The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score

this is my current glasses from Lindberg. Transparent is the trend for now, I been wearing it for about 3 years. Really comfortable pair and the inner rims colour can be customised and painted on. If you get sick of it, you can change the colour too.

they do have more serious/formal looking one like this

Which is the buffalo horn series. This one has been worn for about 4 years? It will aged over time and you might see more grainy texture on the frame too if you choose not to polish the frame front.

P.s. Dont mind the username. Long ago email from my sec school days haha

nethdale

Reaction score

this is my current glasses from Lindberg. Transparent is the trend for now, I been wearing it for about 3 years. Really comfortable pair and the inner rims colour can be customised and painted on. If you get sick of it, you can change the colour too.

they do have more serious/formal looking one like this

Which is the buffalo horn series. This one has been worn for about 4 years? It will aged over time and you might see more grainy texture on the frame too if you choose not to polish the frame front.

P.s. Dont mind the username. Long ago email from my sec school days haha

Hi, does the colour of the box tell anything? I don't have beige colour box and all I have are dark grey and black boxes except Horn's boxes is most atas.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Gangsterkia, how is your work today, hope everything is fine with you. There is no prior knowledge on such polarisation and tinted etc. After sharing my little research with my pal, he is kind of inclined to tinted with mirror.

FYI and I also believe you know that Lindberg has a latest series xxx-titatium but I could not recall the name. Haa
Do you mean the Thin-tanium? Extremely formal looking. I like it and plan to make one soon, work is good, i'm currently in a different environment but keeping fresh with the new products in the market still. Yeah, i personally am not a fan of mirror, i would consider a lightly tinted lenses e.g. Robert downey jr/johnny depp style of tint. Might do something like that in future, just that i believe many people might scoff at the looks of it haha.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, does the colour box tell anything? I don't have beige colour box and all I have are dark grey and black.
Nope, i just have the privilege of choosing it since i worked at retail. They are newer case colors too. Some being discontinued but this beige one.. tends to attract dust easily so i dont usually bring it out to use it.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Gangsterkia,

I am thinking of doing a new set of specs. My current set has been with me for quite a number of years already.
I have high astig. about 250 to 300 deg. Doing a lot of computer work.
Any recommendations of lenses to go for?
I am currently using ic berlin. Thinking of going for lindberg ones. Any recommendations?
I live near west coast. any recommended shops to go?
how do you wash/maintain them usually? Coz I have an oily face, and wash my glasses daily.
do take a look at just a few of the model i posted, the selling point of it is that they are light and extremely comfortable to wear. The one in my avatar is called the RIM series, which is light and extremely flexible. Good for adults dealing with children at home, i introduced them to my Bro-in-law and sister and their glasses never get damaged again haha...

nethdale

Reaction score
Do you mean the Thin-tanium? Extremely formal looking. I like it and plan to make one soon, work is good, i'm currently in a different environment but keeping fresh with the new products in the market still. Yeah, i personally am not a fan of mirror, i would consider a lightly tinted lenses e.g. Robert downey jr/johnny depp style of tint. Might do something like that in future, just that i believe many people might scoff at the looks of it haha.
Guess, you got the name correctly. Yes, it is Thin-tanium. I love at first sight and succumbed to it. It is strange that I couldn't find in their website. Nonetheless, as it's light, it "took" me awhile to get it right on my sensitive eyes. It is no fault of the optical shop except the frame is ultra-light? Haa

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score

The flexibility of RIM series, I would say on par with swissflex but I lean towards Lindberg more due to the more mature aesthetics.

fanflo_08

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey!
Whenever I see individuals considering Lindberg, I get very excited myself to share my experiences and I believe there are others here that can relate to me.
Depending on your spherical power(e.g. myopia or hyperopia) if it is high, then you may want to consider the Acetanium series as the thickness of the frame can mask your lens thickness. Or my favourite, the N.O.W series. They are extremely lightweight, pretty durable for a rough user like me(I wore my Lindberg to reservist for outfield haha).
If you are staying at the west, unfortunately there are so few retailers carrying Lindberg at that area. Could I recommend you to travel further to e.g. jamco, eyewear optics to have a look at the models too?
Maintaining glasses would generally be rinsing my glasses under running water, then using tissue or paper towel to dab try(not rubbing), lastly my micro fibre cloth(NOT clothing haha)to clean the smudges. Lindberg doesn’t oxidise e.g. green gunk appearing on the nosepads or between the lenses. Those greenish gunk are not algae FYI, it’s caused by the screws on your frame which are not titanium and they oxidise over time.
Sure thanks for your recommendations.

I will go to Thomson plaza for a walk soon. I looked at the frames online. The horn ones sure look good.
But I am a super rough user. So I guess that will be tough for horn.

I tried the rinse the glasses under running water method. But still feel oily. LOL.

For lenses, I saw a lot of talk on lenses. What do you recommend me to go for?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Sure thanks for your recommendations.

