The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Spladox

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally opened my wallet for a lindberg oscar which I believe is from the air titanium rim series. $903 with zeiss lens from jamco! Can't wait haha

Dashie

Reaction score
Hi guys can I ask if my vision only get blurry in the evening/night is it because I need to change my glasses lens? I made a glasses from owndays a year ago but about 4 days ago at night I suddenly find that its hard to read words on screen because its suddenly so blurry and a bit double vision but when I wake up usually its alright until evening could it be the glasses or I have some other eye condition?

thanks in advance

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys can I ask if my vision only get blurry in the evening/night is it because I need to change my glasses lens? I made a glasses from owndays a year ago but about 4 days ago at night I suddenly find that its hard to read words on screen because its suddenly so blurry and a bit double vision but when I wake up usually its alright until evening could it be the glasses or I have some other eye condition?

thanks in advance
Hi there,
Do you mind sharing with us your age?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! I'm 32 currently
Hi, thanks. I wanted to eliminate presbyopia(laohua).
There are a few possible reasons.
1)eye fatigue after looking at electronic screen for hours. which will lead to tired eye muscle and unable to focus for short spells.
2) eye muscle issue-unable to maintain fixation/accommodate e.g. strabismus.
3)similar to 1) but more of lack of sleep/rest. Sleep debt accumulate though, if the next morning your vision is fine.. I am leaning towards 1/2.
Best to get your eyes checked if you are more concerned.

Dashie

Reaction score
Hi, thanks. I wanted to eliminate presbyopia(laohua).
There are a few possible reasons.
1)eye fatigue after looking at electronic screen for hours. which will lead to tired eye muscle and unable to focus for short spells.
2) eye muscle issue-unable to maintain fixation/accommodate e.g. strabismus.
3)similar to 1) but more of lack of sleep/rest. Sleep debt accumulate though, if the next morning your vision is fine.. I am leaning towards 1/2.
Best to get your eyes checked if you are more concerned.
Ah I see thank you!, are there any chance it's related to my eye degree has changed (has been 1year+) somehow only causing it in the night/evening?

nethdale

Reaction score
Hi Gangsterkia,

Any idea Lindberg model 9758, titanium frame and inner acetate rim. Is this for ladies or men? Thanks
Apart from Lindberg, if you are shopping for next pair of glasses, which brand would you consider, assuming lightweight and minimalist are 2 factors need to be considered. Thanks

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Gangsterkia,

Any idea Lindberg model 9758, titanium frame and inner acetate rim. Is this for ladies or men? Thanks
Apart from Lindberg, if you are shopping for next pair of glasses, which brand would you consider, assuming lightweight and minimalist are 2 factors need to be considered. Thanks
Hi!
I would straight up say unisex. A little big so high power not recommended.

straight up Markus T or ICB recent new range very aesthetically pleasing. Can consider as another option.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah I see thank you!, are there any chance it's related to my eye degree has changed (has been 1year+) somehow only causing it in the night/evening?
Usually if it towards the end of the day, it would mean your eyes are tired, so it is possible your prescription change, this morning til noon, your eye muscles are constantly working to help you focus til evening. Then they weaken/fatigue thus you can still see but it will not be as clear.

nethdale

Reaction score
Hi!
I would straight up say unisex. A little big so high power not recommended.

straight up Markus T or ICB recent new range very aesthetically pleasing. Can consider as another option.
Not many shops carry Markus T, I know Pearl carries and probably EyeOptics too(??) As for ICB, it seems no much different from Lindberg too. That is my personal view and thanks for your sharing.

Urbanchap

Reaction score
Hi Pai kia,

I hooted 2 pairs of Lenskart glasses for $88 bc of their weekend promotion. :cool:

My current pair is actually my first pair (even though I lao uncle liao) of glasses made 10yrs ago. Initially the shop made progressive lens for me, which I couldn't adjust to, so they change it to reading glasses:

R Sph+1.50 Cyl-0.50 AX105
L Sph+0.75 Cyl-0.50 AX85

I think my current vision has deteriorated slightly. Also think my presbyopia is more pronounced over the past 1-2 yrs but quite bearable. In daily life, it doesn't affect me that much, just that I can't see as clearly as before for distant objects and I rather put up with it than to wear glasses all the time. Nowadays I dun drive but if I do (say on holidays), it will be concerning as can't see directional signages that clearly from far.

2 questions:

1) For my first pair, I like to make it for looking at computers (from 50-60cm away) as nowadays hardly read paper books. For SV, can they do it to focus further away than reading glasses? I estimate my usual reading distance for books to be about 40cm.

2) For my 2nd pair, I'm considering correcting my presbyopia using SV, with 1 eye corrected to see near and the other corrected for seeing far. The reason is that when I was young (before my first pair of glasses), I had 1 eye slightly shortsighted and the other slightly longsighted, and my brain could visually balance what I see, so its like I have almost perfect vision. But I dun know whether it works the same way with glasses. U hv any advice? Or maybe I just do a spare pair of computer glasses now and get a 3rd pair later on (either SV for seeing far or progressive)

I'm booked for an eye test with Lenskart later this week.

