The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
How is "lenskart " ?

been seeing promotion running in FB & website.... price seem reasonable
Seems comparable to owndays though I have no experience with either. However, did a free eye test with owndays before, foc. Svc not bad
Imo OK to go to either if your degree is low. For more complex case, should go to more established shops.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
As premium as they are, they have to scale down to fit the market.

My bad, forgot to ask the highest tier mystyle v+ price.

Wow mystyle price has pummelled. Really good value now. Very competitive now. Top up only less than $200 can upgrade from balansis to mystyle!

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
@gangsterkia, just curious, are those staff at owndays and lenskart certified opticians/optometrists? All of them look really young...

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe majority in an outlet are opticians. There might be some optometrists. Registering has 2 types. Full reg and provisional. Full reg requires us to collect certain amount of challenging cases and submit for review for us to pass your license. If not then they would be classed under provisional. It would be great for us to give the younger ones a chance too, as it gives them experience and hopefully can take over as a better practitioner in future.

@gangsterkia, just curious, are those staff at owndays and lenskart certified opticians/optometrists? All of them look really young...

koster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My bad, forgot to ask the highest tier mystyle v+ price.

Wow mystyle price has pummelled. Really good value now. Very competitive now. Top up only less than $200 can upgrade from balansis to mystyle!

The prices still high as compared to JB. Pity can't do in JB now.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The prices still high as compared to JB. Pity can't do in JB now.

Hmm.. that was the past liao.

Now even after covid i dont dare buy in jb. Just before covid at end 2019 when i went jb i signed a spa package. I think now forfeited as expiry date is 1 year. Lost sgd300

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems comparable to owndays though I have no experience with either. However, did a free eye test with owndays before, foc. Svc not bad
Imo OK to go to either if your degree is low. For more complex case, should go to more established shops.

Thanks would try out tml as I already visit ownday for 2 years

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
what about the rest??

what makes a "good quality" frame anyway????

:s11:
I would say most are the same except for the brand and design. Some may be better a little in terms of fitting. Eg. Oakley with their rubber stems and the way their frames hug the wearer's head

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Good quality refers to the material used to build the frame. Durability and weight are factors considered too.
Though price usually is more expensive. Coupled with the aesthetic appearance.

what about the rest??

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
If you compare a tek black , abba, tek Kira plastic frame to an Oakley, or to a Mykita, don’t need to compare to Lindberg. Sure will feel the difference.

I would say most are the same except for the brand and design. Some may be better a little in terms of fitting. Eg. Oakley with their rubber stems and the way their frames hug the wearer's head

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Japanese frames also wrap the head leh...

Oakley rubber stems deteriorate fast.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what about the rest??

Good quality means the colour on the frame dont drop off fast, the joints dont break, the frame structure dont warp easily (some frames u wear for long the shape will change due to heat and wear&tear) etc. Must last more than 10yrs then can considered good quality.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Add about 200-300 on top of mystyle profile ba..

U mean abt $1,500? Is there visible difference between mystyle profile and mystyle v+? You have any customer feedback?

Im seriously considering mystyle profile liao. Dont think will take lifestyle v+ seems also neither here nor there. Straight away go for mystyle profile minimum.

Reason is becos i compared eyezen SV (which is not customised) and zeiss individual SV (which is full customization) i felt alot of visual acuity difference. I have both and recently took out both to wear as they are in my drawer didnt wear. After some time realize zeiss individual SV much clearer than eyezen SV i also duno why.

So i will go for at least mystyle profile and also try out zeiss individual 2 as well. Maybe make 2 pairs and check the difference.

But if u say mystyle v+ alot better than profule then i go for mystyle v+

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Honestly I want to help you save, so mystyle profile is really solid. Cx feedback is v+ is better but only if your laohua is higher e.g. +2.00-+2.50, so visible distortion is lesser.

You want save money still want buy both lol. Don’t la please... just do mystyle profile can alr. And if you want, the lousier or sports pair do lifestyle v+ or dynamic premium can alr...

U mean abt $1,500? Is there visible difference between mystyle profile and mystyle v+? You have any customer feedback?

Im seriously considering mystyle profile liao. Dont think will take lifestyle v+ seems also neither here nor there. Straight away go for mystyle profile minimum.

Reason is becos i compared eyezen SV (which is not customised) and zeiss individual SV (which is full customization) i felt alot of visual acuity difference. I have both and recently took out both to wear as they are in my drawer didnt wear. After some time realize zeiss individual SV much clearer than eyezen SV i also duno why.

So i will go for at least mystyle profile and also try out zeiss individual 2 as well. Maybe make 2 pairs and check the difference.

But if u say mystyle v+ alot better than profule then i go for mystyle v+

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.