The Watch Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntkng

Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2000
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Any review on the crystal? I heading down next mth to get my Sumos spruced with the DD crystals.

Review? Definitely cheaper :s13:...comparing to buying online and another $20 to install at k2. Crystal for my gold turtle from yobokies cost $80 already.
 

knightcover

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2012
Messages
9,289
Reaction score
205
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
What are u in love with?
If brand then big pilot, can your wrist take the size
If not there are many other brands with good aviator heritage

Right now, I'm in love with the iwc pilot watches, any model would make me very happy. I had a steinhart pilot 47mm once but the proportions didn't feel right on my wrist. Anything else you'd reccomend?
 

kiosai

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, wanna curb the itch for Rolex Su.. which will be a better option? Thanks

Steinhart Ocean 1 Black Ceramic
http://www.gnomonwatches.com/watches/steinhart-watches/ocean-1-black-ceramic-2

Or

Squale 20 Atmos Classic
http://www.gnomonwatches.com/watches/squale-watches/20-atmos-classic-1545-sel-bracelet-mk2

This one

mxMGshe.jpg


Affordable version of the classy 114060 wor..

Contact me here.. can give special pricing for watch thread bros :)
 

a562140

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
6,412
Reaction score
3
Right now, I'm in love with the iwc pilot watches, any model would make me very happy. I had a steinhart pilot 47mm once but the proportions didn't feel right on my wrist. Anything else you'd reccomend?

I'd consider Zenith and Sinn too - you can choose from some really good movements, design and case materials.

But considering that you mentioned that "any model" from IWC would make you happy, I think you should just stick to IWC.
 

pwillie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
4,858
Reaction score
719
Right now, I'm in love with the iwc pilot watches, any model would make me very happy. I had a steinhart pilot 47mm once but the proportions didn't feel right on my wrist. Anything else you'd reccomend?

Laco and stowa are 2 of the 5 original B-uhr watch brands that are more affordable.
But since you only like IWC pilot watches, then no point..
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
ya sia, why so sensitive? nowadays kids or students all damn rich what.

daddy and mummy are willing to spend on you so you're very very lucky to be wearing and dabbling with luxury watches.
(you're not affording them, your parents are, still you earn your own keep)

but nothing beats buying them yourself when you earn your own money (not pocket money or part time money when you're still dependant on your parents)

means ownself support ownself and still can buy watches, confirm feel more song.

other than that, i can say you're very very lucky (of course the rest of us are lucky enough to be able to afford such luxury products)

can totally imagine asking my mum or dad for a rolex, probably get a scolding and a nagging session. lolol.
ownself buy already tio kan at my age LOL. say why spend this kind of money lol

my 2cents



is it because your friends don't know these brands? or is it because no brand reputation or its cheap to acquire that's why not satki enough?

like that you have a long way more to really appreciate watches. (not that i am damn zai. haha)

i started to dabble with all kinds of watches. wear, feel them and wear them (before selling) lolol

but wtf uni kid got iwc rolex etc, some people like me can only dream or drool over them when i was in poly. lol

very good life you have that my man

Just to make things clear, i wear watches for myself, not for anyone else. If I wanted to show off, I'd buy a TT dj2 or a blnr or a sub. Those watches have recognition. My favourite brand is iwc and trust me, no one my age (who doesn't love watches) even knows about the brand.
My good friends in school wear APs, PPs and Rollies. So there's nothing for me to show off. And how much I like a watch doesn't depend on price. I just don't like homages as l feel they don't give me the authentic feeling there are affordables I love very much and have regretted selling. a few examples are the seiko sumo and Hamilton khaki field. In any case, I don't mean to come across as a senstive arrogant prick. I am just sick and tired of being singled out just because I'm a student. I love watches and so do most of you. Why should I be treated differently?
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
I'd consider Zenith and Sinn too - you can choose from some really good movements, design and case materials.

But considering that you mentioned that "any model" from IWC would make you happy, I think you should just stick to IWC.
I love zenith too! I like the captain elite very much but I may be too young to pull off a watch like that. I'm not so much into sinn but I'll check it out. Thanks! And maybe I'm partial to iwc. It could be the excellent marketing that got me hooked. But from my experience in owning an iwc, I really love the finishing and the look. The brand is just a cool cool brand in my book, maybe just a tad overpriced
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
@gx84: u hoot ur FFF sapphire crystal from where? Share lobang can? I wanna change too.


not low baller. must substantiate my offer what. and he ok with it. haha

i don't know leh, dagaz ex sia. i wanna ask mr goh have anot before i order at 1 go.
maybe 1 day go visit him.

then if have, ask him install dial, bezel insert and his crystal, then can reduce the installation fee.
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
Laco and stowa are 2 of the 5 original B-uhr watch brands that are more affordable.
But since you only like IWC pilot watches, then no point..

The case design of the laco is quite different. I've tried them one and they don't seem to be anywhere as well finished. Stowa watches, I like them but they're a little pricy. For double the price of one, I could get a preowned mark 16 or even a mark 17
 

messi7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2008
Messages
11,113
Reaction score
1,370
Just to make things clear, i wear watches for myself, not for anyone else. If I wanted to show off, I'd buy a TT dj2 or a blnr or a sub. Those watches have recognition. My favourite brand is iwc and trust me, no one my age (who doesn't love watches) even knows about the brand.
My good friends in school wear APs, PPs and Rollies. So there's nothing for me to show off. And how much I like a watch doesn't depend on price. I just don't like homages as l feel they don't give me the authentic feeling there are affordables I love very much and have regretted selling. a few examples are the seiko sumo and Hamilton khaki field. In any case, I don't mean to come across as a senstive arrogant prick. I am just sick and tired of being singled out just because I'm a student. I love watches and so do most of you. Why should I be treated differently?

Wow kids these days really do have a good life.. School days only have AP, Rolex, PP already

Won't even dare to think of it during my school days, got seiko and Gshock can tao chio already

#justsaying#
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top