TIA.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Not many shops carry Markus T, I know Pearl carries and probably EyeOptics too(??) As for ICB, it seems no much different from Lindberg too. That is my personal view and thanks for your sharing.
Yeah hahah that’s why ICB new titanium thin series is very similar so it’s another option.

buttttt I lean towards Markus T more. Correct, I would recommend eyewear for Markus T.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Pai kia,

I hooted 2 pairs of Lenskart glasses for $88 bc of their weekend promotion. :cool:

My current pair is actually my first pair (even though I lao uncle liao) of glasses made 10yrs ago. Initially the shop made progressive lens for me, which I couldn't adjust to, so they change it to reading glasses:

L Sph+0.75 Cyl-0.50 AX85

I think my current vision has deteriorated slightly. Also think my presbyopia is more pronounced over the past 1-2 yrs but quite bearable. In daily life, it doesn't affect me that much, just that I can't see as clearly as before for distant objects and I rather put up with it than to wear glasses all the time. Nowadays I dun drive but if I do (say on holidays), it will be concerning as can't see directional signages that clearly from far.

2 questions:

1) For my first pair, I like to make it for looking at computers (from 50-60cm away) as nowadays hardly read paper books. For SV, can they do it to focus further away than reading glasses? I estimate my usual reading distance for books to be about 40cm.

2) For my 2nd pair, I'm considering correcting my presbyopia using SV, with 1 eye corrected to see near and the other corrected for seeing far. The reason is that when I was young (before my first pair of glasses), I had 1 eye slightly shortsighted and the other slightly longsighted, and my brain could visually balance what I see, so its like I have almost perfect vision. But I dun know whether it works the same way with glasses. U hv any advice? Or maybe I just do a spare pair of computer glasses now and get a 3rd pair later on (either SV for seeing far or progressive)

TIA.
I will get back to you later in the evening!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Pai kia,

L Sph+0.75 Cyl-0.50 AX85

2 questions:

TIA.
Hi there, I will just reply directly to the qns, any further qns you can ask separately alright?

1) yes you can make a pair of single vision for intermediate/computer glasses. The practitioner should know how to test and adjust the prescription accordingly.

2)monovision is doable but it is not the same as what your eyes is naturally. When you put on the prescription it increases the magnitude of your eye prescription differences. You might take awhile to get use to the prescription or best, try it on the time of testing. I would strongly suggest doing a pair of computer lenses for your intermediate and near since your prescription is not too high.

For prescription with higher differing power on both Eyes, Hoya has a progressive that is good for such cases which is called the lifestyle 3 lenses, it comes with a tech called binocular harmonization tech which helps to “balance” the prescription on both eyes(do not mix it up as changing the power Of both eyes e.g. one eye -1.25 the other -1.00 based on your prescription)

Urbanchap

Reaction score
I would strongly suggest doing a pair of computer lenses for your intermediate and near since your prescription is not too high.

For prescription with higher differing power on both Eyes, Hoya has a progressive that is good for such cases which is called the lifestyle 3 lenses, it comes with a tech called binocular harmonization tech which helps to “balance” the prescription on both eyes(do not mix it up as changing the power Of both eyes e.g. one eye -1.25 the other -1.00 based on your prescription)

Tks for the reply so late at night :)

So you are saying the same pair can used for near (reading) and intermediate (computer) use?

Last edited:

Urbanchap

Reaction score
If you are using a computer/office lens then yes, it can be used for near and intermediate.
I'm getting their normal SV lens. So can only do either near or intermediate vision is it? In which case, I will choose computer distance.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm getting their normal SV lens. So can only do either near or intermediate vision is it? In which case, I will choose computer distance.
Do let them know your intended usage, some might suggest half intermediate half near but I would not recommend it. A prescription that is in between kind.

kpgworld

Reaction score
Last year Nov , at age of 46, I made my first pair spectacles, a pair of Laohua spec at +1.25. Then change to progressive with short sighted - 0.25 , astigmatism -0.25 and suggested Laohua of +1.5 for both eyes. Last week went back to the shop to replace the lenses ( under warranty) due to coating peeling off. And at the same time made a new pair specs with progressive lenses. This time after some eye test, short sighted and astigmatism remain same, only Laohua suggested to change +1.75 for future proof although the clarity at+1.50 is about the same. So my questions are as below

1) Laohua degree will increased in just a year time,
2) Should I stay at Laohua +1.50 or change to + 1.75
3) If I get the Laohua at +1.75 and switch between spectacles ( that spec with lenses replaced was same as previous degree ) of Laohua +1.50 , will there any side effect in short or long term.

Can any one please advise.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.