference of the same photochromic lenses but from different lens company?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I made in Singapore, should be about 350-400 range, i don't know the exact cost for the lens only because that time came with frames.

So the price is reasonable, if that's the case i probably just go back to the same shop. My degree on the card is like +320 and -120 or something.

Let me reconfirm, Frame+Dynamic Summit w/ BLue control for 350-400?

tmster

Master Member
Reaction score
Let me reconfirm, Frame+Dynamic Summit w/ BLue control for 350-400?

Total was about $500, i think frame was 100+, so lens should be around 350 or so.

Written on the card is dynamic summit 1.53 bp. Yes with blue control.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Total was about $500, i think frame was 100+, so lens should be around 350 or so.

Written on the card is dynamic summit 1.53 bp. Yes with blue control.

Was it A half frame? Either way its a really good price. You could also consider sharing the location of the shop with the other forumners, then they can enjoy the lobang too.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not true la... I believe those that tried the better/more ex lenses will feel the difference than the cheaper basic ones.

Seems like it's really hard to persuade/convince you that not all of us are trying to ''ketou'' you. If you really want to save, then just get a kodak or OEM lens that will cost you maybe 500-700. Impossible to have best of everything, if you want even cheaper, go owndays/lenskart/zoff. They might have more basic/cheaper lens. Then your savings can go into products that you might deem more wuhua like watches or smth else.

No mah, you said mystyle profile much better than balansis so wanted to know price difference so that can work out whether wu hua or not. Not saving for other things more wu hua but looking for best bang for buck lens.

Those lens u mentioned cannot la. I said if mystyle really too expensive then maybe go for essilor or something with better value mah. Lens like Owndays/lenscart/zoff are low quality to value ratio leh.

Last edited:

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually i dont care about all the names.. make people more confused only.. more important which ones have higher quality to value ratio. Some lens quality so so only but after marketing and advertisement becomes atas expensive but quality only slightly above. Looking for a more reasonably valued lens with some quality. No need full customisation or whatever jargons as long can see reasonably clear. Anyway only last about 3yrs or so still need to replace.

Nowadays the lens companies make it so complicated until some higher tiered design needs specialized equipment for optical shops to measure and take order. Those optical shops who dont have deep pockets cant order lenses like zeiss smartlife, only selected shops. Not sure if hoya mystyle lens also work same way or not.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
That’s why the lenses are more expensive as it’s value/quality is worth the price you pay. I think we gone through this before earlier posts back. You are paying for something that gives you comfort for the next few years. So it’s like paying 300-400/year for 2-4 years. Not really very expensive Ma. I mentioned it’s much better, but I did also mention lifestyle v+ is good enough too. And lifestyle v+ is likely below 1.4K for the lenses for 1.67 index. As long as it’s 1.67 if you want to go above average tier, most Better Brand would be around 1k and above.

There is mark up for sure for us to survive, to pay our rent, our salaries Ma. If we sell at cost how to survive? Everything also will have mark up too. It’s not about cheating the unaware individuals.

No mah, you said mystyle profile much better than balansis so wanted to know price difference so that can work out whether wu hua or not. Not saving for other things more wu hua but looking for best bang for buck lens.

Those lens u mentioned cannot la. I said if mystyle really too expensive then maybe go for essilor or something with better value mah. Lens like Owndays/lenscart/zoff are low quality to value ratio leh.

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello i am about to spend $$ on my first expensive spec + crizal lens

i am new to owning specs so please help guide me
can i ask if i buy an ultra sonic bath, will i damage my specs if i use it everyday ??

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
You mentioned that lens quality so so, after marketing and advertisement become atas expensive but from your few posts back, seems like you still want to go for that particular brand. So what do you actually want? Cheap and good? If only last 3 years and change, then get yourself a cheap 500-700 1.67 progressives.
You want comfort, then really really no choice have to pay the price for it unfortunately.
And since you state no need fancy state of the art equipments, just go for the basic ones which requires pen torch and marker to get your lens measurement.
I can recommend you now,
1.67 matrix HD
1.67 jazz HD
1.67 calligraphy
1.67 Asahi uv3g
All about 500-700. Should last you 3 years or hopefully more too.

Actually i dont care about all the names.. make people more confused only.. more important which ones have higher quality to value ratio. Some lens quality so so only but after marketing and advertisement becomes atas expensive but quality only slightly above. Looking for a more reasonably valued lens with some quality. No need full customisation or whatever jargons as long can see reasonably clear. Anyway only last about 3yrs or so still need to replace.

Nowadays the lens companies make it so complicated until some higher tiered design needs specialized equipment for optical shops to measure and take order. Those optical shops who dont have deep pockets cant order lenses like zeiss smartlife, only selected shops. Not sure if hoya mystyle lens also work same way or not.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes it will, these ultra sonic “rice cooker” will cause the coating of lenses to peel over time. I don’t suggest that, even coating on frames will peel off too if they are old. Yes it removes dirts or sediments that accumulates over a long period, but be aware that it causes these damages to your frame and lenses too.

hello i am about to spend $$ on my first expensive spec + crizal lens

i am new to owning specs so please help guide me
can i ask if i buy an ultra sonic bath, will i damage my specs if i use it everyday ??

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes it will, these ultra sonic “rice cooker” will cause the coating of lenses to peel over time. I don’t suggest that, even coating on frames will peel off too if they are old. Yes it removes dirts or sediments that accumulates over a long period, but be aware that it causes these damages to your frame and lenses too.

i am quite paranoid

if i use the microfibre cloth daily, won't the cloth attract dirt and small particles which might end up scratching the lens every day??

or are crizal lenses durable enough to be wiped daily?

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh man... I guess i will go back to my same recommendation,

Eyewear Optics @thomson plaza
Kj optometrist @ plaza sing
Jamco@ katong shoppping center

Haha, but again, its just the shops whereby i trust their practitioner due to me knowing their skills and culture. Other shops might be better just that i am not aware.

Jamco is ultra premium though
i randomly click on a frame i like
they don't list the price, so i did a google search
$800 frame only :eek:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Jamco is ultra premium though
i randomly click on a frame i like
they don't list the price, so i did a google search
$800 frame only :eek:

Ah, They have frames ranging from 100-200+ all the way to 2000+.
Probably you chose the more premium one haha..:s13:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
i am quite paranoid

if i use the microfibre cloth daily, won't the cloth attract dirt and small particles which might end up scratching the lens every day??

or are crizal lenses durable enough to be wiped daily?

You have to wash your cloth too. I always recommend minimally once a week, it does feel different after washing but it still does it's job well.

Durability really depends on our handling, cleaning the lenses with out clothes, using tissue to clean the lenses or using soap directly on the lenses. These factors does cause the lenses coating to wear out earlier.

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah, They have frames ranging from 100-200+ all the way to 2000+.
Probably you chose the more premium one haha..:s13:

I want to change my look drastically to mark a new age,
like a good pair of frames to not only be lasting but also looks reasonably good because it affects my personal branding

assuming Crizal Prevencia lens is $300 all in (my degree actually very low)
Is $300 too small a budget to get decent frames?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I want to change my look drastically to mark a new age,
like a good pair of frames to not only be lasting but also looks reasonably good because it affects my personal branding

assuming Crizal Prevencia lens is $300 all in (my degree actually very low)
Is $300 too small a budget to get decent frames?

Oh that sounds cool.

Correct me if i'm wrong, 300 for lenses and 300 for frame?
If that's the case, i would say 300 could get you a pretty decent/nice frame.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.