Indoor clarity
Zeiss
Hoya
Essilor

outdoor
Hoya
Zeiss
Essilor

take it with a pinch of salt, it applies to me and my patient experience. Others might feel differently.

Errrm i thought the other time u said hoya best for near/intermediate zone and zeiss better for distance?? How come now u said the opposite leh? Can clarify pls? Confused again. :(

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Errrm i thought the other time u said hoya best for near/intermediate zone and zeiss better for distance?? How come now u said the opposite leh? Can clarify pls? Confused again. :(
He asking for photochromatic. Did you see carefully? Haha Zeiss indoor distance when no sunlight really really is best Ma.unless I phrase it wrongly...
I did not mention anything about intermediate too.

Last edited:

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He asking for photochromatic. Did you see carefully? Haha Zeiss indoor distance when no sunlight really really is best Ma.unless I phrase it wrongly...
U said hoya best for near and intermediate distance. Sibeh Confused.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Ranking keeps changing. Luan liao.
We were about distance indoor and outdoor ranking. But you are talking about near/intermediate. I rest my case on this. I hope another practitioner or your current one can explain to you better.
Cheers!

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh i see. I gather all u have said. I think i summarise what u meant is zeiss best indoor distance (seeing tv). And hoya best in near (mobile phone and reading) plus intermediate (laptop) and outdoor distance (driving).

Mai angry la. I need to think very long after u gan me cos really made me confused. Then i gather what u have said. So now i got it right liao as above tiobo?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh i see. I gather all u have said. I think i summarise what u meant is zeiss best indoor distance (seeing tv). And hoya best in near (mobile phone and reading) plus intermediate (laptop) and outdoor distance (driving).

Mai angry la. I need to think very long after u gan me cos really made me confused. Then i gather what u have said. So now i got it right liao as above tiobo?
Sorry seannie, I feel you have been very sarcastic all these while. Hopefully I got the wrong idea, but anyway this is a forum so who’s to say right?
Have a good evening man.

Applephilic

Reaction score
hihi

wondering if anyone is able to recommend online shops (local or overseas) to purchase spectacles frames? Been to the physical stores but havent been able to locate any frames that catches my liking

koster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hihi

wondering if anyone is able to recommend online shops (local or overseas) to purchase spectacles frames? Been to the physical stores but havent been able to locate any frames that catches my liking
Smartglasses has some branded frames at good deals.

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for spectacle accessories (no degree ones) just to wear for fashion purposes.
owndays recommended?

mackrazy

Reaction score
I might have silly questions. Why have a pair of progressives for work (desk / computer) instead of a general progressive (my style) ? Both lenses are above 1k?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I might have silly questions. Why have a pair of progressives for work (desk / computer) instead of a general progressive (my style) ? Both lenses are above 1k?
Morning, this is a really good qns actually.

mystyle profile/v+ as a progressive has a really wide distance/intermediate/near zone. However as wide as they are, there will still be peripheral distortion, also depending if the individual is a shortsighted or longsighted. Short sighted individuals will experience lesser distortion on the progressives but the reason is pretty complex. Thus as wide as the field of view is, there is still it’s limit, thus for heavy duty computer users or more sensitive individuals, that’s when computer lenses come in.
Computer lenses as it name suggests, is usually for individuals who does more computer and near work. Thus it generally sacrifices the distance portion and replaces it with the intermediate portion. Effectively give you a very large intermediate zone so you don’t have to tilt your head/chin up much to view your computer screen/near.
That helps to reduce neck pain and headaches for many individual. Computer lenses are much cheaper starting from 250 onwards, it depends on your prescription too if you need high index or not and also the tier of computer lens you choose.
Hope this helps.

tpmmark

Reaction score
Hi , is there any reason why my current pair of glasses, while watching tv at home, tends to feel tired after a while? Though while wearing it, everything seems clearer, but my eyes get tired if I wear it for more than half and hour. I don’t feel the strain while I’m at the movies, or while I’m working with my pc.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi , is there any reason why my current pair of glasses, while watching tv at home, tends to feel tired after a while? Though while wearing it, everything seems clearer, but my eyes get tired if I wear it for more than half and hour. I don’t feel the strain while I’m at the movies, or while I’m working with my pc.
Hi, this is abit tricky, movie screen is quite far, pc is quite near. Is it a new pair?

tpmmark

Reaction score
Hi, this is abit tricky, movie screen is quite far, pc is quite near. Is it a new pair?
Hi thanks. It’s been more than a year in fact, got it last jan 2020. My old pair before this, was even worse. It makes my eye tired even when normal day wearing. That’s y I find it weird, as wearing it while watching tv will strain my eyes. But I don’t feel it when I’m wearing in while in the cinema.

luifd168

Reaction score

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.