The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2011
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
575
I think you are right. A few times i had more than 3 and one will be neglected. 2 slightly more expensive watches (1 dress & 1 sport) and maybe one tool/beater will be perfect.

I already had 3 now. So i should just stop at 3? I have 2 cheap ones & 1 tudor. All 3 i use as dress/tool/beater.
 

arc13

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2000
Messages
2,468
Reaction score
1,718
Samurai train

xVnlBNT.jpg
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Hmm.. Ok will just leave it till few years later. Just wanna find out under wat conditions u guys will go for polishing.

Never. Waste time waste money. Waste effort.
Keep the watch inside box. No scratch.
Win Win.
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
Hmm.. Ok will just leave it till few years later. Just wanna find out under wat conditions u guys will go for polishing.
I think depends on the watch.

Black Bay I guess can la, when servicing then shun bian do.
 

doorsen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2014
Messages
10,153
Reaction score
0
Depending on your budget, for that kind of price just top up a little or less, you can get a better real watch, not just some fancy fashion one.

If you still really looking into good "skeleton" watch, try look for used Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic skeleton, they sometimes pop up in carousell.

Personal opinion, no offense intended though

Thanks for the reply. Any other recommendations for a starter watch for my usage and collection? Budget prob around 300-400. Am just starting out and learning about watches.
 

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
Thanks for the reply. Any other recommendations for a starter watch for my usage and collection? Budget prob around 300-400. Am just starting out and learning about watches.

Many will recommend Seiko, Orient... check out the new samurai (about $500).
 

Ed.YEO

Banned
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
8,713
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the reply. Any other recommendations for a starter watch for my usage and collection? Budget prob around 300-400. Am just starting out and learning about watches.
一開始集錶就要镂空款,3/400塊的预算实在只有中国機芯款可选择。
kenneth cole,fossil機芯都一樣。
再来就是"海鸥芯",通常不是真正海鸥出品。常在ingersoll,arbutus,titan看得到。

你如果坚持要日本機芯,就将预算提高至打底700。
orient star 機芯属于日本東方錶公司的自家芯。保修一年。
rotary 镂空款機芯出產自inter-t,虽然是瑞士中资公司,但有rotary的永久保修,可以考虑買入。
2f194e1.png

https://www.linkedin.com/company/inter-t-sa
 
Last edited:

aerogater

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the reply. Any other recommendations for a starter watch for my usage and collection? Budget prob around 300-400. Am just starting out and learning about watches.

Here I share same opinion with them:

Like what patryn33 says, not a good idea to have skeleton watch as your starter, most of the skeleton watch at your budget are cheap fashion watch with not-so-reliable movement, if touch wood anything happens to the movement, you usually will throw the watch away, no one will advise you to fix, or even change the movement for them, they aren't just really worth your time/money.
To add on, a real skeleton watch usually will cost you 1k above, my advice is just leave them be for now, unless you really want to fork up that kind of budget.

Like what slow_mo say, most will recommend Seiko watch, and I am one of them here, do take some time look at these models and do some research before you hoot:

SKX series: sporty diver, within your budget, and is pretty common among most of the folks

Prospex monster: sporty diver, within your budget, and is also common along with SKX series

Samurai/Sumo: sporty diver, use better movement than previous 2 with much more better finishes, but over your budget (5xx), but these model will be much more durable and a good daily for you

If you want dressy watch, try SARB series, they are also just about at your budget, some model price +/- though but wont be too far away also, your choice
 

mpcdude

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2014
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Selling my extra set. Here not sales thread. Cannot discuss. :D

Haha ok. Will contact you if I decided. But from your experience do you enjoy wearing it? One of my main concern is that the rubber strap is too long. Since I have small wrist I'm afraid that the tail end will stick out too much.
 

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
Haha ok. Will contact you if I decided. But from your experience do you enjoy wearing it? One of my main concern is that the rubber strap is too long. Since I have small wrist I'm afraid that the tail end will stick out too much.

I don't like rubber, although the strap is long, but still ok. I'm using the bracelet. I have a small wrist too.

There are third party rubber straps like uncle Seiko and wjean.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top