The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

reikizi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
76
Isn't bright time the shop that was scammed by some foreigners? Was on the news recently

actually if you read that news again, the more scary shops is the other 2 shops. the scammers sold to 4 shops, only 2 (which was mentioned in the news) discover it was fake. the other 2 shops that the news did not mentioned did not discover until the police investigation :eek:

the other 2 unknown shops more scary
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Can any customers who have bought watches from gnomon watches care to comment on the customer care and experience on purchasing watches from gnomon.

I am thinking of getting a steinhart watch from them.

very pleasant & easy-going people. knowledgeable. bought my steinhart from them when they were still at Shaw Tower
 

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,376
Reaction score
635
ya... but i bought from them 3 weeks ago :(

i think should be safe if any issue just go back the shop

Bring your watch to the watch manufactuer for servicing quote or verification is better then bring it to the shop. Spend abit rather then loss big big!
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
Bro student here please let me know your best price
I goldman luxury and lowball you $2.2k for black bay in house. Do people really sell at that price to the shops? Siao. Just ask for fun lol.

Quite shocked that a reputable shop will take such an enormous margin.
 
Last edited:

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2013
Messages
39,884
Reaction score
116
Bring your watch to the watch manufactuer for servicing quote or verification is better then bring it to the shop. Spend abit rather then loss big big!

haha my Omega i bought brand new should be fine

i got invoice... i might bring it to Omega for servicing next year
 

reikizi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
76
I goldman luxury and lowball you $2.2k for black bay in house. Do people really sell at that price to the shops? Siao. Just ask for fun lol.

Athena watches worst , check with them once if trade in Sinn u1 bracelet full set is how much , they told me $500-$700 depending on condition :s22:

from that day onwards, I never look at their listing or website anymore :s13:
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
Athena watches worst , check with them once if trade in Sinn u1 bracelet full set is how much , they told me $500-$700 depending on condition :s22:

from that day onwards, I never look at their listing or website anymore :s13:

Wa sai. Carousell forever.

Can con people meh???

No wonder all of them kena fake watch
 

AyuReady

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
6,811
Reaction score
3
Not my pig.

Sharing what I think is nice

fhI2OwZ.jpg
2JETECY.jpg
 

reikizi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
76
haha my Omega i bought brand new should be fine

i got invoice... i might bring it to Omega for servicing next year

normally omega, rolex, tag heuer should be quite safe with preowned shop. its those "cold door" brand like chopard , cartier that I think the shops are also not expert and may need time to check.

But if bright time can discover on its own and make police report. I think they are still ok ..

I deal with them before (bencoolen) and will not hesitate to go back
 

reikizi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
76
reading the fake watches news again

"The duo faced four charges in total, of which two were proceeded with. The remaining two, taken into consideration during sentencing, involved shops in People’s Park Complex and The Bencoolen."

only stated HRC and BT made police reports. I'll be more careful with ones that the news did not mention ..
 

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
39,145
Reaction score
7
Can any customers who have bought watches from gnomon watches care to comment on the customer care and experience on purchasing watches from gnomon.

I am thinking of getting a steinhart watch from them.

i have not bought anything from them before
but i've visited their shop numerous times, positive experience. friendly and comfortable shop
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
I really miss my Pelagos haha. Especially the lume. Thinking of LHD for the future.
I'm thinking that pure white is better than cream.. at least for such a stoic watch.

Not sure if I should switch to in house movement.

But the incomplete lume set and extra lines, don't know why all these watch companies always make negative tweaks while improving on other things?
 

estrangable

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
90
The one I am most wary is located in lucky Plaza... Ever wondered why rsc stopped doing verification? All thanks to it....

actually if you read that news again, the more scary shops is the other 2 shops. the scammers sold to 4 shops, only 2 (which was mentioned in the news) discover it was fake. the other 2 shops that the news did not mentioned did not discover until the police investigation :eek:

the other 2 unknown shops more scary
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top