The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSenG

Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2013
Messages
491
Reaction score
0
Oh my goodness!!! This watch looks incredible in the flesh and may be the best looking Speedy I've seen in person (no exaggeration). The off-black matte dial contrasts very nicely against the silver subdials and the brush finishing of the case is just perfect!!

pic site

Wish I could attend the event, was turned down politely.

Are the hands brushed as well? How was the leather strap? Just saw a video which shows the watch from different angles, really brings out the level of detail that went into the design.

Wj8I1Xw.png
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Wish I could attend the event, was turned down politely.

Are the hands brushed as well? How was the leather strap? Just saw a video which shows the watch from different angles, really brings out the level of detail that went into the design.

http://i.imgur.com/Wj8I1Xw.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yes it's brushed hands.
Wow the event is quite fun. Met alot ppl there.
Had a few bottles of champagne too. Hahaha

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ibiiMTb.jpg
 
Last edited:

AyuReady

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
6,811
Reaction score
3
From this photo, the hands look not very well finished or it's usually like this at this macro level?


Wish I could attend the event, was turned down politely.

Are the hands brushed as well? How was the leather strap? Just saw a video which shows the watch from different angles, really brings out the level of detail that went into the design.

Wj8I1Xw.png
 

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
18,213
Reaction score
5,198
^indeed looks badly finished. Don't forget they wear lupes when doing such work so it shouldn't look like that, unless its some weird angle and light effects.

How old is this piece? could be corrosion due to moisture getting inside.
 

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Messages
4,792
Reaction score
557
ULT0NDt.jpg


Interesting discussion on Hodinkee about why Rolex isn't considered part of the Holy Trinity. I mean if there's a 4th spot, surely that would go to Jaeger-LeCoultre :D
 
Last edited:

mpcdude

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2014
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Wish I could attend the event, was turned down politely.

Are the hands brushed as well? How was the leather strap? Just saw a video which shows the watch from different angles, really brings out the level of detail that went into the design.

Wj8I1Xw.png

It's brushed steel hands.
 

mpcdude

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2014
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Wow so fast got video review for the Speedy Tuesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix-7PlaSvuE
 

mpcdude

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2014
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Yes it's brushed hands.
Wow the event is quite fun. Met alot ppl there.
Had a few bottles of champagne too. Hahaha

ibiiMTb.jpg

Bro I never see you there? Haha.

Also after seeing this in person, you think you are gonna keep or flip?
 

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
18,213
Reaction score
5,198
ULT0NDt.jpg


Interesting discussion on Hodinkee about why Rolex isn't considered part of the Holy Trinity. I mean if there's a 4th spot, surely that would go to Jaeger-LeCoultre :D

Thanks, sometimes felt like I was the only one on this thread sharing links we watch enthusiats enjoy reading/ watching. More please.

If Rolex did the kind of finishing the big 3 do, they wouldnt be able to produce that many and at that price.
 

AyuReady

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
6,811
Reaction score
3
But still like sub standard around the border of the lume and at the hole of the hands area

Haha sometime better not to see in such detail

Photography call pixel peep

This one call surface peep

It's brushed steel hands.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Bro I never see you there? Haha.

Also after seeing this in person, you think you are gonna keep or flip?

I am the corner area with my friends lol.
Talking to the omega rep which is my friend also.
Talk cock drink champagne.
Nah. Probably gonna give it to my friend.

The hands does look sub par finished on the piece we handled.
The guy who received it first in sg also my friend. Lol
 

mpcdude

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2014
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
I am the corner area with my friends lol.
Talking to the omega rep which is my friend also.
Talk cock drink champagne.
Nah. Probably gonna give it to my friend.

The hands does look sub par finished on the piece we handled.
The guy who received it first in sg also my friend. Lol

Jian Ming? Haha spoke to him for a bit ytd.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
ULT0NDt.jpg


Interesting discussion on Hodinkee about why Rolex isn't considered part of the Holy Trinity. I mean if there's a 4th spot, surely that would go to Jaeger-LeCoultre :D

Maybe it could change in the future. We never know
 

MrSenG

Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2013
Messages
491
Reaction score
0
ULT0NDt.jpg


Interesting discussion on Hodinkee about why Rolex isn't considered part of the Holy Trinity. I mean if there's a 4th spot, surely that would go to Jaeger-LeCoultre :D

My vote goes to A. Lange & Söhne.

I enjoyed the video from Hodinkee about Watch Brand Pronunciation, learnt that there's another way to pronounce 'Jaeger-LeCoultre'.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top