I will go to Thomson plaza for a walk soon. I looked at the frames online. The horn ones sure look good.
But I am a super rough user. So I guess that will be tough for horn.

I tried the rinse the glasses under running water method. But still feel oily. LOL.

For lenses, I saw a lot of talk on lenses. What do you recommend me to go for?
Do you have a budget for your lenses?
Also do you mind sharing your general age? E.g. 25-30 30-35 35-40 something like that?
You can use soap to clean your lenses, mild soap though not like Mama Lemon or so, always remember to dilute the soap first, then you can rub it on your lens then rinse your lenses.

fanflo_08

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you have a budget for your lenses?
Also do you mind sharing your general age? E.g. 25-30 30-35 35-40 something like that?
You can use soap to clean your lenses, mild soap though not like Mama Lemon or so, always remember to dilute the soap first, then you can rub it on your lens then rinse your lenses.
Haha, Mama Lemon. Sheesh! I must say it is tempting to use it.
I am 40 this year. I don't mind spending more on my glasses coz I use them day in day out.
I don't change them often too.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I am 40 this year. I don't mind spending more on my glasses coz I use them day in day out.
Hm, i suggest you can start off with anti-fatigue/digital lenses. E.g. Hoya Sync 3, Essilor Eyezens, Zeiss Digital lenses or Zeiss EnergizeMe. Once you are used to the way the lenses work, then maybe after afew more years then you can progress on to progressive lenses. This way, your adaptation to the lenses would be much easier.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
mild soap, or soap like kirei kirei even though it's foamy, you can add alittle more water to them and clean your lenses. But that said, you must know what kind of material is your frame made of too, if it's those basic metal with poor coating then.. it might peel off and rust over time causing abrasion or even irritation to your ears/face.

jeromenism

Reaction score
Hey!
Whenever I see individuals considering Lindberg, I get very excited myself to share my experiences and I believe there are others here that can relate to me.
Depending on your spherical power(e.g. myopia or hyperopia) if it is high, then you may want to consider the Acetanium series as the thickness of the frame can mask your lens thickness. Or my favourite, the N.O.W series. They are extremely lightweight, pretty durable for a rough user like me(I wore my Lindberg to reservist for outfield haha).
If you are staying at the west, unfortunately there are so few retailers carrying Lindberg at that area. Could I recommend you to travel further to e.g. jamco, eyewear optics to have a look at the models too?
Maintaining glasses would generally be rinsing my glasses under running water, then using tissue or paper towel to dab try(not rubbing), lastly my micro fibre cloth(NOT clothing haha)to clean the smudges. Lindberg doesn’t oxidise e.g. green gunk appearing on the nosepads or between the lenses. Those greenish gunk are not algae FYI, it’s caused by the screws on your frame which are not titanium and they oxidise over time.
Hey, now you make me regret getting my air titanium rim haha.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Is the air titanium rim their trademark? Or is the NOW series their trademark? I have difficulty choosing between the two,
Lindberg started with their rimless/frameless,the spirit series, iirc. Then more series started coming out.
both air titanium rim and N.O.W are unique.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi gangster

Went to local optical shop to ask for a quote for eyezen 1.67 and was shocked to hear it costs close to $400+++. Is this market rate?

Out of Hoya Sync 3, Essilor Eyezens, Zeiss Digital lenses or Zeiss EnergizeMe, which is the most affordable? Thanks :)

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi gangster

Went to local optical shop to ask for a quote for eyezen 1.67 and was shocked to hear it costs close to $400+++. Is this market rate?

Out of Hoya Sync 3, Essilor Eyezens, Zeiss Digital lenses or Zeiss EnergizeMe, which is the most affordable? Thanks :)
Hi!
Yes it about there and eyezen is indeed the most affordable among all of them.

Essilor_SG

Reaction score
Hi Gangsterkia,

I am thinking of doing a new set of specs. My current set has been with me for quite a number of years already.
I have high astig. about 250 to 300 deg. Doing a lot of computer work.
Any recommendations of lenses to go for?
I am currently using ic berlin. Thinking of going for lindberg ones. Any recommendations?
I live near west coast. any recommended shops to go?
how do you wash/maintain them usually? Coz I have an oily face, and wash my glasses daily.
Hi fanflo_08,

We would like to suggest you to try either Eyezen lenses or Varilux lenses to cater your long hour viewing on the screen. The actual product would depend on your prescription and age, hence we would recommend to check with your eyecare professional for the best advice! You may find more information on Eyezen lenses here: http://bit.ly/280521SG-Eyezen-HWZ and Varilux lenses here: http://bit.ly/280521SG-Varilux2-HWZ.

With regards to maintaining the condition of your glasses, we suggest daily washing with neutral PH-neutral soap or washing liquid :)

We have eyecare professionals located around the West Coast. Should you wish to visit one of the outlets, you can find us at http://bit.ly/28052021SG-ECP-HWZ. Remember to book an appointment before your visit!

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out! :)

Thank you!

- Team Essilor Singapore

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.